Wilson Hyper Hammer Reviews

Wilson Hyper Hammer - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Wilson Hyper Hammer

“Best raquet ever”

written by on 25/11/2012

This is an amazing raquet, pretty light an with an excellent hitting power. Simply the best squah raquet I've ever played with.

Shawkinsjobs's Comment

Written on: 17/01/2013

Superb blend of light manouvreability, power, touch and control. If you want to volley more (i guess we all should) and you use power in your game to unsettled your opponent, this racket is a very effective instrument to deliver this. I find Prince rackets also good for power but too trampoline like for an accurate short or touch game (where 70% of the winners come from a county level). This racket can do both. Excellent.

“great power, handling, BAD factory strings”

written by eskimobazooka on 23/08/2012

I'm no pro, but i do serve hard and hit back serves like a baseball... strings broke on THIRD game, gonna try better strings... have a h hammer 120, strings fine, used 30+ games... great if you get wrist pain when you play! very good power, serves and hitbacks scoreeee) i'm 1m80 73kg

“For those complaining about the racket breaking, the...”

written by on 03/12/2010

For those complaining about the racket breaking, the simple solution stop hitting the walls. Great racket - have the 110. More power, more control, more feel... improved my game overnight. Previous racket was a Prince Exo Rebel (their top of the line) the Hammer 110 with cheap factory string bets it hands down... can not wait to break strings so I can justify replacing them with Ashaway Supernick XL Mirco, but the that racket with cheap factory is still the bomb. The 110gms is fanastic as it so light it requires less time to swing, meaning more time to get in the proper postion. So light that is accelerates faster and we all know speed = power. And this also allows you to return those out of position back wall and nick shots you would not normally get. My last word on this rack is "MASSIVE".

“the hyper hammer is a brilliant racquet which lasts a...”

written by on 28/11/2009

the hyper hammer is a brilliant racquet which lasts a long time, has brilliant control over the ball and can be used by anybody. It can also be used as a present to a keen squash player like me (I had one for christmas) and will be just as good as anything else. It has control like no other raquet I have ever used before and still works lke a charm after a couple of years. A good place to get them is any big sportsware shop and some will even put them halfprice for example intersport is selling them for just 50 pounds!!! Using a good raquet like the hyper hammer makes it much easier to hit the ball unlike lots of other makes like prince. Most shops will sell it at 100 pounds but may put it special offer if it is a special occasion.

“I've used a Wilson Hyper Hammer for about 2.5 years....”

written by on 15/05/2009

I've used a Wilson Hyper Hammer for about 2.5 years. Picked it as I used to suffer badly from tennis elbow, and this was the lightest on the market. Its proved to be a good racket, nice sweetspot etc . Playing tonight, my strings broke and my opponent lent me his spare, it felt like I was wielding a saucepan in comparison, and I immediately felt my elbow starting to hurt (though I still beat him, hah!). I'm not a very hard hitter, and I can't remember the last time I broke strings on my previous rackets - usually I scrunch the racket first, and this is the second time they've snapped. Although this also indicates the frame is robust to the occasional prang against the walls. Highly recommend.

“Most powerful racket on the market. ”

written by on 29/12/2008

Most powerful racket on the market.
Volley control is simply sublime due to huge sweet spot.
The combination of softer stringing and very rigid frame with large string movement is unmatched elsewhere.
Amazing racket-just buy it.

“I have four Hyper Hammer 110s. The best racket I have...”

written by on 26/11/2008

I have four Hyper Hammer 110s. The best racket I have played. I play a lot (5 times a week) and no breakages after three months. Except strings that seem not to be of best quality. Strong buy. Just 80 ' £/2 rackets from pdhsports. The Wilson hyper hammer squash racket is a very good racket but i think the stings are made with poor quality.

“My game game improved over night great suprize thnx to...”

written by JZP on 04/11/2008

My game game improved over night great suprize thnx to Wilson(Worlds best racquet. Have used many top racquets in the last year from Boblats to Head top brand and when I tried the Hyper Hammer I was so suprised blew evrything else away worlds best racquet hands down.

“Wouldn't bother with a Wilson in future. My Wilson...”

written by on 14/09/2008

Wouldn't bother with a Wilson in future. My Wilson Hyper Hammer broke after only 4 months or normal play. Clearly not unbreakable.

“I cannot get enough of playing with my Wilson Hyper...”

written by mdhfand on 18/08/2008

I cannot get enough of playing with my Wilson Hyper Hammer 120. Easily the best racquet I have played with. I read the above review before I bought and was concerned that it might be brittle but I have two now and have not come anywhere near breaking one.

“The hyper hammer 120 only for very, very good players...”

written by robwarby on 15/04/2008

The hyper hammer 120 only for very, very good players who manage to avoid cracking the wall or be prepared to constantly be replacing. Would love to know if the next generation ncode 120's are any stronger?

“I can not recommend this racket enough. Buy it.”

written by dake2505 on 11/04/2008

I can not recommend this racket enough. Buy it.

“In order to add power, a new string would required and...”

written by awallu1 on 02/04/2008

In order to add power, a new string would required and would have to get strung at competition level.

Certainly better better rackets out there !

“I love this racket - the Wilson Hyper Hammer is a...”

written by on 31/03/2008

I love this racket - the Wilson Hyper Hammer is a very good price on the internet so its tendency to break isn't too much of a problem.

“I love this racket-a good look round online will pick...”

written by apuk on 03/08/2007

I love this racket-a good look round online will pick up one of these for well under £40 now, in fact sports direct/sports soccer have them in store for 35.99, a bargain- the racket itself delivers unrivaled power with a balance and control that feels fantastic- it does feel like its brittle, but i guess at £40 or less, i could buy 3 a year and not feel over spent...i love it.

“I couldn't agree more with the previous review. My...”

written by sakram on 16/01/2007

I couldn't agree more with the previous review. My Wilson Hammer broke after three months of play. Not something I would recommend to somebody who looking for a durability in his racket.

“I have now had 6 of the Wilson Hyper Hammer racquets,...”

written by Clarinet5v on 23/09/2005

I have now had 6 of the Wilson Hyper Hammer racquets, as being a hard hitting player I really enjoyed the feel of the this racquet, after trying out a fellow players racquet at my club. The frustration with it is simply that it is not strong enough and breaks very easily indeed. I wonder if at 120 it is so light that they compromises on the stength. The racquet is one of the best power, touch and feeling racquets I have ever played with and has power far in excess of any other racquet I have had, and I have had a load. The only thing is to be with this racquet for a long time you will need to have a big wallet and will probably find that a newer more up to date version will be out before you can build up a partnership with the this one.

249386_Roccovz's Response to Clarinet5v's Review

Written on: 30/06/2006

I bought a hammer today, great feel & balance. Just praying it is tougher than you said. Rocco - South Africa