Hotel Tsokkos Beach Reviews

Hotel Tsokkos Beach - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Hotel Tsokkos Beach

Hotel Tsokkos Beach

“Hotel tired, food poor, nice staff!”

Written on: 15/08/2013 by merman (2 reviews written)

Having previously stayed at and visited friends staying at sister hotels in the Tsokkos chain in Protaras, we had thought that the Tsokkos Protaras Hotel (Formerly the Tsokkos Beach Hotel) would be at least as good. However we were disappointed, the room (223) was not up to the standard of those at the Odessa nor the Constantinous the Great, it all looked a bit tired and in need of a refurb, the bed had a foot missing so when you sat on the edge the bed dropped a couple of inches, and there were stains on one of the pillowcases, however both issues were quickly remedied once reported. The headboard fixed to the wall was patently for a king or queen size bed, but the bed was neither. We were only there for a week and didn't spend much time in the room, and frankly I'd rather get on with my holiday - I've come on holiday to get away from stress! I wasn't going to get wound up over minor problems, just wanting to enjoy our holiday! Things we noticed but didn't complain about are listed below, which just reinforces the "tired" aspect of the hotel: A toilet cistern which was excessively noisy when (worn out ballcock valve?)- we're talking a good 3 minutes of loud groaning whilst the last 10% filled up. A TV with no English channels - not even news channels, with a remote that was for another TV - some of the buttons did something, but not what they were meant to! No kettle/tea/coffee facilities in the room Patio door onto balcony which didn't always latch closed which in turn disabled the air conditioning when it opened.....I learnt how to jiggle the catch to make it latch so it wasn't an issue. Bathroom lighting dim (single 2 foot fluorescent over sink).....bath overflow fitting was displaced and mouldy - spotted by my wife when she took a bath instead of having a shower - we'd have reported it but it was the day before we left. That is not to say the room was dirty, in fact the general standard of housekeeping was excellent, fresh towels and bed made every day, but I wonder if the cleaners could see much in the bathroom in such poor light? Whilst the swimming pools were cleaned and water checked daily, and kept pristine, other areas needed attention, areas of granite cladding had come off by entrances (top pool area into games room), corners of steps had been broken, and there were glass topped coffee tables with chipped edges- not a good thing for with guests with toddlers! Food was pretty repetitive and not as nice as at the sister hotels. I'm not a fussy eater, I'm up for anything (well at least once)if I don't like something, I'll try something else till I find something I do, but there isn't much that I don't like. There were a lot of Russian guests, I'm not sure if the menu choices reflected this, mostly it tended to be the traditional Greek/Italian meals with some pasta or rice, a potato dish, and loads of salad, vegetable choice was limited, often to one! (Carrots one night, Cauliflower the next) The meat dishes were invariably in some sort of sauce, a common fault was that food was overly salty. Many of the British guests were surprised that there were no chips (despite being listed on the menu every night), for some people an absolute must - especially those with fussy kids! Eventually the weight of complaints from British guests led to chips being made available in the children's area of the buffet, but the management's attempts to deflect these complaints by saying that there were problems in Cyprus with potatoes just made people more annoyed! We took a look around the Odessa and the Constantinous the Great to see if they were in a similar state, thankfully they weren't, and we talked to British guests with small kids we met at both hotels, we were told chips were available every night! The entertainments team were lovely, they worked really hard to try and make sure everyone enjoyed themselves. He did his own spin on bingo (takes longer when you have to say the numbers in several languages!)but his enthusiasm and light hearted manner won him many fans, his fire show was spectacular! The bar and waiting staff were lovely, from what I could tell, nearly all from eastern Europe, (Serbia, Croatia etc) they worked really hard, were polite and efficient, (even with those guests without any manners of their own), they all spoke pretty good English and would have a laugh with you (if there was time). Overall not up the standard I've come expect from Tsokkos - problems were with the fabric of the building and furnishings, generally not with the staff....we won't return! (except to see if the lead guy is there next year to say hello!)

“i love this hotel and i would go back every year well...”

Written on: 27/10/2009

i love this hotel and i would go back every year well atleast 2 times a year!

“I would stop at this hotel the Hotel Tsokkos Beach...”

Written on: 09/11/2008

I would stop at this hotel the Hotel Tsokkos Beach again. I got married when I was out there the hotel was great with all my 21 guests coming back to the hotel after our wedding and reception meal was over they opened another bar for us all.

“We had a fab time at the Tsokkos beach and we cant...”

Written on: 06/03/2008 by KLittlewood (1 review written)

We had a fab time at the Tsokkos beach and we cant wait to return this year! The staff were friendly and the hotel was spotless! There was always plenty to do for the kids and the food was lovely.
Would strongly recommend the Japanease restaurant if you get the chance to go there, amazing!

“ Had a fantatastic time.2006 and 2007”

Written on: 27/01/2008

Had a fantatastic time.2006 and 2007

“I do agree that the rating is marked up wrong should...”

Written on: 08/11/2007 by thea65uk (1 review written)

I do agree that the rating is marked up wrong should be 3 star and when you pay £1000 per head in the peak season you should expect air con to be working
great location for everything even Mcdonalds is 4 minutes walk if you like that sort of thing, met some nice people (northerners mostly)
we are coming back next year and bringing some family too as we enjoyed the holiday, just hope the air con is working !!

“An overall an excellent holiday looking at going back...”

Written on: 28/08/2007 by hayleytrow336 (1 review written)

An overall an excellent holiday looking at going back next year. The staff were all so friendly and willing to help. I was really ill whilst out there was looked after well. Pool is huge and plenty going on.The beach is 2 minutes away and the bars shops etc are literally a min walk away. The staff were great we miss them. Ayia Napa is 10 minutes away we went there so its not far if you want a change. The water park is also a great day out.

“I've been to the Hotel Tsokkos Beach 3 times and I am...”

Written on: 13/08/2007 by jynxxiRIOT (1 review written)

I've been to the Hotel Tsokkos Beach 3 times and I am returning again in 6 weeks.
It's probably my most enjoyed holiday. It's in a brilliant location, a 2 minute walk to shops, the beach and nightlife, if that! The pool is always clean and there are always plenty of sunbeds. A real good holiday for everyone, families, couples, great catering for weddings as I saw quite a few put on there. I would recommend it to anyone thinking of going to Cyprus.
Entertainment is always good. A little less for the children though.
Plenty of water polo, football, darts, quizzes, play your cards right and bingo for the adults.
Kids disco, dancing for the kids and big kids.

Staff are friendly and most speak good English.
There is a supermarket across and down the road, if you want any crisps or ice creams etc.
Just a brilliant holiday!

“Hotel Tsokkos Beach is centrally located and so many...”

Written on: 23/07/2007 by Beck Spencer (1 review written)

Hotel Tsokkos Beach is centrally located and so many bars and restaurants are to hand, as well as the local nightlife. The main strip of beach is also just a short walk down the road. The hotel was kept clean and the food at the hotel was more than pleasing, as most nights, there was a variety of food and a extensive salad bar. The pool is also very lovely and hygienic, although you can easily slip on the wet tiles around the pool and guests tend to reserve all the sunbeds before 8.30am. The hotel was overall of a good standard, but definitely not what is expected of a four star rating. The hotel is ideal in terms of its central location, however it is overpriced for what it is.

“This was the most disappointing holiday for the whole...”

Written on: 06/09/2006 by stansfield (1 review written)

This was the most disappointing holiday for the whole family. The hotel is not 4* at all, and in my opinion not reaching above 2*!

We were given camp beds for some of our family (adults), and the room was in a poor condition with mould and paper hanging off the walls.

There were cockroaches in the lobby of the Tsokkos Beach Hotel, and when we went to the beach there was raw sewage gushing into the sea!!

It was my first visit to Protaras in Cyprus and my family won't be returning!

“The Hotel Tsokkos Beach in Protaras is situated right...”

Written on: 21/07/2006 by thomasdjp07 (1 review written)

The Hotel Tsokkos Beach in Protaras is situated right in the heart of a very friendly resort with lots of fun things going on each and every night. The hotel itself was very clean, and most of the staff are very polite and helpful. The gorgeous beach is 2 minutes walk away, and there are plenty of quality places to eat out.

“this was the best holady I have ever been, all 17...”

Written on: 28/02/2006 by mega star (1 review written)

this was the best holady I have ever been, all 17 people who came with us said so too, and have been recomending it ever since, and 5 of my freinds are going in May.

“We had a good time at The Hotel Tsokkos Beach in...”

Written on: 22/09/2005 by jazzman (1 review written)

We had a good time at The Hotel Tsokkos Beach in Protaras. The beach is a two minute walk away, and the excellent water park is a bus ride away. There are lots of bars, restaurants, and there is a MacDonald's for the kids just up the road, if you don't like the food elsewhere. I found the food OK though, but the breakfast wasn't very hot. The staff are friendly, and the entertainments team did a good job.

“The Hotel Tsokkos Beach is a great hotel for families...”

Written on: 25/06/2005 by karenl2 (1 review written)

The Hotel Tsokkos Beach is a great hotel for families and couples very clean. All the staff were great. I would go again.

“Very disappointed at best the Hotel Tsokkos Beach is...”

Written on: 12/08/2004 by cherryb (1 review written)

Very disappointed at best the Hotel Tsokkos Beach is only a two star hotel with a standard of service to match.
Pool bar staff, rude and inpatient at all times...
The hotel it's self was noisy evening and night with disco music blaring out from 10.00am onwards.
With tractor's starting work at 07.00 in the morning to cut back palm tree's.....this is not my idea of a relaxing holiday.
This is my 3rd return visit to Cyprus and will never return back to that hotel or indeed another Tsokkos hotel if this is the standard they maintain.

206877_Dandawright's Response to cherryb's Review

Written on: 19/08/2005

We stayed at the Cleopatra Tsokkos Hotel in Sharm EL Sheikh in the last 2 weeks of July 2005. The hotel is tatty. I think the company is too busy making and spending cash on the wrong things. They should plough some back into their business infrastructure and assets. Our stay was bitterly disappointing. I would never use or recommend this hotel group to anyone.
<br>