David Lloyd Leisure Health Club Reviews - davidlloyd.co.uk

David Lloyd Leisure Health Club Reviews
1.5

Media Gallery for David Lloyd Leisure Health Club Reviews - davidlloyd.co.uk

“Great facilities, amazing classes”

written by JonahLaw128 on 12/06/2024

I've joined many gyms over the past 20 years but never stuck with any for more than a few months. When I joined David Lloyds in Exeter, I didn't expect things to be any different. That was until I met a personal trainer who completely changed my outlook on fitness. He personalised workouts are just right for me. They're tough but also a lot of fun. The atmosphere and energy in his classes make me forget that I'm working hard – I actually enjoy it! Unlike my past experiences with personal trainers, he really knows his stuff. He can make the gym experience enjoyable and achievable. He understood my goals and helped me overcome my obstacles. His encouragement and positive attitude motivate to do more. I not only look forward to my workouts but have also seen improvements in my fitness and overall health. David Lloyds Exeter is lucky to have him, and I can't recommend him highly enough!

“Utterly disappointed with the service received at the DL”

written by Cristian357 on 08/06/2024

I am utterly disappointed with the service received at the DL Aspley, Nottingham branch reception. The behavior of the staff, especially an older gentleman, was unprofessional and discourteous, significantly detracting from the expected standard of customer service. Such conduct is unacceptable and has deeply marred my perception of the establishment.

“amazing club”

written by Rigoberto179 on 07/06/2024

love the gym staff are amazing, very kind and helpful

“Rising costs whilst gym quality declines rapidly”

written by devoncrazylegs on 15/05/2024

Annoyed that I have to write yet another negative review of the club but it's getting progressively worse. Exeter club has turned into an absolute circus. Way too busy, prices going up, club is filthy with bin bags left in changing rooms, broken equipment. And lastly, the car park is outright dangerous. Some genius has decided to run a 2 week for £20 promotion whilst a large portion of the car park is closed off for building work.In that time I have witnessed a mother almost get knocked down with her kid and today a car hit a parked car in the car park and drive off. According to reception this is the second crash in the car park in as many weeks. The car park is the busiest I have ever seen it with cars blocking exits and restricting views of pedestrians. Once the club have you signed up they don't care about you. They are only interested in new business and for what you pay you get no real perks other than the odd measly guest pass. I am thinking about leaving as soon as a viable option becomes available and would not recommend the club to ANYONE in it's current state. I have been leaving feedback about all of this after every visit in the last month and have had ZERO contact from DL. And lastly, the membership I was on jumped £25 a month in 6 months last year. An absolute joke given the club is in the worst state I have ever seen it in.

“Best Trainer”

written by JacquelineChilcott on 07/05/2024

I have been attending David Lloyd classes for more than ten years. She is an excellent trainer whose focus and attention to detail is second to none. Moreover, although she takes her job very seriously, she finds a balance between working her clients hard whilst creating a light, and often fun environment. As she says, laughing is good for us.

“Very Knowledgeable Staff”

written by 308Gleason on 26/04/2024

I was looking to join David Lloyd in Bushey and had a very informative show round by a lady. She was incredibly passionate about fitness, and took lots of time explaining all the different areas of the club, and the benefits for members. She is certainly a great ambassador for David Lloyd.

“Membership fees”

written by hwKennedy372 on 18/04/2024

Anyone else had their membership fees increased by 15% and being told by David Lloyd that long membership loyalty doesn't mean anything to them? They have changed their Terms and Conditions so no longer have to give 3 months' notice of the over inflation increase but forgot to tell me of the changes. Instead they told me I can pay the increase or leave immediately and they will waive any notice period!! Will be taking them to court to protect my consumer rights

“I would like to praise the employee for being...”

written by SusanPittock on 16/04/2024

I would like to praise the employee for being extremely helpful, pleasant and nothing being too much trouble. A credit to David Lloyd!

“Increase membership after 3 months ”

written by Rafaelectrician on 20/03/2024

I joined David Lloyd on September 20th, shortly after moving to Bicester, signing a 12-month platinum membership contract. In November, I used three free personal training sessions included in my membership. Enjoying them, I expressed interest in booking more sessions, and the PT explained the process through the app. She mentioned a discounted rate if I booked eight sessions. Unfortunately, I got injured at work after three sessions and had to pause for two weeks. In January, I discovered that David Lloyd had charged £996 for the PT sessions without my consent. Additionally, they increased my membership fee without permission. I discussed this with my PT, who promised to speak to the manager about a refund due to my injury. However, the gym manager said it needed approval from higher management. Eventually, they offered vouchers for future sessions instead of a refund. This unexpected charge of £664 has put me in financial distress, as I had to borrow money to cover it. David Lloyd's actions feel like a sham, leaving me in even more debt. I sent emails to the management to ask for a meeting, and I called numbers times and never refunded any money or called me back. Now I can't cancel my contract. Just becarfull.

Cristian357's Response to Rafaelectrician's Review

Same experience, last year

“Customer service, sales”

written by TeresaAlex on 08/03/2024

I have been trying to get an answer to an email for the last week and no one has answered. I decided to terminate my membership and this is also proving difficult, only get an email saying that this needs to be handled by the sales team. No email or telephone number is given in tha email , and I have requested this in their portal. Absolutely shocking

“Marjan - reformer Pilates class”

written by SaraJaneOsrin on 01/03/2024

After attending many Pilates and Pilates reformer classes I have to say that Marjan at David Lloyd Finchley is amazing. She is both professional and friendly as well as leading the most unbelievable class. She seems to be the only instructor that is able to have one exercise flow into the other and one is constantly working. In the reformer class you really feel like you are getting your moneys worth. I am just confused as to why she doesn’t have more prime time classes and why instructors with far less knowledge and experience have these spaces. Please David Lloyd, is it not possible to give the more experienced teachers more classes?

“Excellent facilities, curteous friendly staff, great...”

written by Elliehall2 on 13/02/2024

I have been a member since David Lloyds in Southend was built and never been disappointed. Beautiful swimming pools, attractive membership packages, including off peak and guest passes. A great choice of classes. Today's aqua was fun and a good work out as usual. Staff are helpful, friendly and welcoming. My go to place.

“Very poor management ”

written by Jakob421 on 01/02/2024

Shocking attitude from senior manager in Edinburgh, intimidating members, not acting on complaints. Weird.

Cristian357's Comment

Same attitude in DL Nottingham - Aspley ... they just try to cover up

“Excellent Zumba class”

written by 6115851912 on 31/01/2024

I have to say that the Zumba class at Chigwell David Lloyd was really good we had lots of fun and the instructor had us all involved she had some brilliant tracks for us to dance along to , she also does have themes to get us all dancing and the variety of music keeps us all interested she has made my exercise lessons fun and keeps me fit x

“Fabulous Experience.”

written by Jennap155 on 08/01/2024

Just rejoined DL Dartford after many years out of the loop. My first experience today was fabulous…. Very friendly lady on reception who helped me with the App. I booked onto “Spirit & live Sound meditation” at 11.30am today Monday to ease me back into Healthy Living. The instructor was knowledgable, helpful and made me feel welcome. Afterwards I had a hot cup of tea in the bar area. My granddaughter attends swimming lessons here on a Saturday morning and loves them. She has become a strong swimmer over the years and always wants to take part in their big weekends and swimming galas. These weekends are great fun and very well organised. Thank you David Lloyd, Dartford.

“Dangerous”

written by on 30/12/2023

This place (Norwich) is simply a dangerous place to work out. Fire alarm “sounded” the other day, but there were no visuals to notify those with hearing impairment. As a result evacuation took significantly longer for those people, but also for people who were using noise cancelling headphones. Of course they will be reported to the police and the fire department. In addition, the increased the fees mid-contract which I think is, to say the least, appalling… beware…

“Dartford ”

written by O'Connorrx479 on 07/12/2023

I am a member of dartford David Lloyd and wanted to say that the lady on the reception desk is so amazing. She is always very helpful and Always have a smile on her face. thank you for being so great.

“Friendly, professional, awesome staff”

written by Robs24 on 04/12/2023

Awesome premium club, staff were very welcoming.

“Management don’t care about members”

written by Jon2518 on 09/11/2023

If I could give it less than 1 star I would, I have been a member now for over a year and generally had no issues with the club we are there 7 days a week and have added extras to include tennis and swimming for the kids, and get on with all the staff and members. That was until the night of the Halloween party put on by the gym, where things started to spiral out of control and have now escalated more than then needed to. On this night my partner was assaulted. We returned to the gym on the Sunday to find out that the gentleman in question actually works for the company as a lifeguard. My partner was immediately uncomfortable with the situation and felt nervous. We reported this to the management team at the gym whom said they require a statements from myself and my partner, in order to have this dealt with straight away we emailed the statements the same day. After this we had, had no correspondence from them and the staff member was still present at work for days after this. The first correspondence we had was an email to inform me that I had been suspended from the gym under one of there May clauses due to assault on a team member (pushing him). No calls of emails or anything to ask how my partner was in the situation, daily she is upset about the incident and I have to console her, she is anxious and depressed. This is not how she should be feeling. Sri nearly two weeks on we have had no emails calls, or messages from the gym with an update. When we try to call the managers are free and then when are names are mentioned to them all of a sudden they are busy and can’t talk. This is not an experience that we should have had, and the dismissive way in which we feel it has been dealt with is no justifiable. I cannot express how disappointed we are in the way this has been dealt with. And yes the police have been involved, and this has also been reported to the local papers. We should not be made to feel the perpetrators in this, seems they are looking after their own and using the pushing of a member as a scape goat to usher myself out of the gym.

Cristian357's Response to Jon2518's Review

You should see The Asply ones .... 10 X

“AVOID! No customer service ”

written by RodneyGallegos382 on 08/11/2023

We joined in June 2023. Apart from a lot of wrong information from the guy who sold us the membership which subsequently cost us a lot of extra money we also had a further problem. My husband injured his back badly in July. He saw a chiropractor and actually he has proper damage which we subsequently found out through Scans over the next 3 weeks. We have informed David Lloyd as soon as it happened and have been told to get a sick note. The chiropractor was on a long summer holiday and only managed to send us the sickness note beginning of August. My husband did not use the club from July until November but David Lloyd has only suspended the membership from the 1st of September as we only got hold of the sick note beginning of August. They refuse to accept the date the chiropractor said ( July ) and are saying the T&C‘s are that they only use the time the sick note is received and then it only works from the next month. This is unbelievable. What absolute terrible practice. 6 weeks payment for nothing despite telling the club immediately. David Lloyd has just lost a membership worth £270 a month. I can’t risk hurting myself and then not being able to stop payment. Due to his back he also couldn’t work so our income was reduced. To me this is money grabbing. Other issues - lots of small kids hogging equipment in the gym ( without parents or PT‘s ) and clearly no older than 7/8 ! And as mentioned false information regarding my sons age and cost so rather than paying just under £30 a month we now have to pay £79. Wrong information at the sign up! Train your staff and look after your members ! We didn’t make that injury up ! We have all the proof ! Lack of staff available in the gym can also cause a problem as people easily do things wrong with no one to ask so injury also likely to happen. No person to speak to I’m your club about anything! Book a call or live chat which takes ages ! It seems all money grabbing and saving cost !!! Super frustrated and angry !!

Asked by Ellandrd3567 on 28th January 2018 Report this content
Why doesn't DAVID LLOYDS in Hull give NHS DISCOUNTS like the rest of David Lloyds?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Asked by cb256287 on 18th June 2014 Report this content
Can someone please explain to me how the DL rewards scheme works? After 6 years you get 6 free passes and 7%, but do you still get the 6 free passes your 7,8,9,10... or just a one off free passes for year 2, year 4 and year 6?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site