Nokia 6630 Reviews

Design: Mobile
Digital Camera: 6x Zoom 1.23 Megapixels Digital Camera
Display
Display Size: 176 x 208
Screen Type: 65K Colors (TFT)
Memory
Standby Time: 264 Hours
Other Features
Messaging Formats: SMSMMSPOP3SMTPIMAP4P2P SMS
Data Formats: WAP 2.0HTMLXHTMLMIDP2
Phone Features: Automatic RedialCaller group profilingIntegrated speakerphonePhoto caller IDPredictive text inputSpeech recognitionSpeed dialVoice dialing
Organizer Features: Alarm clockCalendar
Other Features: PC synchronization
Applications: CalculatorCurrency converterGames
Multimedia Features: Integrated Digital CameraMP3 playerMPEG4 video playbackVideo CaptureVideo PlayerVideo RecorderVoice recorderPolyphonic ringtones
Other
Height: 11 cm
Width: 2.36 in.
Depth: 2.11 cm
Weight: 2.03 kg
Included Accessories: Travel ChargerUser ManualHeadsetSoftware CDMultimedia CardUSB Data Cable

“its nice mobile i like it ”

written by on 25/08/2010

its nice mobile i like it

“I recommend this phone..i think it is really worth its...”

written by inkahmessiah on 28/04/2008

I recommend this phone..i think it is really worth its price..and i love this phone

“The Nokia 6633 is an absolute piece of rubbish. ”

written by brt78 on 11/03/2008

The Nokia 6633 is an absolute piece of rubbish.
I have had 8 of these with the same issues.
Each is a replacement of the previous.
Its was the biggest waste of $700 dollars!!!!
Poor customer service as Nokia do not want to fix it, just waste my time every time i call them!!!!

“Nokia 6630 is a perfect phone to purchase. I have...”

written by geekagaa on 05/10/2006

Nokia 6630 is a perfect phone to purchase. I have purchased this phone in Feb. 2006 and I have received 100% value of my money. I have captured 1000s of pictures and videos, I have 100s of Microsoft Word, Excel & Powerpoint documents in my phone which I can access any time. It's a complete gadget.

I was not getting 100% value out of it when I purchased it, but after two months I installed different Symbian software like Quickoffice, Scientific Calculator, Nokia wireless presenter (from which I can operate my desktop computer wirelessly, my Nokia 6630 works as a remote controller for my desktop), Oxford Dictionaries any many others. These software changed my life. I am more than happy to have this phone now.

Yes, there was a problem in this phone that after being operational for more than 48 hours, its signal gets zero. For solving it, I have updated firmware of my phone (Firmware Updating software is available on Nokia's Website named Nokia Software Updater). It is working better than before now.

I love my Nokia 6630. It is complete!

“I wouldn't recommend the Nokia 6630 mobile phone to...”

written by Biljan on 05/07/2006

I wouldn't recommend the Nokia 6630 mobile phone to anyone. It has a software problem and it's not reliable enough. Although it has a great screen and sound quality, it keeps switching itself off, losing its signal and eventually went offline. Also had to switch off in order to get the Vodafone signal back.

Reviewr's Response to Biljan's Review

Written on: 15/07/2006

Biljan has problems with the 6630 reception and the phone switching itself off, going off-line, and losing the signal. Some of these problems may be due to the Vodafone signal in North Wales. There is an issue with Vodafone where the 6630 loses the network on handover to 2G when the 3G network coverage is poor. This means dropped or missed calls, and heavy drain on battery current for some reason.
<br/>
<br/>I use the 6630 with &#039;3&#039; in the Home Counties and have none of these problems.
<br/>
<br/>Some of Biljan&#039;s problems may be caused by not closing the various programs properly. Press and hold the menu button for a couple of seconds, and the open programs are shown. Select them one at a time and close or exit.
<br/>
<br/>Also, it may be worth getting Nokia to update the firmware version.
<br/>
<br/>As to the battery life that Biljan gets, some of the battery drain may be due to the Vodafone 2G/3G problem, but other than that, the battery life depends on what features are used. I find phone calling, texting, and wap fine, but other features such as playing mp3, video clips, downloading, etc are bound to use more battery.

“The Nokia 6630 mobile phone is amazing! It has great...”

written by georgecc on 12/06/2006

The Nokia 6630 mobile phone is amazing! It has great features, and it is extremely easy to use. The only problem is that it doesn't have much memory. I only had enough memory to put 1 song on it. Also, memory cards are hard to find for this phone.

Haz92's Response to georgecc's Review

Written on: 29/08/2006

totally agree gr8 review and i managed to put 11 songs on it so it can't be bad!!!!!

“The Nokia 6630 mobile phone has a lot of nice features...”

written by john labiste on 03/06/2006

The Nokia 6630 mobile phone has a lot of nice features including an MP3 player etc. The only downsides to the phone are that it is bulky and it isn't 3g compatible.

Nightman's Response to john labiste's Review

Written on: 06/09/2006

Whilst you may be right about it being slightly bulky (Not overtly so) you are wrong about the 3G issue. The Nokia 6630 Smartphone is most definitely 3G.

“the Nokia 6630 is generally a wonderful mobile phone...”

written by nike6630 on 29/05/2006

the Nokia 6630 is generally a wonderful mobile phone with lots of features. the design is excellent. Internet access is fast. Great memory capacity and great sound!

“I have had my Nokia 6630 mobile phone for over six...”

written by Samj91 on 17/04/2006

I have had my Nokia 6630 mobile phone for over six months now, and I enjoy using it now as much as I did when I first got it. Every week I seem to find a new quirk to amuse myself with.

Once you have got used to this phone, which takes a few days, you start to appreciate how well it is put together and how clever the software is.

When taking pictures, I tend to use the 640 x 480 setting, as I have no need for mega-pixel photos on a phone screen. On the phone; these photos look great. However, if you were to blow them up they wouldn't.

The bluetooth is easy to use, and it is fast compared to some of my friends' phones.

The battery life is good (around 3 - 5 days), but only if you have the bluetooth switched off. If you have it on then it drains the battery in around 2 days.

Overall, I am very happy with this phone, and even after six months I am not even thinking of an upgrade; which is something that I have done with my many phones in the past!

“I bought the Nokia 6630 mobile phone last week, and...”

written by Ben Dracup on 13/04/2006

I bought the Nokia 6630 mobile phone last week, and ever since I have found the phone to be stylish and a great phone to carry round; as most Nokia phones are. It was very simple to use from the day I got it.
The thing that surprised me most was the 1.3 mega-pixel camera which took brilliant photos and videos. I recommend the Nokia 6630 to anyone who is interested in a simple stylish masterclass.

“The Nokia 6630 is a best phone ever for a margin of Rs...”

written by enikhil on 12/03/2006

The Nokia 6630 is a best phone ever for a margin of Rs 13000, 3G+EDGE Phone great browsing speed. 6630 has symbian OS. So it supports variety of software. I am in love with 6630. It is so handy and provides multitasking support also. Phonebook and messaging system is great compared to other mobiles in its range.

“The Nokia 6630 has a brilliant memory capacity. It is...”

written by tom 1198 on 23/02/2006

The Nokia 6630 has a brilliant memory capacity. It is a good steady phone, and although it isn't as stylish as some others, I like it!

“I have to agree that the Nokia 6630 mobile phone...”

written by annadtechie on 06/02/2006

I have to agree that the Nokia 6630 mobile phone handles music well and is great for entertainment. The buttons and speakers are of excellent quality, but sadly, I feel that the 1.3MP camera is still disappointing. The phone crashes frequently, and I get frequent Memory Low warning messages in spite of my phone having 90% free memory. There is no way to organise tracks on the memory card - renaming a track being impossible. Applications installed don't turn up on the application manager, which makes it necessary for the application to be deleted from the memory card manually.

Overall, I am disappointed with the phone.

“The Nokia 6630 is a good phone ever for a margin of Rs...”

written by princestephenranji on 30/01/2006

The Nokia 6630 is a good phone ever for a margin of Rs 13000, 3G Phone great browsing speed using this phone you can configure gmail accounts supports email attachments mms size 300kb voice quality excellent camera outstanding with almost digital camera quality, USB support is great as it needs no drivers to install using this phone you can get broadband speeds upto 384kbps in units network & about 60kbps on gsm. I recommend all to buy this phone great value for money.

“The Nokia 6630 mobile phone is ace! I think its...”

written by Nath05 on 23/12/2005

The Nokia 6630 mobile phone is ace! I think its features are new compared to the features of other phones in this price range. The battery life is excellent, and you only have to charge it to full before using it for the first time; this way the battery is fully reactive.

“I bought the Nokia 6630 from a friend after I got so...”

written by tomboy84 on 24/11/2005

I bought the Nokia 6630 from a friend after I got so annoyed with my V3. It worked perfectly for her but the battery kept running down super fast on me, I bought a new battery but that didn't help.

I use my phones mainly for texts & entertainment(mp3's & videos) and with the memory card, this phone fits my needs storage wise. I don't have any of the network problems that a lot of other people complain of but I do get annoyed with the 6630's need to continuely switch between GSM & 3G during calls.

The design isn't exactly sleek, sexy or in any way fashionable but it makes up for the poor design with the stack of features & the great quality 1.23mp camera although don't expect them to look that good when you upload them to your p.c.

Overall the 6630 is a good quality phone & although there are obvious problems that Nokia need to deal with, it is miles above my old V3 & I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the new N90 !

“The Nokia 6630 is not a bad phone. You can get...”

written by andy978645 on 12/11/2005

The Nokia 6630 is not a bad phone. You can get features like Satellite Navigation on this phone, but the battery life is poor, and the phone seems to get confused sometimes because of poor programming.

“Overall impression of the Nokia 6630 is good....”

written by nicof on 29/08/2005

Overall impression of the Nokia 6630 is good. Operating system is faster than previous series 60 phones. Syncronisation with PC also works better than before. The 3G surfing is fast and sneding email works most of the time!

The only noticable problem is the phones main control panel, the five-way navigation button. It is big enough and using the left - right - up - down movement work just fine, bhe confirm-button does not work properly on my phone and this seems to be a universal Nokia problem?

“I see that so many say that the Nokia 6630 is abad...”

written by asimbijarani on 09/08/2005

I see that so many say that the Nokia 6630 is abad phone, but I think It is one of the best, in todays market.
I purchased it in July, and have found it to be the best phone for me.

“Nokia 6630 - I aint gonna repeat myself coz am having...”

written by Nads Rocks on 12/07/2005

Nokia 6630 - I aint gonna repeat myself coz am having the same problem, network problems in an open area, and yes battery. I do use my phone a lot with calls, WAP, games, music, etc...but with a phone like the 6630, the battery life should have been designed to last quite a long time due to the features and qualities in this phone; however, it doesn't, I have to charge my phone at least 3 times a day - 24 hours, and it still dies in a matter of just an hour or so, switches itself off and I miss my txts, calls and it gets you angry. But this phone is a great phone, 1 of the best phones Nokia have ever come across, has anyone tried to speak to Nokia about why this phone has these problems? I have also had a replacement phone. I bought a brand new phone 2 days before Christmas and had it replaced coz of network problems and battery problems. I got my replacement, another refurbished phone having the same problems although a lot of people have told me bout the 3G network but why didn't they improve on it as I am sure they must have got a lot of complaints. I also bought a new battery but the fault is not in the phone coz the phone is great. Will someone tell me, have any of you spoken to Nokia about this phone? Please let me know because I don't wanna think of changing phones because I waited 8 months for the 6630 to come out and I don't wanna think of buying another 1 coz I love this phone to bits. Will someone let me know about this and any solutions?

Robpe's Response to Nads Rocks's Review

Written on: 21/07/2005

I had 3g network problem & draining of battery becuase of it. I downloaded Netmonitor. You can get it from http://www.symbian-freak.com.
<br>Then use it to switch off the blasted 3G. Vodaphone need to get their act together.
<br>Now with 3G switched off I get good coverage on 2G & battery lasts two days :-)

217782_Debswoo's Response to Nads Rocks's Review

Written on: 20/11/2005

Things stay open on this phone when you may think you've closed them down, try pressing & holding down your menu button that will show you things that are still active, this way you can close down things your not using & cut down the use on your battery. I use my phone a fair bit for calls, games & tons of texts & I can sometimes get a couple of days between charging. Hope this is usefull.

Kulbir's Response to Nads Rocks's Review

Written on: 02/08/2005

We all know that its battery has low power , coz it cant match the power of nokia 1100 simply coz it has lot more features plus it has to drive the worlds best camera, best stereo mp3 player, best quality screen , the amazing sensor on top and then network services.
<br>
<br> so try a little bit low on games , mp3 , cam...so you will end up with charging it only one time a day