Ibanez SZ520QM Reviews

• Appearance

Ibanez SZ520QM - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ibanez SZ520QM

Ibanez SZ520QM

“Really great guitar, well made and good value for the...”

Written on: 03/02/2010

Really great guitar, well made and good value for the money.

“This is a great budget guitar in the price range for...”

Written on: 25/12/2006 by jazzman999999 (1 review written)

This is a great budget guitar in the price range for any standard of playing. The best thing about it is, is the fact I can pull off metal and blues at the switch of a button! Its great, and the looks are just fantastic (I have the sunburst colour).

“The Ibenez SZ520QM Electric Guitar is not expensive....”

Written on: 10/11/2006 by cheapibanez (1 review written)

The Ibenez SZ520QM Electric Guitar is not expensive. It is great for beginners, and it doesn't have a bad sound. Definitely worth the money!

Although the strings are high off the fretboard, so it's a fight to play. It dents really easy, and after a while it will make weird sounds. It is worth the money, but I wish I had saved up for something that is a little better.

Go with a Fender!

“...When I read the other reviews on this site I got...”

Written on: 10/08/2005 by Joe Autenrieth (19 reviews written)

...When I read the other reviews on this site I got the feeling that I was a lucky guy with my SZ520. There is no problem with this axe beside getting addicted to it. I picked it with a quilted maple top in gold amber and the tribal inlay looks great, too. The 3-way toggle gives a great result in tone-variety and even in a higher output when switched to the lead position. Although my newest guitar is a Gibson Flying V '67 in classic white I'm still very happy to own this one also. Check it out - could be the right one for you...

“Ibanez SZ520QM: I'm Vinnyguitarman I've been playing...”

Written on: 13/05/2005 by Vinnyguitarman (7 reviews written)

Ibanez SZ520QM: I'm Vinnyguitarman I've been playing and performing for over 30 years and I love to share my thoughts and experiences with guitars. Hot looking guitar, wide neck good for metal and string bending. Soaring, screaming leads come out of this guitar ...but it also lets out some strange buzzes and other mysterious noises that seem to come from the neck pick up ....not only mine but two others I've played seem to be the same. The price is very good and if you can't afford the LesPaul or you don't want to go the Epiphone route and if Fender isn't for you ..this is a good guitar at a good price. The craftsmanship looks a little suspect (the knobs and switches are tinny) but all in all its pretty good.

“Ibanez SZ520QM - On a scale of 1 to 5, I would rate...”

Written on: 04/07/2004 by 6itboxnat (1 review written)

Ibanez SZ520QM - On a scale of 1 to 5, I would rate this guitar at 4.5. I really like this guitar, however, there are some little bits that I wish Ibanez would have improved on. Besides the flaws, this guitar is pretty much a great guitar. It scores a 5 on looks, and scores a 4 on sound. The sound is great, but there are some buzzing sounds if the amp is turned up on loud. What amazes me the most has to be the design and apperance of the guitar. The details and structure put into this guitar really shows. If you compare this guitar with any guitar in its price range, you will find the SZ520QM beats it in design and maybe in sound. The headstock is a good change in Ibanez, I don't like their traditional headstocks (black, one-sided tuners) it's look odd and boring to me. The equal-sided tuners are nicer and more expensive looking to me. The bridge is amazing too, I can rest my palm on the bridge to mute the strings, it feels cool and comfortable. Overall, this guitar rocks every guitar out there! Go SZ!