Coleman Forrester Reviews

Coleman Forrester - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Coleman Forrester

Coleman Forrester
Coleman Forrester

“Great tent that has given us our money's worth. ...”

Written on: 13/06/2009

Great tent that has given us our money's worth. However, like other postings here and elsewhere, the fiberglass poles crack.

Coleman no longer stocks them.
Here are the specs to help you make them.
2 main poles are 265" in 11 sections part 9276-132
1 side pole is 206.3" in 9 sections

“Beware! I bought a Coleman Forrester from Overstock....”

Written on: 09/04/2005 by bgwhitney (1 review written)

Beware! I bought a Coleman Forrester from Overstock. Following the directions, I staked it down first, then inserting the poles it stretched so tight the seam from the bottom to the side spread apart and the threads finally broke!

Side poles cracked in 2 places before I could even seat them.

Coleman customer support: We sold this tent exclusively to Target until 2002. We do not support the warranty if you bought it elsewhere.

Overstock (to their credit) has said they will either refund or… Read Full Review

Seward's Response to bgwhitney's Review

Written on: 05/06/2006

Thanks for the warning I was looking for a mid sized tent. I will scratch this one of the list.

Read 1 Comment

“We have enjoyed our Coleman Forrester, but like one...”

Written on: 05/04/2005 by awh27 (1 review written)

We have enjoyed our Coleman Forrester, but like one of the previous reviews said, we also had our side pole crack on only our second time setting it up. I'm also in the process of requesting a replacement pole. We'll put Coleman to the test… Read Full Review

Awh27's Response to awh27's Review

Written on: 06/04/2005

Coleman is sending me a pole no questions after I emailed them. They said it will be here in one week.

Awh27's Response to awh27's Review

Written on: 08/06/2005

Yes, it arrived within 1 week. I was very impressed. It's a different part number now, because this tent was made exclusively for Target, but they have a compatible pole that they substitute that is the same thing.

Elby's Response to awh27's Review

Written on: 07/06/2005

Did it arrive?

Read 3 Comments

“I love the Coleman Forrester, but we had to use some...”

Written on: 12/09/2004 by Sabinat (1 review written)

I love the Coleman Forrester, but we had to use some ingenuity to use it after the pole cracked the first time we set it up. We got the tent last year at the end of the season - so this summer was the first time we used it. I just got around to requesting a new pole from Coleman so I'll let you know if they honored their warranty. If they do, then I will say this is one of the best tents around… Read Full Review

“Coleman Forrester: ”

Written on: 08/07/2004 by rusty7jr (1 review written)

Coleman Forrester:
We had one of the worst rainstorms that I can remember over this past time I went out camping. We must of had something like 2-3" of rain in a 5 hour period - with lots of wind as well. The tent held up great - I didn't get wet, and neither did any of my stuff. We had no leaks… Read Full Review