Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840 Reviews

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840

“Bought the Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840 in 2005 and...”

written by on 25/02/2009

Bought the Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840 in 2005 and still working with most of the today's software. (autocad, photoshop and game such as Doom 3, civ 4...)
Very good computer...

“I've had this Fujitsu Siemens Amilo laptop from brand...”

written by coops309 on 04/11/2008

I've had this Fujitsu Siemens Amilo laptop from brand new and it's never worked properly EVER!
Customer sevice is shocking, they just feed you with a load of rubbish if you ever manage to get through!
I'll never spend another penny with this company again.

“Quite powerful =Unreal tournament, Farcry, Quake 3,...”

written by on 30/09/2008

Quite powerful =>Unreal tournament, Farcry, Quake 3, Doom 3 working well, AutoCad, Photoshop... all working well

I have this Laptop since Oct 2005 and I traveled into Equatorial areas and no problems....
Very happy with it.... well recommend Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840.

“Great design, extremely powerful. Very, very, VERY...”

written by CarlNygren on 06/07/2008

Great design, extremely powerful. Very, very, VERY speedy under Windows XP. Also a great Vista notebook. Decent battery.
Speedy DVD burner.

Good screen. Wonderful keyboard.
Very powerful cooling system with heatpipes.

Another fine product from Fujitsu Siemens!

A great buy to a great price.
Very powerful, handles any game you throw at it.

Also a lot better than AMD. The Pentium4 kicks the Celeron's in my opinion!

“Just a bit of advice to those having problems with the...”

written by dlaminmm on 15/06/2008

Just a bit of advice to those having problems with the high level of heat on the Amilo D1840 - from own experience my HHD crashed once and that was a warning and I shop around for something to cool it and I found a Note Book Cooler and now I 'm running Vista 24/7 with no heat problem.
Amilo is super, just like any machine you need to take care of it...

“I would recommend to NOT buy one. Even a cheap second...”

written by on 06/01/2008

I would recommend to NOT buy one. Even a cheap second hand one will break.
Mine was nicknamed "the rat" because it made such a loud spinning noise.

“No wireless and blue tooth,heat is burning laptop skin.”

written by fawazanas on 03/11/2007

No wireless and blue tooth,heat is burning laptop skin.

“I don't understand why folks on this Review Centre...”

written by Martindk on 27/09/2006

I don't understand why folks on this Review Centre thread say so many bad things about the Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840 laptop!?

I will say, the machine is very fast. I can play every game, and I have never had it crash yet. The machine is strong and never crashes!!

Hmm. OK... The Heat problem... I don't know. My Fujitsu Siemens D1840 may be a little warm, but I have had no problems with too much heat! I have a owned the computer for about 2 years, and there have been no problems at all. Maybe I am lucky, but I don't think so... The Machine is OK, and I use it every day.

“I with Fujitsu Siemens would do something about the...”

written by JONAHTAN on 23/07/2006

I with Fujitsu Siemens would do something about the Amilo D1840 laptop and call all the owners of this laptop to advise them of how to cool it down. Despite the good speed capacity and graphics, this laptop generates far too much heat!

“Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840, the best laptop I ever...”

written by ikon74 on 11/06/2006

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840, the best laptop I ever owned, it just needs a bit of care. Top quality, top specs and it all works well.

“My Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840 must be by far the...”

written by titan101 on 07/04/2006

My Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840 must be by far the worst laptop ever produced by any company. It's been on repair 4 times last year, all related to heat-problems.They have switched the motherboard twice, Hdd, Screen, powersupply for screen. It gets so hot on its left side that I barely can have my hand on it, even if it's just on, with no application running except OS. This laptop must be constructed wrong, there seems to be to little cooling. I also have a HP laptop, with even stronger cpu, better graphics, a more powerful computer, and it has NEVER come close to the heat of the Fujitsu. The HP has 3 fans, each one twice the size of the Fujitsu's 2 fans.Ther you do Fujitsu, LEARN FROM HP...

“- First of all, and the most important thing is, I...”

written by Alme142 on 28/03/2006

- First of all, and the most important thing is, I have given my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840 laptop under guarantee to the service two months ago, still waiting for some parts. I asked for laptop replacement, they told me they'll contact me, it has been two weeks, nobody contacted me. Each time I call them, they say we'll call you back.
- It gets extra hot
- Because of the heat, fans always work and makes too much noise(but really too much), during the class if I turned on my laptop everybody was looking at me
- My friend has the same laptop. The only part which is not changed during two years is the lcd(everything else has been replaced, no kidding) for mine, actually there is still the graphic card and the lcd which remains the same
- The dvd doesn't usually read even the things burned by itself(using good media)
- The card reader usually doesn't read the card
- It also happened to me that if you push the graphic card too hard, the computer got stuck because of the overheat
- The part below the keyboard has no more paint.
- A key from the keyboard got broken so easily
- I don't even mention the battery, because I suppose a bunch of AAA batteries would last more than the battery it comes with...

“After spending 2000 Euro's on a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo...”

written by stnzx on 31/01/2006

After spending 2000 Euro's on a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840 laptop, they supplied me with a notebook which was configured with a default failure; Namely, the ATI 9600, in combination with their motherboard, had a conflict with the s-video output, which resulted in b/w output (they knew that), so that motherboard had to be replaced immediately, including the ATI.

When I received the revised laptop (after 6 weeks), the outer-side was damaged, my HD drive wasn't functioning in smart modes anymore.
So I had to resend it! Another 2 weeks!

Start up on battery power was impossible, due to the battery capacity in combination with a Pentium 4 (average shutdown time on battery (35 minutes with a new battery).

When rendering in After effects or Premiere, the laptop got overheated and shut down, even with an external extra fan!

2 days after my guarantee had ended, my HD gave an terminal error, It broke down. (12 months and 2 days).
I had to replace that (170 Euro's).

Now, in the 14 months of me owning an Amilo D1840, my adapter has exploded, and because it's a 20v 8A 4 pin adapter (which is irreplaceable by an generic adapter), I have to wait for 2 weeks for a new adapter which cost me 120 Euro's.

This is probably the worst laptop I have ever owned! This product is shameful for a company like Fujitsu.

No reasonable support from Fujitsu, although they knew this notebook had these problems!

In my comprehension this is no service, or good publicity for Fujitsu. SO Fujitsu, what are you people going to do about this? I could use some support after spending 2500 Euro's on your faulty product!!!

Stnzx's Response to stnzx's Review

Written on: 04/07/2006

Truly the worst laptop ever bought by me! Now it has broken down completely, mainboard, all the fans, processor (all for the second time) and it's not worth to fix it by the price that fujitsu offered me!
Worst service ever by their 'customer we don't care' centre, and combined with inferior materials, my worst experience ever with a notebook. STRONG ADVISE: NEVER BUY A FUJITSU, THEY SELL RUBBISH!

“My Fuji Siemens Amilo is constantly at the repair...”

written by Qassim Ghalib on 02/10/2005

My Fuji Siemens Amilo is constantly at the repair centre. The only speed is the amount of time it takes to use the battery. I would not recommend this product as it will just take your money and not satisfy you.

“Bought the Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840 having...”

written by giolla on 08/12/2004

Bought the Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840 having purchased many siemens products in the past for my home. I stupidly believed their computer products would be of similar quality. This was a mistake. Paint scratches to easily. Badly put together casing. Battery life rubbish & the front left hand area of the keyboard becomes almost to hot to touch when left running for several hours. Many of my collegues use apple products which are far superior for the money. When I contacted fujitsu siemens customer support I felt they did not listen to the issues I had with their product. Not recommended.

“I bought the Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840 notebook new...”

written by IgorAl on 11/08/2004

I bought the Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840 notebook new in April 2004. When I run some programs the notebook is getting very hot in its left part. Worst of all, the painting on its surface became darker and it looked like dirt. I contacted the company, they inspected the notebook and told me that this problem can not be solved, it is just like it. I think that I am cheated by Fujitsu-Siemens.

“Got my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840 laptop this morning...”

written by lemonhead on 16/06/2004

Got my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840 laptop this morning so quickly got it out the box to have a go. Everything worked out of the box including the wireless networking. The games playing is stunning with the P4 and 128 MB of dedicated graphics memory as well as 512MB of DDR memory. Very happy with the laptop especially @ £934 ( from http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk ) and would recommend it to anyone who needs serious power at the expense of portability.