Kenmore 90 Series Reviews

Kenmore 90 Series - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Kenmore 90 Series

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“continuously blows thermal fuse for no reason”

Written on: 14/01/2012

Have replaced thermostat thermal fuse several times. There is not a problem with the venting. from researching on the internet seems to be a common problem - I imagine there is a flaw in the wiring design. Also, lint trap in the front is convenient to empty, but design makes it easy for lint to get into the 'innards' of the dryer, where it may go unnoticed and is harder to clean out. Recommend choosing the lint trap that goes in the back of the dryer & lifts from the top to clean, even… Read Full Review

“I have had my Kenmore tumble dryer for about four...”

Written on: 07/10/2006 by mrasco (1 review written)

I have had my Kenmore tumble dryer for about four years. Over the past year, it has taken longer and longer to dry a load of clothes. At first, I thought it was due to the size of the load. However, I've realized that is not the problem. It now takes three to four hours to dry a normal size load of clothes. I could hang them on a clothes line outside and get faster results!… Read Full Review

Dewayne Ross's Response to 262374_mrasco's Review

Written on: 02/06/2007

It sounds exactly to me, to be an increasingly clogging discharge chute! Try pulling it away from the wall, disconnect the chute and dry a load completely without the chute being connected. I'll bet you receive a surprise!

Guest's Response to 262374_mrasco's Review

Written on: 30/09/2011

sounds like your vent is clogged to me. That would cause the steam to stay in the dryer rather than being vented out which is the only thing I know of that would make any operational dryer take that long. Pull your dryer out and shake the hose.Or better yet, take it off and vaccum everything out.You can also check by noticing how much steam is coming out of your outdoor vent. If it isn,t billowing, you definitely have a clog which can be a fire hazard so it is imperitive to keep it clear.

Read 2 Comments

“I would not recommend the Kenmore 90 series gas tumble...”

Written on: 30/01/2006 by lucysgirl (1 review written)

I would not recommend the Kenmore 90 series gas tumble dryer. Last year I replaced the motor. It is poorly designed poorly because it is very hard to remove the lint build-up inside the machine. Even though I clean the lint remover with every load, I smelled smoke during my last use. After removing the cover (which was hard) I saw charred lint in the rear of the unit. I wish I had never spent the money to replace the motor!… Read Full Review

Dewayne Ross's Response to 227763_lucysgirl's Review

Written on: 02/06/2007

The 90 series driers have a reputation for lint build-up within. There is a cure! Buy some of the metallic backed duct tape you see being used while building a new kitchen, sit down one rainy day and tear your dryer apart...at least as far as getting the door, top and front panels off. Then wrap each and every junction you see inside that has to do with air flow. The results are phenomenal! Also, start making a habit of hand washing your lint filter about once a month with a fingernail brush or something of that sort. Yes, wash it! Today's softener pads have chemicals within them that cause a slime on the filter. They jam easier then! The lint finds another way out. A clean filter actually catches more lint. Make sense?

Read 1 Comment

“I too need a new motor for the Kenmore 90 Series as it...”

Written on: 26/05/2005 by tashal (1 review written)

I too need a new motor for the Kenmore 90 Series as it is not as good as was promised. I miss the dryers of the seventies they were not $500.00 and they ran a good long time… Read Full Review

“We have owned a Kenmore 90 Series dryer for 4 years...”

Written on: 12/06/2004 by Judynmichaella (1 review written)

We have owned a Kenmore 90 Series dryer for 4 years and have had two burned out motors. The design is such that the lent catcher does not stop lent and dust from entering the motor area. The motor attracts the lent which causes it to over heat. It is a fire hazard as well. The first sign is that the machine take 80+ minutes to dry a single load. I would spend an entire day to do four loads of laundry. The warranty is only a year on motor which is too expensive for me as a consumer. Very… Read Full Review