Kenmore 90 Series Reviews

• Style

• Service & Support

Kenmore 90 Series - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Kenmore 90 Series

“It kept going and going and going!”

written by squadronleader1 on 20/06/2015

Our kenmore 90 lasted over 15 years with no issues. Finally crapped out after about a million loads. Just keep the lint trap clean. Purchased it in 1999 for $ 275.00 Great little machine.

“Old Dryer”

written by GlennKehoe186 on 22/07/2014

This gas dryer lasted me 7 years and was given to me, as It needed front door fixed. As toddler jumped on and it broke, so It was used when I got it 7 years ago. It has done it's job with 5 people and two dogs. Lint collect's a lot in the bottom of machine that I clean out monthly, and vent tube builds up in three months time. I figure do to old age. Got rid of as was squeaking to much do to bearings going out. To old to invest in parts.

“continuously blows thermal fuse for no reason”

written by on 14/01/2012

Have replaced thermostat thermal fuse several times. There is not a problem with the venting. from researching on the internet seems to be a common problem - I imagine there is a flaw in the wiring design. Also, lint trap in the front is convenient to empty, but design makes it easy for lint to get into the 'innards' of the dryer, where it may go unnoticed and is harder to clean out. Recommend choosing the lint trap that goes in the back of the dryer & lifts from the top to clean, even though it is messier to use.

“Dryer stopped working (no heat). Tried all the...”

written by on 27/12/2010

Dryer stopped working (no heat). Tried all the recommended repairs to no avail. The dryer was maintained well and cleaned regularly. Very unstatisfied to date with any Kenmore appliance we have owned.

“I've had the Kenmore 90 washer and gas dryer for over...”

written by on 11/06/2010

I've had the Kenmore 90 washer and gas dryer for over 4 years. The pair is sturdy, reliable, and they work great. I have never had to call a repair service, because I've never had any problems with these machines at all.

“Our Kenmore Dryer Model 110 62922 100 has worked...”

written by on 03/04/2009

Our Kenmore Dryer Model 110 62922 100 has worked flawlessly for 9.5 years. We have five children and do about 4 loads every other day on average. We have always removed the dryer lint after every load. After 9 years, today is the first day something went wrong. The first load of the day I smelled a burning odor, then it ceased. I hope this is an easy fix.

“seems the heating element in my Kenmore 90 series...”

written by on 10/03/2009

seems the heating element in my Kenmore 90 series doesn't hold up for long, i've already replaced it once and it appears to be time to do it again.
large capacity, great when the heating element is working

“My wife and I have had our Kenmore 90 Series washer...”

written by Michael Farris on 14/07/2008

My wife and I have had our Kenmore 90 Series washer and dryer since we were poor, broke newlyweds 24 years ago. Part of the secret to keeping her going is just her quality of workmanship--finely built and reliable parts that aren't made like they used to be. The other part is following instructions on keeping her maintained and listening to what's being said. When things are going bad, take the time and care to put her back into shape. Now it's time to find another (a washer and a wife), and if I can find ones that lasts half as long as the last, then I've gotten my money's worth.

“We've had our Kenmore 90 dryer for 12 years. It never...”

written by on 09/06/2008

We've had our Kenmore 90 dryer for 12 years. It never broke down. We've never had the lint problem mentioned by the other users. I recommended it highly

“We have owned our Kenmore 90 Series Dryer for about 13...”

written by on 22/05/2008

We have owned our Kenmore 90 Series Dryer for about 13 years now and haven't had any problems until now with a blower motor replacement. Not a big deal after this many years and quite easy to replace.

“I'm a firm believer that when it come to major...”

written by Deal Prowler on 27/02/2007

I'm a firm believer that when it come to major appliances you have to do your homework, no excuses. Sears and its Kenmore brand are actually as good or better than their Whirlpool cousins, but at a lower price typically. When is comes to major appliances my money is on Kenmore and then Whirlpool.

“I have had my Kenmore tumble dryer for about four...”

written by mrasco on 07/10/2006

I have had my Kenmore tumble dryer for about four years. Over the past year, it has taken longer and longer to dry a load of clothes. At first, I thought it was due to the size of the load. However, I've realized that is not the problem. It now takes three to four hours to dry a normal size load of clothes. I could hang them on a clothes line outside and get faster results!

Dewayne Ross's Response to 262374_mrasco's Review

Written on: 02/06/2007

It sounds exactly to me, to be an increasingly clogging discharge chute! Try pulling it away from the wall, disconnect the chute and dry a load completely without the chute being connected. I'll bet you receive a surprise!

Guest's Response to 262374_mrasco's Review

Written on: 30/09/2011

sounds like your vent is clogged to me. That would cause the steam to stay in the dryer rather than being vented out which is the only thing I know of that would make any operational dryer take that long. Pull your dryer out and shake the hose.Or better yet, take it off and vaccum everything out.You can also check by noticing how much steam is coming out of your outdoor vent. If it isn,t billowing, you definitely have a clog which can be a fire hazard so it is imperitive to keep it clear.

“I would not recommend the Kenmore 90 series gas tumble...”

written by lucysgirl on 30/01/2006

I would not recommend the Kenmore 90 series gas tumble dryer. Last year I replaced the motor. It is poorly designed poorly because it is very hard to remove the lint build-up inside the machine. Even though I clean the lint remover with every load, I smelled smoke during my last use. After removing the cover (which was hard) I saw charred lint in the rear of the unit. I wish I had never spent the money to replace the motor!

Dewayne Ross's Response to 227763_lucysgirl's Review

Written on: 02/06/2007

The 90 series driers have a reputation for lint build-up within. There is a cure! Buy some of the metallic backed duct tape you see being used while building a new kitchen, sit down one rainy day and tear your dryer apart...at least as far as getting the door, top and front panels off. Then wrap each and every junction you see inside that has to do with air flow. The results are phenomenal! Also, start making a habit of hand washing your lint filter about once a month with a fingernail brush or something of that sort. Yes, wash it! Today's softener pads have chemicals within them that cause a slime on the filter. They jam easier then! The lint finds another way out. A clean filter actually catches more lint. Make sense?

“I too need a new motor for the Kenmore 90 Series as it...”

written by tashal on 26/05/2005

I too need a new motor for the Kenmore 90 Series as it is not as good as was promised. I miss the dryers of the seventies they were not $500.00 and they ran a good long time.

“I have had my Kenmore 90 Series dryer for almost 6...”

written by cal23 on 02/05/2005

I have had my Kenmore 90 Series dryer for almost 6 years and the motor is on it's way out. I was told a replacement motor would cost $301 and I am not sure that includes labor. I have cleaned under the inside bottom of the dryer before, but lint does build up and it should be done every couple of months. Note: while cleaning the lint from the bottom be sure to unplug the unit first. I did receive a little shock to my arm when I reached in to vacuum the lint in the back of the unit. The front access panel does not come off easily and don't expect it to go on easily either. Mine is still a bit crooked. I had hoped my dryer would have lasted a lot longer than it looks like it will. I don't think I will buy another Kenmore.

“I have had my Kenmore 90 Series dryer 5 years without...”

written by DaveJCTN on 23/03/2005

I have had my Kenmore 90 Series dryer 5 years without a single problem. Before that I had a Kenmore dryer for 12 years and only once had the belt replaced. The secret is following maintenance recommendations by keeping it cleaned out and lubricated once a year.

“The Kenmore 90 Series drier has been very, very good...”

written by Lucy Myers on 23/01/2005

The Kenmore 90 Series drier has been very, very good to us.

“We bought our Kenmore Series 90 only 5 years ago and...”

written by pikec on 14/12/2004

We bought our Kenmore Series 90 only 5 years ago and have already experienced a "fried motor". We are not rich people and cannot afford to buy a new drier every 5 years! I would never recommend this appliance! Warranty is way too short of a term!

“We have owned our Kenmore 90 Series Dryer, for about 5...”

written by shaperry on 13/08/2004

We have owned our Kenmore 90 Series Dryer, for about 5 years now and haven't had any problems,(knock on wood). We purchased the dryer from a Sears scratch&dent wearhouse.

“We have owned a Kenmore 90 Series dryer for 4 years...”

written by Judynmichaella on 12/06/2004

We have owned a Kenmore 90 Series dryer for 4 years and have had two burned out motors. The design is such that the lent catcher does not stop lent and dust from entering the motor area. The motor attracts the lent which causes it to over heat. It is a fire hazard as well. The first sign is that the machine take 80+ minutes to dry a single load. I would spend an entire day to do four loads of laundry. The warranty is only a year on motor which is too expensive for me as a consumer. Very disappointed as I still have my Fridigitaire washer for 16 years -going strong. When buying the Kenmore-90 series I was told not to replace with another Fridigaire as it was not good brand. The Warranty is too short on the motor - the main part for this product. I will NEVER buy any Kenmore product again.

Asked by Quilterbabe9132021 on 3rd June 2021 Report this content
What is the approximate age of Kenmore Plus series 110 78932792 ? What is the gas efficiency rating & how does that compare to a new LG gas dryer ?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Asked by bettylowe on 22nd April 2015 Report this content
Is cap on motor for belt interchangeable?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site