Shrigley Hall, Cheshire Reviews

• Venue

• Food

Shrigley Hall, Cheshire - Ask a question now

“POOR WEDDING SERVICE!!”

Written on: 21/11/2017 by LWells89 (1 review written)

I'll start with the day I chose Shrigley Hall as our wedding venue. On first look around the hotel eighteen months prior to the day, I was taken aback with the stunning buildings and beautiful surroundings (this is what I have rated the 1 star for) and decided it would be the perfect look for our wedding day! I spent the next year and a half liaising with our designated wedding planner who was supposed to oversee all our plans and make sure everything ran smoothly. Unfortunately for us this did… Read Full Review

“CTI Golf and Spa Day ”

Written on: 10/07/2017 by 3MelQuinn (1 review written)

CTI held their annual client golf and spa day at Shrigley Hall again this year following the fantastic service we received in 2016. He organised the event to perfection and we had very happy golfers despite the challenges of the course! Dinner in the Woodford was delightful and the team served up a beautiful 3 course meal. He has built a great team at Shrigley Hall and our event goes from strength to strength with their help. Thank you… Read Full Review

“A stylish hotel in a wonderful setting”

Written on: 29/08/2012

The hotel is a great example of the conversion of a historic hall into a wonderful hotel.The service standards are exceptional, friendly warm and welcoming both at reception and in the dining room.Try to book a room at the front of the hotel as the views are spectacular.For golfers the course is quite a challenging one,hilly and difficult in parts.The indoor pool and spa are worth a visit if only to see how an old church can be converted for such use!! Try to speak to the Events Manager, who… Read Full Review

“We had our Civil partnership at Shrigley Hall and had...”

Written on: 30/11/2010

We had our Civil partnership at Shrigley Hall and had the most fantastic day. The food was amazing and everyone in our wedding party complemented the food and the venue. The staff were very helpful and made the day go very smooth. We will be returning to the Hotel at some point as we really enjoyed our long weekend. The grounds of the hotel are amazing and a very good photograph opertunity, I read quite a few negative reviews of the hotel, but I did not see any fault at all. A day that will be… Read Full Review

“ ”

Written on: 08/05/2010

When we came to look at Shrigly Hall with a view to holding our daughters civil wedding there, we were impressed by the beautiful views and grounds.

On her actual wedding day itself, the ceremony, meal and evening function exceeded our expectations. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. They were very friendly, helpful and gave over 100% service especially John

We were made to feel at our ease from the moment we arrived and find it hard to understand some of the poorer reviews… Read Full Review

“My partner and I wanted to book a weekend break to...”

Written on: 19/03/2009 by cosmicp (1 review written)

My partner and I wanted to book a weekend break to celebrate our recent anniversary in style. We thought we had found the perfect solution when we found the Barcelo website and the hotel that we eventually chose. Everything about the hotel on the website looked fantastic and we thought that we were going to have a ' stress-free ' , romantic and relaxing stay there. During the booking process the lady on the telephone was specifically informed that our stay was for a special occasion. This was… Read Full Review

“Firstly, it is my sisters wedding day I am talking...”

Written on: 30/06/2007 by LynnC (1 review written)

Firstly, it is my sisters wedding day I am talking about, although even 7 years ago for mine also at Shrigley Hall in Cheshire, the reception staff were dreadful, having misbooked hotel rooms, put the parents of the bride in a very dilapidated room overlooking the car park, and charged myself and my new husband for the entire wedding (incorrectly) when we tried to check out the morning after the wedding.
But to talk about this April's fiasco - The main issue was that as my sister had booked… Read Full Review

“Shrigley Hall is a stately home set in a beautiful...”

Written on: 10/11/2005 by SayHelloToTheAngels (37 reviews written)

Shrigley Hall is a stately home set in a beautiful location in Cheshire. I stayed there a while back with my husband, and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The golf course is lovely. There are great spa facilities, and a bar and a restaurant. The service was attentive. The meal we had was lovely, and the grounds were just what you'd expect.

While I felt our bedroom was a bit dilapidated, I've found that to be the case in many similar hotels. It was, at the very least, clean and… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Viewed Shrigley Hall and liked it, apart from it being...”

Written on: 22/06/2004 by Claire Norris (1 review written)

Viewed Shrigley Hall and liked it, apart from it being rather scruffy. At the end of my tether trying to find a venue after having to cancel Peckforton Castle (see other review), so decided it would have to do. They do not offer tasting sessions for either food or wine so we decided to book a meal in the restaurant the following week before confirming the booking.

What can I say.... It was one of the WORST meals we have ever had the misfortune of being served. 4 of us attended and all… Read Full Review

Spook's Response to Claire Norris's Review

Written on: 23/06/2004

I have to marvel at this review. A very close friend of mine had her wedding at Shrigley Hall in 2002. She had an easy time in the planning, everything was lovely and the food for the wedding breakfast was exactly what we would have expected from such a place. There were no complaints from anyone on the day, it tasted lovely, and the portions were so generous it looked like I had barely touched my plate even after I had filled up. As the hotel had a cancellation, they even upgraded the room for the reception for free. The evening buffet was more than generous as well.
<br>
<br>Furthermore, in case anyone was interested in the standard, Gail Porter and that bloke out of Toploader had been married there the day before.
<br>
<br>The only real complaints we had was our room was pretty run-down and in desperate need of refurbishment and because of where we were located, we could hear piano music coming from the bar until 3am and then again from 8am. The wedding itself was fantastic, however, and the service seemed to be of a very high standard. I know my friend and her husband had no complaints whatsoever.

354386_Jrport's Response to Claire Norris's Review

Written on: 26/03/2008

It has always been a dream of mine to get married at shrigley hall! as a business man he was unsure after hearing a few comments!! but he finally agreed as he said its my day!! but reading these reviews there is absolutely no chance i will spend all that money for my day to be ruined!! i feel for the couples whose day was ruined!! i couldn't think of anything worse!! but i'd like 2 thankyou for making me realise that the most expensive n beautiful places aren't always the best!! thankyou!!

Claire Norris's Response to Claire Norris's Review

Written on: 25/06/2004

Lucky them. I can only assume the kitchen staff have since changed.

Read 3 Comments