Dualit 72022 Cordless Jug Reviews

Other
Exterior Color: Black

“Leaking at two weeks”

written by DChadwick on 30/07/2017

Wife bought this snazzy Dualit kettle. Two weeks later it's leaking badly out of side window. Cost £40 from Amazon (web site said reduced from £80) but should've gone for a cheapy. We have a Dualit toaster that's excellent but they can't make kettles to save their life! Judging on reviews and comments on various review sites Dualit kettles should be given a wide berth. Our experience proves it!

“Faulty switches make this a no go.”

written by McPhib on 08/02/2017

I am the owner of two Dualit kettles, the on-off switch on bottle kettles are broken internally. I contacted Dualit, and was informed, companies about broken switches were not common, and therefore they would do nothing about it. For the same fault to occur on two different models, suggests either a design fault or a manufacture fault, which should be classes by Dualit as a problem. I would advise anyone to avoid Dualit until they address complaints properly and supply products that can be repaired. Expensive junk.

“only lasted just over a year”

written by NeilWilliams144 on 13/11/2016

it now leaks and something has come loose inside and rolls around when you use it

“Do Not Buy”

written by Keira253 on 05/02/2016

DO NOT BUY THIS kettle we have had ours not even a year. Inside the kettle is glass the window you can see the water line is glass. This has cracked on our kettle leaving a cup of tea full of glass. Imagine if you were making a babies bottle. So dangerous and would never buy this range again. It looks nice and boils quickly but not worth the risk of glass in your tea. When I contacted the manufacturer all they offered was a replacement no thanks would not risk it happening again.

“Dualit Jug Kettle”

written by on 13/04/2013

Really wish I had read reviews before I decided to purchase Dualit Kettle. Yes it leaks which they say is 'normal'. But, 18 months on, when we put the kettle on it knocks out the electricity in the rest of the house. Bought matching toaster at the same time which is also not working properly. I'll never buy Dualit again.

“Dualit jug kettle”

written by Joan199 on 08/04/2013

Kettle has stopped working 2 years after purchase, we are not big tea ,coffee drinkers so it was not subject to heavy use. The light was on but it no longer heated up, the element is in a sealed unit, so not replaceable. Kettle was bought to co-ordinate with toaster and coffee machine. I have contacted Dualit who do not accept that there is a problem, that they sell thousands of kettles and only have a few negative reviews. They have offered me 34% off a new kettle direct from them, free p and p. of course. This will cost £49. 16

Joan199's Response to Joan199's Review

Written on: 09/04/2013

Cont. Above . This would cost £25 yearly for use of kettle . I don't think so!

“kettle leaks 2nd one ”

written by kDeer on 20/02/2013

this kettle is so bad it leaks this is the second one as the first was replaceed as yes you guessed it it leaked spoke to Dualit no joy as out of warrenty for a kettle that now retails at £75.00 I am appalled that Dualit are still flogging them when so many people have had problems with them. Customer services at Dualit offered a 25% discount if I purchased another are they having a laugh?????? NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE

“Dualit Cordless rubbish !”

written by on 10/02/2013

Bought Dualit toaster and kettle because of the reputation, Toaster had to have new timer within 1 year and now needs 1 new element, expensive kettle has lasted 2 years and has now died, was alawys noisey, always spilt water when pouring, looking back it was rubbish! I now believe Dualit design these but they are made abroad, just an expensive rip off, never again !

“Element gone”

written by Vickersee on 22/01/2013

Our 2 year old dualit has broken. What a waste of money. My advice is buy a cheap kettle

“Dualit cordless kettle”

written by josephrad on 14/12/2012

My kettle is ten months old and it blew up this morning. I took it back with receipt to John Lewis Newcastle who refused to replace it under the guarantee. They have sent it back to Dualit saying that it is their policy. The store manager offered me a £20 kettle for £10 Which I refused. My advice is DO NOT BUY DUALIT AND DO NOT SHOP AT JOHN LEWIS. Joe Temple

“Never Again”

written by geeza23 on 06/12/2012

As the other reviewers have stated, this kettle is a disgrace. My element went open circuit after 18 months of use, rendering it as scrap. I would never buy a Dualit product again, they are living on their reputation which is diminishing fast

“3rd Dualit”

written by neilroworth on 03/12/2012

3rd kettel, Boils but does not click off boil, same fault again and again, dualit will not replace, all have been 1 year old

“Dualit Jug Kettle”

written by on 14/10/2012

We bought our very expensive Dualit kettle in April 2011 and like other reviews here, it just stopped working yesterday, exactly 18 months since we bought it. The light comes on but no heating. The kettle is still like new but the element is sealed in and cannot be replaced. Probably lasted less time than the cheapest kettle we have ever bought. I intend contacting Dualit with this website address, and arguing 'not fit for purpose', and encourage others to do the same.

Joan199's Comment

Written on: 07/04/2013

I have just experienced the same problem with my kettle it is 2 years old but only used for morning cuppas. Will be contacting Dualit tomorrow.

Tombainbridge's Comment

Written on: 28/05/2013

Same problem here. kettle is two years old and just stopped heating up water, even though the light was on. I contacted Dualit today and spoke to the customer serviced department. The manager told me that thousands of people were happy with their Dualit kettles and mine was an an unfortunate one off and then he offered me a discount on a new Dualit kettle. I didn't take up his offer, I'm not paying £50 (with the discount) on more rubbish. Once bitten and all that. Please, don't waste your money on Dualit kettles. Russell Hobbs will last you far longer and at a fraction of the cost.

“worst buy ever”

written by woody10 on 04/10/2012

I bought this kettle 18 months ago and it went bang and caused the whole house electrics to go off, took it back to Fenwicks who told me that they could not help me as I had bought it over twelve months ago. I rang Dualit and they offered me 25% of a new one but would not purchase another kettle by Dualit. I expected better quality and have now purchased a Tefal kettle which is much easier to use as there is a button which lifts the lid and i had to prise oped my Dualit kettle to fill. also it does not make a noise when boiling and does not spit hot water. If you really want to purchase this kettle buy from John Lewis as you get a two year warrenty.

“Poor product broken for the second time - AVOID”

written by on 17/07/2012

We have now just binned our second Dualit kettle in two and a half years. Light is coming on but will not boil. In hindsight if I had done my research into this product I would not have bought it based on the poor reviews it has received. Anyone reading this review should avoid this make of kettle at all costs - as experience tells me you will need a new one soon!!!!!!!

Olga Shepherdson's Comment

Written on: 19/08/2012

We also bought a Dualit kettle as we had had a Dualit Toaster for several years and THOUGHT it was a reliable make. Paid more than average for the 'name' and ours also had the same problem, light came on but would not boil. Just over a year old and Dualit would not replace it or refund as it was out of guarantee. This is obviously a problem with this kettle.

“absolute tripe”

written by on 09/07/2012

bought a kettle christmas so its barely 6 months old and the element has gone. the element is a sealed unit so cannot be relaced. although they make out they are a british company all there stuff is made in china . never again

“Poor Value”

written by SallyDaubney on 09/07/2012

Bought this kettle just over a year ago. Working fine uptil then and all of a sudden stops working. Will not boil or anything. Just out of warranty so infuriating. Considering the price paid and the Dualit name we expected a quality item. Not so. Have written to Dualit and awaiting a response.

“A SCAM. Utter rubbish and total rip off”

written by Fireland on 20/06/2012

As all the other reviews say....... 18 months, element broke, offered 40% discount to buy another one. I am fuming. May as well have burnt £80. I will NEVER buy dualit again and will go out of my way to ensure no one I know wastes their money on their products. UTTER RUBBISH AND TERRIBLE SERVICE.

“Expensive junk”

written by Clur on 13/05/2012

I bought this expensive kettle and a matching expensive toaster. I wrongly assumed it was going to be a quality piece given the considerable expense of the items. First my toaster went up the swannie just out of guarentee then the jug kettle started leaking at the plastic window and poured water into the cordless base which caused havoc with my electrics. Dulit= Over priced cheap junk . I might as well have bought a cheap bottom of the range kettle and booked a weekend away with the money id have saved. I should have read the reviews!

Clur's Response to Clur's Review

Written on: 13/05/2012

Dualitt = Over priced cheap junk !!

“Dualit kettle failed”

written by redwardo53 on 17/04/2012

It seems to be the usual story. I bought a Dualit kettle 2 years ago and the element has failed. Its a lot of money for cheap Chinese rubbish/ Will not make that mistake again, the kettle went into the bin and so did Dualit's reputation