Sharp SD-EX200 Reviews

• Sound Quality

Sharp SD-EX200 - Ask a question now

“Circuit City had one for sale for fifty dollars...”

written by Electronicdaddy on 10/01/2008

Circuit City had one for sale for fifty dollars because it was an open box item so, I jumped on it! Took the speakers out because I just couldn't believe the sound quality and they are rated at 250 watts a piece! Not like those cheap little $99 dollar ones I almost bought. I like it, sounds wonderful.I say if you see one buy it.

“The Sharp SD-EX200 is a great little system and looks...”

written by Gilly1982 on 16/05/2007

The Sharp SD-EX200 is a great little system and looks fantastic. Perfect for our spare room.

“The Sharp SD-EX200 is an excellent product, the...”

written by Frozenballz on 29/04/2005

The Sharp SD-EX200 is an excellent product, the speakers are not weak at all like other reviews have said. If they can make all the walls in a house vibrate then I don't really think they are weak, I added an extra 2 speakers to it as well and it powers all 4 speakers with no problems. Thats 2x100 watt speakers and 2x75 watt speakers, very loud system indeed, excellent sound quality due to the 1-bit digital amplifier, will shake your house even with the 2 speakers that come with it but add more if possible, well worth the money.

“I purchased the sharp SD-EX200 for my wife's home...”

written by fonz on 05/12/2004

I purchased the sharp SD-EX200 for my wife's home office because of its small size. The sound quality was limited because of the poor speakers that come with the unit. When I switched speakers to a good set, the sound quality rivaled my expensive system.

“I bought this my Sharp SD-EX200 mini hi-fi for use in...”

written by Sony Fan on 26/07/2004

I bought this my Sharp SD-EX200 mini hi-fi for use in my study and the Sharp appealed to me because it was slim enough not to take up too much space on my desk. Also, because I had no time to go and audition my system I was attracted by the substantial audio power (2x100W RMS) which is normally an indication of reasonable sound quality. Boy, was I wrong! Even playing CDs it sounds far from clear and there is no richness to the bass at all. This is in complete contrast to the Panasonic mini system I have in my kitchen which cost only £20 more and gives a lovely rounded sound. All in all a big dissappointment and a lesson in why you should always try before you buy.