Vue Reviews

• Choice Of Films

• Refreshments

Summary

Vue cinemas are located all over the UK, in cities including York, Swansea, Aberdeen, Oxford, Norwich, Inverness, Oxford, and many more. If you're planning on watching one of the latest movies there, check what other cinema goers thought of the Vue cinema in your area.

Why not write a review of cinemas you've been too with information about screens, prices, customer service, facilities and anything else you think is important and help others choose the best cinema.

Vue - Ask a question now

“Staines Vue = zero stars”

Written on: 23/01/2022 by qiClarke412 (1 review written)

Let us into screen late due to cleaning, missed 5-10mins of film. Poor numbering of seat rows made it impossible to find correct seats in the now dark cinema - disrupted viewing for another 5 mins from mobile phone lights etc. Touchscreen food ordering gave no warning booking ref needed at collection. Staff attitude (including manager rude and ridiculous) - missed another 5-10 mins of film. Online complaint response was 'should have spoken to the manager during visit) - we did, a very immature teenager. Company clearly has no interest in customer services.

“ queing for tickets ”

Written on: 24/01/2018 by Dudleygw371 (1 review written)

why do we have to que for tickets behind people buying buckets full of junk food. This should be on a separate counter.Some people already have their tickets!

“WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER !!! EVEN CONTACTED CEO OFFICE”

Written on: 07/09/2017 by Beckyl1978 (1 review written)

This company has the worst customer service ever,I had a gift card with £50 on it,was aware that I would not use within the 12 month period so took it into the gunwharf cinema and asked to check the balance this is meant to reset for a further 12 months,as this is nearing I decided to take the kids on the last day of the summer holidays,get there to be told that it's expired !! Challenge this with the store manager who tells me best to call customer service,what a joke that was they have no concept of customer service at all,there answer to everything is that's the terms and conditions !! What a joke ,daylight robbery...I asked them if they would consider doing something as a gesture of goodwill and to keep good customer relations !!, still computer says no !! Bearing in mind they have had the £50 so wasn't like I was expecting something for nothing...contacted ceo office and even they don't care !!! Absolutely shocking will never ever use this awful company again and will make sure I tell everyone about how appalling they are... Can you believe the best of it is,there were 10 people in the cinema so how hard would it have been to let us in free and say that's £25 of the £50. !!! Rather have empty seats than offer good customer service !!! Again bearing in mind they've had the £50 !!, they should be ashamed !!!!

“A weekend at the cinema”

Written on: 02/03/2017 by Caldwell244 (1 review written)

On Saturday we went to the Plymouth vue cinema and tried to work out what films to see. There was nobody at the ticket desk (I think you have to queue up on the sweet counter) so I wondered around looking for a flyer or anything to decide which film to watch.I couldn't find any so we ended up watching Patriot's day.We booked through the machine and went to the drinks counter.Very pleasant staff,Very expensive food. On Sunday we went back to the cinema to watch Star Wars (Ticket counter still not open). My overall opinion is that the vue is very clean,understaffed and expensive.unfortunately it is the only cinema around

“online ticket booking”

Written on: 30/12/2016 by crocket111 (1 review written)

ticket booking system useless, every time we try to book tickets it asks you to reset password and then says it has failed to go through. but when u check it again the seats you have booked are gone. Last time we tried to book again they charged us twice for the same seats. wont be using vue cinema again

“Ripp Off”

Written on: 28/11/2016 by Gavync190 (1 review written)

Your vue cinemas are rip off for money. Its double the price in tickets and stuff to eat than the Odean Cinemas. Its day light robbery. Its dirty. Im shocked that there is no consumer watchdog to watch over exorbitant prices that are charged by vue cinemas!!!

“Overpriced”

Written on: 02/10/2016 by nasirjones (2 reviews written)

Really bad experiences that last few times I've been to various Vue cinemas. Always expensive, always poor service from staff. Last time they were projecting the wrong movie for first 10 mins!

“Fantastic customer service”

Written on: 25/07/2016 by 153Conley (1 review written)

I had a issue with the date of the booking within a 5 minute call they refunded the cost so I can rebook a later date. very impressed thanks vue.

“Absolutely Fabulous ”

Written on: 03/07/2016 by Parsonsod1989 (1 review written)

First time booking online everything went smoothly. Collected tickets from the machine in Cardiff. Seats so comfortable. Thoroughly enjoyed "Absolutely Fabulous" so funny. £4.00 worth every penny. A happy customer.

“Worst cinema in Britain ”

Written on: 04/05/2016 by William136 (1 review written)

Rubbing customer service.still in the queue to get served for drinks and we have been waiting 20 minutes. Bad queue management. Complete chaos. Avoid this place at all costs. North Finchley Vue.

“Rip off phone calls”

Written on: 15/11/2015 by Ortegaqm166 (1 review written)

Having tried to book tickets to the cinema at Accrington I am absolutely appalled by the rip off phone system. 13 p a minute is criminal enough but when it takes 30 minutes to book the actual tickets. An absolute disgrace and I will not be bothering again !!

“Customer services were brilliant”

Written on: 04/11/2015 by Hayles000 (1 review written)

Booked online but selected the wrong time in error. Didn't notice until the payment had gone through so called customer services. They immediately refunded the money and booked the correct time with no hassle. They even honoured a voucher code that I'd used and transferred it all across to the correct time. Overall, very impressed!

“Reminds me why I don't go to cinema very often!”

Written on: 01/11/2015 by Jules1979 (9 reviews written)

Went to watch Spectre yesterday with my boyfriend, the last time we went to pictures was to see Skyfall so it's not something we do often and with fairly good reason really. It cost almost £18 for two of us to get in which is pricey to say the least, we choose to see the 4K version at 13.15 which is supposed to be like some kind of super high definition - the film did not appear to be above standard definition so I was glad the 4k versions didn't cost extra to watch or i'd have been complaining! We went in just before the 13.15 start time only to be bombarded by adverts and numerous film trailers for a good 40 minutes!This is not acceptable and in future I will ignore the start time and come in at least 20 mins after because it seriously started to wind me up! Then you get the announcement that tells you the film is about to begin, you breathe a sigh of relief only to then have to sit through an advert for Vue, an advert for Dolby Surround and an advert for Sony!! The other thing that annoyed me was the high volume of the trailers and adverts - it was uncomfortable on my ears after 40 or so minutes of noise blasting at me. The beginning of the film was quite noisy too but thankfully quietened down. The other problem we notice every time we go in to Vue is the squeaking chairs, constant squeaks every time certain people moved slightly. Enjoyed the film a lot but it was a long film so again could have done with out the 40 minutes of silly adverts and trailers before hand! It's not like at home where you can pause things and get up for a leg stretch etc. The temperature was a bit cold in there too, had to put my coat back on halfway through the film. I cannot understand why tons of people complain about the food in there yet stupidly buy it! They won't reduce the prices while people are willing to pay them! We never buy a thing in there, we personally can sit for a few hours without needing to eat and drink! That's another annoying element because they sell cold drinks in cups that look to hold 1.5 to 2 pints of pop! Taking into account all the adverts the idiots who buy the super sized drinks have had to sit through they inevitably start getting up for a pee during the film! Why drink like a fish during the film and then start annoying everybody and missing ten minutes of your expensive film by going to the loo! Our Vue has a stand near the screening rooms selling alcohol and snacks but don't bother with it as it's airline prices! £3.70 for a can of Carling! We unfortunately don't have any other cinema where we live so once in while when we really want to see a film on a big screen we have to go to Vue.

“INCOMPETENT!!!!!!!”

Written on: 31/10/2015 by thedowsons (1 review written)

HAD TO WAIT OVER 20 MINS TO COLLECT TICKETS (PRE BOOKED) SALES ASSISTANT SAID IT WAS NECESSARY TO TAKE MY BANK CARD TO CONFIRM I HAD PAID FOR TICKETS. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE MY BANK CARD OFF ME, VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. ALSO PAID FOR FOOD, WASN'T READY SO WAS TOLD SOMEONE WOULD BRING IT INTO CINEMA - 90MINS LATER STILL NO FOOD! WAS PROMISED REFUND BUT MANAGER HAD MAGICALLY VANISHED BY THE END OF THE FILM WON'T BE COMING BACK ANY TIME SOON!

“On line purchase”

Written on: 27/10/2015 by Kadenv467 (1 review written)

Booked the wrong date by error and a immediately called the help line (why can't you cancel on line?). I was told the tickets were "non refundable " which is poor business practice. I would also like to check the legality of this.... I demanded a refund and eventually got one. My message to Vue. Take a look at the customer reviews for your company. They are terrible, and a disgrace. I will not use a Vue again based on my treatment. Don't screw around with your customers!

“3d glasses”

Written on: 16/06/2015 by wldlikeananswerbk2015 (1 review written)

Went to the vue in Hamilton to watch a film on 3d . Actually had to pay for 3d glasses for everyone. It's a complete joke that people are having to pay for them . It's hard enough for single parents and people on low incomes taking there kids without being ripped off eny more . A think everyone should complain about it because it's just a complete rip off , people pay enough to see the film without the extras of paying for 3d glasses

“Unhappy experience”

Written on: 28/03/2015 by Jordan94 (1 review written)

We went to The Vue Cinema in Croydon: bought tickets and then decided to get some food. Big mistake. The Tacos with dips were disgusting. The cheese did not taste anything like cheese and had the consistency of baby food. The salsa dip was watered down and therefore didn't taste like a salsa Dip. Staff member doing the food was surly and unhelpful; ignored any complaints and then had the audacity to ask if we wanted to pay 50p extra for a larger drink! The sweets on offer were seriously over priced and can only assume they've done that to compensate for lack of customers! Will not be returning. Customer service skills = 0.

“ ”

Written on: 21/02/2015 by KoleO'Donnell (1 review written)

My daughter went to the cinema during half term. They bought tickets for a 15 film without being asked for ID. When they went to find the correct cinema hall, they were stopped and asked for ID. My daughter and her friends did not as they hadn't thought they would need it. They were then refused entry and told to buy another ticket to see a PG Or 12 film. The cinema isn't a cheap trip out - by the time you've paid for bus fares,cinema tickets and overpriced unhealthy snacks, there isn't a lot of change from £20 so to be refused after you've bought the ticket is diabolical.

“Disgusting treatment followed by lies”

Written on: 04/02/2015 by cts180 (1 review written)

While in England recently, to nurse my sick mother, I took her to see a movie as a little outing after having been in hospital throughout the entire Christmas holidays. As she is now in a wheelchair we took a taxi there with the intention of taking a taxi home after.After the movie, I asked at the counter for a taxi to eb called, I was told they had no pay phones, I then asked if they could call em one, they said no but if I went to the restaurant next door and "asked nicely" maybe they would call one for me! the end result being I could not get a taxi on a bitterly cold evening, the one blanket we had could not keep her head and legs warm at same time. A cold or chest infection could be fatal for my mother who is 83 and has cancer.WE had to walk to a bus stop and get home. the next day I found a number for vue cinemas and asked to speak to a manager, after several times saying no I did not want to tell the person answering the phone what the problem was, I was eventually put through to a manager, who sounded about 15.His initial reaction to my story as to ask if I had a mobile phone!!! would I have asked for a taxi to be called if I had and taken my mother home by bus??? I then had to assume it was OK then for the actions of the employer, he eventually conceded it was inconvenient, I pointed that wasn't the case, it was potentially very dangerous for my mother's health. He assured me he would call back, to this day I have not heard from him. I am now back in Canada but still very angry so am now in contact with head office. Yesterday I heard back that the cctv has been looked at ( time for that bit not to call a taxi) and the employee remembers talking to me, apparently she was serving a customer and I asked for a taxi to be called she said she woudl call one but would serve said customer first, and also if I couldn't wait to go next door. Every single word is a total lie and does not even make any sense. there was no customer, there was no offer to get a taxi, why would I be so angry had there been? Why would I fly from Canada to take care of my mother and then put her life in jeopardy by taking her out in the cold by choice!!! Disgusting that someone is lying to cover their own back, shame on you, I will be taking this further until the truth is out and there is a proper apology to my dear precious mother

“Never VUE anymore”

Written on: 09/01/2015 by Hortonlz456 (1 review written)

I went to see Pinguins of Madagascar with my daughter in VUE Leicester Square. The worst customer service ever. They were rude and useless. Completly crazy expensive: Tastyless hotdog + water £8.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dirty and old cinema. Small screen. More than 10 minutes of publicity before thd movie. Never ever going back there. Someone must close that place.

Asked by Oscarstoke on 30th May 2016 Report this content
How much are the pick and mix? As one of the attendants at the Vue Newcastle under Lyme whispered to the other the price which turned out to be £5.

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Asked by Siana on 18th February 2014 Report this content
I have a £10 vue voucher, can I use it to pay for a 2 for 1 ticket on orange Wednesday?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site