St James Park, Newcastle Reviews

• Stadium Design

• Refreshments

St James Park, Newcastle - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for St James Park, Newcastle

“jgfh hjhff hfhf gzugz g ftzftftzftzftf tzf z ftzf ztf...”

written by on 25/10/2012

jgfh hjhff hfhf gzugz g ftzftftzftzftf tzf z ftzf ztf zt ftzftz

“St James Park is a fantastic ground becuase it has...”

written by on 25/06/2010

St James Park is a fantastic ground becuase it has presence. It towers over the city and is almost akin to that of a church in its symbolic status. The rubbish I've read about a poor atmosphere couldn't be further from the truth. WITHOUT doubt when the toon army is fired up during a game the geordie roar is deafening and is the loudest I've ever heard. Away fans complain about the stairs they have to climb to get to level 7, but in a 53,000 seater stadium with some of the most loyal fans in the world you get what you're given I'm afraid. In appearance it's towering stature makes it look impressive, and yes it could and eventually (who knows when) will be expanded to give it a more symmetrical look, with the gallowgate end being expanded. Can't fault the refreshment side of things at all and the club shop is excellent. Overall an awesome stadium that easily makes the top three in the premiership.

“St James Park is a great experience for all Newcastle...”

written by on 10/06/2009

St James Park is a great experience for all Newcastle fans. Great atmosphere. Great stadium.

“St James Park is one of the greateest grounds I've...”

written by petecoates on 14/05/2009

St James Park is one of the greateest grounds I've been to (albeit biased as a Newcastle fan).

Level 7 is a bit of a height and as Away fans you will find tourself up there. you don't get as much of the noise and atmosphere from up there due to the uneven stands. There is always a lot of noise down at the lower tiers but this reverberates around that area and doesn't seem to make it all the way up there.

The uneven stands do make it look a little strange, I suppose, but this is due to the fact that there is a listed building behind the East stand (running down the side of the pitch opposite the dugouts/tunnel) making it the smallest stand at the ground. there were plans to re-locate St James' many years ago, but I think the fact NUFC have built a 53,000 capacity stadium within the restrictions that have faced them (roads/listed buildings), and the fact that it is bang in the middle of the city centre, gives it a lot of character.

When empty, I think the grey seats do make it look a little dull though!

“i love newcastle football grounds and have been on the...”

written by on 22/01/2009

i love newcastle football grounds and have been on the tour sevral times

“One of the best stadiums in Britain, arguably in the...”

written by on 31/05/2008

One of the best stadiums in Britain, arguably in the best location of any ground in Britain. 10/10

“Once the other two stands are extended it will be the...”

written by jameswheeler12 on 01/08/2007

Once the other two stands are extended it will be the best.

“Only Newcastle fans could love this ground and their...”

written by jboy on 27/07/2007

Only Newcastle fans could love this ground and their supporters. It's a death defying climb to your seat, the ground is stark and cold and the locals are little better. There is little singing from the home support and walks from the stadium are always met with some comment from geordies who find their balls when they've got the numbers behind them. I don't swallow this patronising myth that they are the best fans in the world. They are second worst after Liverpool.

“Great stadium, shame about the uneven stands. It has...”

written by an on 18/10/2006

Great stadium, shame about the uneven stands. It has the potential to be the best club ground in country. To the man who said that Ibrox was better I can only assume he was in high spirits when he was at the stadium, as living in Scotland myself I have visited Ibrox many times and I can say that it is a poor mans Highbury.

“St James' Park is a wonderful sight right in the...”

written by davelouden on 28/02/2006

St James' Park is a wonderful sight right in the middle of the city. Easily accessible via Metro train or cab, plenty of bars around home fans very friendly, good away fans pub right next to ground and a great atmosphere

“As a Newcastle Utd fan I visit St James Park a lot, I...”

written by st james is my church on 24/06/2005

As a Newcastle Utd fan I visit St James Park a lot, I dont sit all the way up were the away fans do so my view is better and the food in the home stands is as good as any in the premiership. The atmosphere when walking up to the stadium is electric, the ground is also easy to find as it is well sign posted.

“As a Rangers supporter I was drawn to Souness's new...”

written by davedon on 10/04/2005

As a Rangers supporter I was drawn to Souness's new stamping ground and visited when passing.

not as good as Ibrox - but good. enjoyed the game.

“Went to St James Park in October to see Manchester...”

written by chrisw on 23/12/2004

Went to St James Park in October to see Manchester City vs Newcastle in the Premiership. The Stadium is probably one of the nicest in the premiership. At the minute it looks like they have increased the capacity of two stands, but not quite got around to the other yet. This makes the ground look a bit odd, but I'm sure they have plans to change this. The game was great, the result not as good, I expected the Newcastle fans to be a bit louder, they were very quiet. The City fans sung their hearts out, not that you could hear us as we were stuck right at the top in the corner, what seemed like a mile from pitch level. Sky TV, Bars and food available in the lobby which was good. Had to walk about 50 flights of stairs to reach the top level, which was tiring and by that point I needed a beer! good ploy by Newcastle United maybe? Overall a great stadium, a great day, but a bad result.

“Visiting Saint James's Park has been a highlight of my...”

written by Chris999 on 18/10/2004

Visiting Saint James's Park has been a highlight of my summer.
The size is amazing and the scenery. The second largest stadium in the premiership at 52,000, could it be more? The club shop sells quality items at low prices. The staff are polite and the fans are really passionate about their team. It was worth the trip all the way from Northamptonshire, Saint James' park what a ground!

“My team West Bromwich Albion played Newcastle a couple...”

written by Mishmob on 06/10/2004

My team West Bromwich Albion played Newcastle a couple of weeks ago, and me and my boyfriend flew up by helicopter as a treat. When we got to the ground, there are signs telling you where to go and the ground is massive! It's so tall. I went into the club shop, and it's much better than my clubs club shop. It's huge and sells a variety of stuff. The worst thing about the ground is all the steps you have to walk up - there are about 140 steps and they kill you. I then had to walk up another 15 steep steps to get to my seat, sat right at the back! The view is awesome - I have never seen a view like it in my life. The trouble is, the players just look like little ants! The stadium inside does look a bit daft, because one side is massive, the others are all symmetrical. The stewards are nice - they help you out. The atmosphere from the Newcastle fans isn't that good - they don't sing that much.