Kelly Services Reviews - www.kellyservices.co.uk

Summary

Find the perfect job or career for you with some help from our Recruitment Agency reviews. In this section share your experiences with us about Kelly Services Recruitment, how did they help you? Voice your opinions, whether positive or negative on issues that have affected you, customer service perhaps, or the type of job roles they provide. Every detail is a contribution to helping yourself and others to compare the agencies available to help you climb that career ladder. Be informed to find the best job agency.
Kelly Services www.kellyservices.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Kelly Services www.kellyservices.co.uk

Kelly Services www.kellyservices.co.uk
Kelly Services www.kellyservices.co.uk

“Highly Unprofessional”

Written on: 06/12/2017 by Waderg350 (1 review written)

Kelly Services are the most unprofessional recruitment agency I have ever worked with. After 10 days of requesting and waiting for feedback, I received no response. I contacted the employing company directly who explained they had given Kelly Services feedback but this was never passed on. It also transpired that Kelly Services had lied on several points. The employing company said they would investigate why Kelly Services had acted so poorly. Whether you are an employer or a candidate, I would avoid using this recruitment company.

“Worst agency I have been involved with”

Written on: 05/10/2014 by Titus407 (1 review written)

Worst agency I have been involved with. Randomly phone me up offering me a job interview and give me a time and date and that is the last I hear from them. No feedback on the interview, no letting me know if I was unsuccesful and why, nor can i get in touch with anyone. Makes me wonder if they really are a legitimate agency. Joke.

“What a joke!”

Written on: 18/02/2013

This people never hired anyone, they make you go fill 50 forms and then the waiting begings, it's been more than two years and this people havent called me.

“What a farce”

Written on: 07/02/2013 by SomethingWillTurnUp (5 reviews written)

A woman from the agency phoned up to say she had my CV online and could I go and register because she had a job that would be just right for me. So I went in 2 days later as arranged but she said sorry there was a mistake as she had the wrong CV! Never mind, she said - at least you have had a morning out!

“Not bad”

Written on: 19/12/2012 by NeilNguyen (1 review written)

I was treated with much kindness, respect and professionalism up until the point where I submitted my resume for review. They did not have Word 2010 at the time, so were unable to read my resume. On many attempts to convert my resume back to Word 2007 so they can read it, they gave up and I never heard from them again. Understandably, the front-end recruitment officers wouldn't be expected to be computer literate enough to be able to read a Word 2010 document, but surely someone at that place has be smart enough to... :S

“Low Paid borderline Scam”

Written on: 01/04/2012 by MrQ111 (1 review written)

Be very aware of this agency, they are borderline legal, usualy paying minimum rate or as close to it as they can get away with. Looking at the current crop of jobs on offer at their offices is like time stood still for the last twenty years. I know people who've taken a lot of trouble filling in application forms then never hearing from them again, perhaps not a bad thing.

“Forms”

Written on: 30/03/2012 by Len99 (1 review written)

One of the worst employment agencies going. Loathe to budge from the minimum rate of pay. The jobs advertised look like something from ten years ago. The forms take hours to fill in and then you have to do a speed and accuracy test and then you dont hear from them again. Perhaps thats not a bad thing.

“A customer service company with pathetic cust serv to...”

Written on: 24/02/2012 by Beatus (1 review written)

That is very true. I guess you are talking about Kelly Services, Kirkby, Liverpool branch. The whole place is a joke!!! I was unceremoniously dismissed as well. I was called for an interview to discuss the matter...only to find that together with the managers up there they had already come to a conclusion...no input or explanation from my side on what really could have happened! Beside its ridiculous to give staff 15 mins break for the whole day!!! I tended to use them all in the morning in the loo when I was freshening up if I had just rolled out of bed to go to work...then found myself with 2 minutes or so to use for the whole day and a manager at times standing at the toilet door counting down the minutes. That's how ridiculous that was!!!

“worst compnay ever young inexperiences staff”

Written on: 18/10/2011 by anon123abc (1 review written)

Im a professional at 35 hand have held positions from director so area manager, national sales manager, to a humble bar person (Bar person probs one of the funnest jobs iv had) went to this company as they are a large organisation and can tap into many different areas. Staff: Impolite, inexperienced and tried to tell me what i should be doing to gain employment with their clients. I am always open to learning but when an inexperienced person who knows nothing about the job that they are trying to put me in for, tells me what i should be doing and then spends half an hour actually trying to find the job brief means he is talking out of his bum Getting an appointment: They could not even get me into see an employer in 3 months, even though i was contacting them regularly for updates and saying look seen this job advertised by you can you get me in their, just didnt get a response from them and didnt get an interview. Interview: Interview arranged with a decent blue chip company, went in sueted and booted for head of sales position, they thought i was their to start work in the factory that day......Sales Manager Position was closed and taken 3 weeks earlier. Worst company ever, o and Manpower are just as bad

“ABSOLUTE SHYT. OFFERED ME A JOB THEN THE DAY BEFORE...”

Written on: 16/05/2011

ABSOLUTE SHYT. OFFERED ME A JOB THEN THE DAY BEFORE CANCELLED ON ME BECAUSE I HAVE A DISABILITY.
DONT WORK HERE. EVER.

“Worst employment agency ever.Never,never set foot in...”

Written on: 11/04/2011

Worst employment agency ever.Never,never set foot in Kelly Services.

“What a disgrace,they offered my daughter a job in...”

Written on: 15/02/2011

What a disgrace,they offered my daughter a job in october 2010.
It then took 3 months for them to get all the papper work together,all this time she was unemployed,they finally gave her a start date today 15.02.11
The day before she gets an email to say you didnt meet the criterea!!!
they could of told her this 3 months ago.
I would never advise anyone to work for this agencey they are rubbish.

“MY NAME IS PHILL DICKSON FROM HARTLEPOOL.MY EXPERIENCE...”

Written on: 11/01/2011

MY NAME IS PHILL DICKSON FROM HARTLEPOOL.MY EXPERIENCE WITH KELLY SERVICES IS THAT THEY ARE A DISGRACE.THEY HAVE NO COMPASSION FOR UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE,THEY TREAT ME LIKE DIRT.I WENT FOR AN ASSESSMENT ON THE 14/12/2010.THIS WOMAN CALLED NICOLA CURRY SAID WE WILL LET YOU KNOW IF YOU HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL THE SAME DAY,THEY NEVER DID,THEY LEFT ME WONDERING ALL OVER XMAS AND THE NEW YEAR.I WAS SUCCESSFUL I GOT NO INDUCTION THE TRAINING WAS JUST A JOKE,THERE ATTITUDE WAS DISGUSTING.THIS OTHER WOMAN CALLED JAYNE MILLER BASED IN NEWCASTLE HER ATTITUDE IS A DISGRACE.I WILL SAY TO ANYBODY WHO READS THIS,...DO NOT GO TO KELLY SERVICES,THEY ARE A VERY BAD AGENCY WHO DO NOT CARE ABOUT UNEMPLOYED OR LONG TERM UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE....BE CAREFUL.

“I have worked for Kelly Services as a temp for a...”

Written on: 24/10/2010

I have worked for Kelly Services as a temp for a number of years now and in most cases have secured long term temping roles from assignments which were supposed to have been weeks rather than years.
Not only did I extend the period of the position but in a number of cases significantly increased my salary.
This was in no part due to the effort of Kelly service agents who in fact,seem terrified to rock the boat and get their employees the salary they deserve for work well done.
Also when your contract is finally done, the agents treat you as if your just another pleb.

“I've been temping through the Glasgow branch for a...”

Written on: 22/09/2010

I've been temping through the Glasgow branch for a couple of months now, and have to say that the team in Glasgow are the most professional and friendly recruitment consultants that i've ever dealt with. I'd highly recommend Kelly Services to anyone who is looking for a temporary position, people just have to remember that at the moment, there are more people looking for work than there are jobs available so you can't really hold it against them if they can't get you something.

“Having registered on line, I waited for a week... I...”

Written on: 22/09/2010

Having registered on line, I waited for a week... I then phoned to confirm my cv had been received... it hadn't. I then sent it for a second time to Ric, who said he would be in touch and thanked me. Two days later I called as I had not been invited in for an interview to even see the agency, I spoke again to Ric who didn't appear to have got my cv, that is until I reminded him of the fact we had spoken only two days ago, all of a sudden it was found (amazing). He proceeded to read my cv to me, and said that he would get his colleague to call me back with details of a job that day... I waited about 15 hours and called back the following morning.

I would love to do what these people do... get paid for doing nothing!!!

Total waste of time... all of them!

“Unprofessional, rude. That was my impression after my...”

Written on: 01/07/2010

Unprofessional, rude. That was my impression after my one and only phone call to kelly services. After a short hello from the woman, she hit me with, Whats your experience? Whats your experience? so i told her ive done office work during the summers inbetween my time at university. All she had to say was they are 'only employ people with 6 months office experience'. If the stupid woman on the phone was actually listening and give me half a chance before putting the phone down i could have told her that i have 6 months experience of office work!. Horrible and patronising. We will see who is laughing when i get my graduate job! Reed are so much better and are also more helpful.

“UNPROFESSIONAL, CLICKY BUNCH OF BIMBOS THAT "MANAGE...”

Written on: 30/06/2010

UNPROFESSIONAL, CLICKY BUNCH OF BIMBOS THAT "MANAGE AND well emm """"WORK"""" in their offices. THEY LIVE UP TO THEIR REPUTATION OF NOT DELIVERING AND CONSTANTLY MESS PEOPLE AROUND! THEY TREAT THEIR TEMPS EXTREMELY BADLY AND DO NOT LOOK AFTER THEM AT ALL. THEY REALLY DON'T CARE AND EVEN LET THEIR CLIENTS DOWN! I WOULD SAY - KELLY SERVICES = A HORRIBLE, INSINCERE, SPITEFUL, SUPERCILIOUS, STUPID BUNCH OF MORONS!!!!!!
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE OF BOTH HEAD OFFICE AND VICTORIA BRANCH IS THAT NO ONE CARES - LEAST OF ALL THE MANAGERS! I HOPE THE OFFICE "MANAGER" AT VICTORIA BRANCH GETS THE SAME TREATMENT FROM OTHERS AS SHE MEETS OUT! MY ADVICE - GIVE THEM A WIDE BERTH!!!!!

“I woked for kelly services in the M&S call centre. I...”

Written on: 26/05/2010

I woked for kelly services in the M&S call centre. I turned up early every day, worked overtime at least once a week, sometimes working from 8am till 11pm with 15 minutes notice on my day off.
I was good at my job, knew what I was doing, and was polite to customers.

But they sacked me 5 weeks before Xmas. A week after M&S declared that Xmas sales were rubbish for 2009.

BUT, I was sacked for 'gross misconduct' with no reason given.

and a lot of other people, it seems, were 'grossly negligent' over the next 14 days.

Now, given the fact that I was sacked because of a downfall in the economy, and had a black mark on my employment history, and had no money to pay my rent and ended up havng to move house, you might expect the company to give me, say a week's pay, to find another job.

Oh no, not these people.

I was called in to speak to the Kelly services Rep's office at half past 11, and was told to be out of the building by 11.45.

And that was it.
And now I can't get another job in a callcentre because I later found out I was sacked for 'breach of Data Protection law' which is absolute lies.

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU HAVE NO CHOICE IN THE MATTER

Guest's Comment

Written on: 24/02/2012

Read 1 Comment

“No sick pay, too many hours expected to be worked...”

Written on: 10/02/2010

No sick pay, too many hours expected to be worked without pay. No Bank Holiday pay, No holiday pay. Yet don't be late, your having a laugh!