Malika Oufkir, Stolen Lives: Twenty Years in a Desert Jail Reviews

Media Gallery for Malika Oufkir, Stolen Lives: Twenty Years in a Desert Jail

Malika Oufkir, Stolen Lives: Twenty Years in a Desert Jail

“This has to be the BEST book I have ever read. I was...”

written by on 18/04/2010

This has to be the BEST book I have ever read. I was haunted by the content, disgusted that we have such barbaric events happening in a supposed civil world. I read the book some 10 years ago and have read it several times now. No other book comes close to compare for human interest. I think about this family very much and how they endured what they did. I know it would test any person's resilience and I am in absolute awe at how they managed to survive.

“Malika Oufkir's "Stolen Lives: Twenty Years in a...”

written by on 03/03/2009

Malika Oufkir's "Stolen Lives: Twenty Years in a Desert Jail" was possibly the most boring book i have every read, and i truly enjoy and love to read.
Not interesting at all.

“My wife had been trying to encourage me to read Malika...”

written by rmgrandb on 09/12/2007

My wife had been trying to encourage me to read Malika Oufkir, Stolen Lives: Twenty Years in a Desert Jail for a while in order to keep up with my French so I finally picked-up the original book La Prisonniere this weekend and could not put it down.

Malika and her family epitomize human courage and strength. The book was inspirational.

At times, I wept.

☆☆☆☆☆

“I am a dude who is reluctantly reading this trash. I...”

written by Tomba181 on 20/04/2005

I am a dude who is reluctantly reading this trash. I was forced to read this book for an Advanced Language Arts Class. Me and the other 3 students here are writing this review to warn other students to never, ever, in your life read this book. A complete waste of like 6 hours of my life. And right now I am in the library writing a report on it and I found this site and just had to write this review.

“Oh my!!! There are know words to describe the emotions...”

written by leslie6 on 22/04/2004

Oh my!!! There are know words to describe the emotions I felt throughout Malika Oufkir's entire book. Stolen Lives is one of the most heartfelt books I've read. Heroics will to live and thank god for imagination. This story goes beyond belief I admire the courage of Ms. Oufkir to relieve this hellish nightmare. Just something else to make you go wow!! Makes you appreciate the little things in life we take for granted.

“The book Stolen lives was a great book. it showed all...”

written by Flick. on 15/05/2003

The book Stolen lives was a great book. it showed all the tragic parts of life. It also showed the fun parts. It portrais the feeling that you have to give and have a little bit of love in your life. I recommed poeple 15 years and over to read it. it may have been a long book to read but it was worth it.

“I loved the way that Stolen Lives was put together and...”

written by shorty. on 17/03/2003

I loved the way that Stolen Lives was put together and that a family like that can live in captivity that long. I think that its unfair the way that they were treated. They should have had a fair tril. I would love to meat Malika or someone from her family, to hear the whole thing and to actually see what is was like in there. I love this book and i recomend everyone to read this book. It will amaze you like nothing else would. I love this book and read it, it will be the best book that you will read in the year 2003.

“I' have finished reading the book by Malika Oufkir,...”

written by oufkir. on 30/01/2003

I' have finished reading the book by Malika Oufkir, stolen lives...20 years in a desert jail. Although no literary masterpiece and making no overtures to want to be, it is the harrowing story of people jailed in the middle of the desert and surviving. As a black South African i though i was used to hearing and listening about friends dying in jail, being jailed, being kept under house arrest for years without end, solitary confinement that it gets "easier" after a time. The fact that it doesn't happen in South-Africa any more, must not make us less vigilant and desensitised to what is happening in the rest of the world. I am so engrossed in the Moroccan history now that i wish to find out more about who General Oufkir was (responsible directly for his family's demise) and stumbled upon a book that will explain the coup on king Hassan II, the spy wore silk. Please read malika oufkir's book