AOL Broadband www.aol.com

AOL Broadband www.aol.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AOL Broadband www.aol.com

“Persistant pop-ups”

written by Watson395 on 30/11/2017

I like AOL as my homepage and have used it for many years. But, now I am thinking of finding a new homepage. Aol is currently hiding its search bar under a persistant pop-up asking to be allowed to send notifications. Also, quite often when I go into my emails, I am getting a persistant po-up asking for more personal details. Aol uses The Huffington Post' to deliver news, yet is consistently asking for you to subscribe. So, Goodbye AOL.

“Just Gets Worse”

written by BogAArt on 27/12/2016

Apparently, Windows 10 caught AOL by surprise because the AOL software isn't compatible with a 64 bit OS. Problems are chronic. Can't sign on. AOL not responding. Constant stalling and buffering. Program freezes. Requires repeated use of Task Manager to get out of AOL, or repeated computer restarts. Call tech services, and they're all off-shore. Primary solution to all issues, no matter what you call in for, is to uninstall and reinstall software. If that doesn't solve the problem--and it never solves the problem--you call back and the next tech tells you that the last reinstall was not done properly or that the software was corrupted. Solution? Uninstall and reinstall AOL software. If you're lucky, the tech won't cut you off, drop your call, or tell you that he's done the best he can and if you still have problems, well, that's just too bad, it's your problem, not his. New BETA software installed today. Well, already I've received messages that AOL software has encountered a problem and has stopped working. Worse, many of the features, including the ability to block pop ups and other privacy features DON'T WORK. I chose AOL several years ago because it was easy to use and had several features that I liked. In addition, AOL offers several perks that have appeal or value. So, for a while, I thought that if they would resolve all the issues, it would be worth staying on. But not only does the "new, improved" AOL software still have performance issues, it appears that they threw together a program that does only the basics but is incomplete and inadequate. I've been complaining to AOL folks for months now and THEY JUST DON'T CARE. For a long time I gave them credit for trying to sweeten the deal by offering various perks that might be costly if you had to buy them a la carte, but in the end, is anything worth the aggravation? If the folks at AOL don't care about product quality, and if they definitely don't care about customer service, why should anybody care about AOL? I mean, if everybody else on earth has kept up with technology such as Windows 10, what excuse has AOL for being so far behind? As I said, THEY JUST DON'T CARE.

“always off line”

written by 245Hansen on 21/04/2016

appalling service had no broadband for 4 weeks over xmas 2015 and now gone again aol say dont worry will fix in 72 hours they send out pointless engineers then finally admit what i told them in the first place its an exchange card problem this time ive been waiting a week and still am . same fault as before talk talk aol are a poor broadband provider avoid like the plague

“Aol / talk Talk broadband”

written by GisselleWells on 22/02/2015

Absolutely disgraceful attitude from staff when trying to resolve problems with broadband. Customer services' were rude, unhelpful, incompetent and unprofessional. Avoid at all costs.

“Wouldn't give this internet connect to my worst enemy!”

written by Kevin311 on 13/01/2015

I have been with aol for 5 years and the connection has only got worse and the help from aol never came, useless over the phone speaking to guys from India all the time, which then charge daft prices on your phone bill, this is a disgrace I have to turn my Iternet router on off about 15 times a day because it just cuts off and I do not live in the middle of no where so there is no excuse and to top it of aol refuse to do anything about it and I have to wait another 16 months until I can leave them this is dirty the only word for it aol need to take a look at themselves if it was my business I would have seen this as a failed business I'm sure I'm not the only person AOL is Poo

“AOL Broadband -14 and out!”

written by Manoirman on 30/11/2014

Like many other users started experiencing very slow speeds (<1mbs) in Autumn 2013, initially sent out their engineer to check router, no probs so had BT engineer out twice and BT reset router which worked for a couple of weeks before getting worse again, had several more attempts to resolve it but never managed to. On most recent call they admitted to me that there was a general problem with BT and it would take them a couple of months to resolve so gave me free service, however free is no use when your service is slower than dial up. When I rang for MAC code they admitted it would not be resolved in a couple of months, and implied it was a commercial issue, eg maybe AOL not buying enough bandwidth from BT so users get squeezed. Reluctantly changed to BT 3 days ago and speeds now regularly >6mbs! Unfortunately if you are getting slow speeds from them if you are out of contract don't try to fix it- just move!

“Worst customer service ever”

written by 69Maldonado on 05/09/2014

I called about how slow our wifi service is and AOL tested the speed but the customer service man was really rude. I don't know whether it was his lack of English proficiency but it came out sounding like he was ordering me to connect to the Internet and then getting annoyed when I asked him questions.

“Tri”

written by lotusmillie on 04/06/2014

I had been with AOL for 11 years up until 5 months back when I changed to BT. I had been getting half decent speeds with AOL until the last 12 months when the speeds fell intermittently to 0.5mb and made the service almost impossible to use. It wasn't even good enough to stream catch up profs on the smart TV. I was in contact with them goodness knows how many times and you could sometimes be put through to Talk Talk and you would have to explain from the beginning again as they didn't have previous calls on their system. I thought sometimes that I was going mad. They kept on saying because I was at the end of the line that there was nothing that could be done. To cut a very long story short I said look I have had enough and I am changing to BT. They reluctantly gave me my MAC code and then I changed. I have never looked back, I am constantly on 4.5 mb and sometimes 6, the router is fantastic and even sends the signal to an extender in a separate holiday cottage. It proves they say anything to keep you, they offered me 3 months free use which was rather pointless as I couldn't use it anyway!!

“10 days for engineer”

written by gioreview on 23/04/2014

My broadband speed is down to less than 0.8 mbs where it should be minimum 5 mbs. after ring them 2 x and spending over an hour today with them they tell me that the next available slot is on May 3rd for an engineer to come to see the issue = 10 days!!! Plus I have been informed that it will take 2 working days for someone from customer complaints to ring me back! This is AOL broadband = what a disgrace

“AOL Are The Tops”

written by on 26/03/2014

I've been with AOL wireless flexi monthly contract for about six years and I can honestly say that I'n reasonably satisfied with their service. But occassionaly you can't get a connection on wireless especially late at night. I was on a 10GB package with evening and weekend calls at first but when I asked them for a mac code and told them I was thinking of leaving they upgraded me to unlimted broadband with anytime calls to 01,02.03 at no extra cost. I can't really fault them,they've been good and fair with me. I don't know what all these negative reviews are all about? I'm just giving my honest unbiased opinion on a company the seems to have been getting a lot of flack. Give them a chance,these guys are really ok.

“awful customer service”

written by on 30/11/2013

I have been using AOL/talktalk since it was first available in the UK. I am moving house, and wanted to leave the telephone number. I spent 81 minutes on hold before I spoke to a staff member, then was moved via four other staff members, each requiring all my details, before I was told that I could not leave without speaking to a supervisor about our purchaser keeping the phone line, and I will have to call back after 1000 tomorrow. I would have stayed with AOL were it not for this experience, and the difficulty I had with understanding the staff they use. I am giving up AOL when I move. 15 Minutes after my last conversation with AOL I am signed up with Sky, and already have an email confirmation for when their engineer will visit our new house to set up. Fingers crossed, but they cant be any worse than what I have just been through!

“BROADBAND RELIABILITY”

written by on 07/10/2013

BROADBAND SIGNAL KEEPS DROPPING OUT (5-6 TIMES PER DAY). SPEED IS SATISFACTORY BUT RELIABILITY IS VERY VERY FRUSTRATING HAVE TRIED NEW FILTERS ETC A ND A NEW ROUTER SUPPLIED FREE BY AOL BUT THIS MAKES THE PROBLEM EVEN WORSE.(PRESENTLY USING NETGEAR ROUTER). AOL HAVE BEEN HELPFUL OVER THE TELEPHONE AND CAN SUPPLY A TECHNICIAN AT £50 COST TO INVESTIGATE FURTHER TELEPHONE LINE IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF BT AND ISP IS AOL AND THINK I NOW NEED TO CHANGE TO ONE PROVIDER FOR BOTH SERVICES IN ORDER TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

“Flogging a dead horse that's not yet downloaded.”

written by joejoe86 on 02/09/2013

We went with AOL around 2006 as part of their join us for 24 months and get a free laptop. Which at the time was a good deal. Though on reflection £22 per month for this horse excrement is far too much. However by 2007/08 their service had come to a complete stand still. Constant calls to tech support Bombay where some chap reads out a script proved absolutely useless. Its bloody apparent my speed was being capped, in the day time i could get 900kbs downloads and at evening it was at 32kbps. They wouldn't let us cancel that easily either, it took months of trying to get hold of the right person. Now, if the God's of Broadband permit we may finally get a MAC code so I can once again just use the basic bloody internet! I really don't think there are polite words to illustrate how I feel about AOL, I remember using them in the states and they were fine. Of course back then (early 2000's) they were owned by AOL as opposed to carphone whorehouse and then tit-talk. Ironically the chap on the phone seemed to think that by offering me some amazing deal I'd stay with them for another year or even move to talk-talk; Not bloody likely! Succinctly put, They're total crap and unless you like that retro feeling of dial up; don't bother!

“Pathetic”

written by SharnOfTheDEAD on 31/07/2013

Slowest of the slow. Everything I watch buffers, download and upload speeds are a joke! Company still acts as if its 2001. DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY

“AOL Obstacles in cancellation”

written by on 10/07/2013

I called the aol service to cancel my aol account because I will be a few months abroad. The 18 month contract has run out at least 4 years ago. Thus, my understanding is that I could walk out at any time. The first time I got through was to an agent who tried a) offered me 6 months free and then when I refused to agree a new contract he b) said I had gone to the wrong department and need to talk to someone else. After transferring me the second agent tried again to discuss the reasons for disconnection and when I told him I was going abroad he said I need to talk to someone on the home-moving department. At this stage I said I was going to stop the direct debit anyway and he would have to disconnect the service but then he just asked me to wait and never came back! I called again, this time noting the names of the agents and when the new agent started a similar technique and started reading me terms and conditions I asked her to explain to me how these standard terms and conditions were at all relevant to a contract that has been agreed 6 years ago and has already lapsed and what validity they had. She refused to do the cancellation unless I would hear the terms and conditions. When I asked for a manager I was told that she spoke "with a senior advisor and this would only be possible if I were connected to another service". She finally said that my aol connection will be terminated - waiting to see what will happen. What I do not understand is how do they think they can customers when the simplest notification takes 30 minutes. When I get back will get again broadband but certainly not aol.

K.r.p.t.'s Comment

Written on: 09/09/2013

I opened an AOL account for my son when he went to University, once he graduated I tried on numerous occaisions to cancel the agreement, I spoke to AOL they said I had to cancel in writing, I did this only to still have my money £36 per month still being taken out of my account. In the end out of sheer frustration I cancelled my direct debit. Three months later I had baliffs on the phone threatening all sorts if I didnt pay the outstanding amount, I did this and three months later I have now had another threatening letter from their Stoke on Trent baliffs "advantis" asking for more money. AOL and their bully boys need regulating and quickly, I am now putting this in the hands of the Police as a faudulent practise with harasment and my solicitor. Do not buy from AOL and beware of the thugs at "advantis"

“Very very bad........run away”

written by Fallout3000 on 30/06/2013

Have been with AOL for awhile then upgraded to the 24mb unlimited deal. Since doing this i have been getting slower speeds than i did before. Im sure they keep throtting me back and when you speak to a customer service agent it is really hard to understand what they are saying and about as much use as a chocolate teapot. They "try" to help by reading of a script but if you have more than 2 brain cells you know that they are giving a very poor service and it is nothing to do with you PC or router. I am stuck in a contract now with them and i am counting down the days until i can leave AOL. Dont not, i repeat do not go with AOL

“Worst isp ever”

written by on 05/06/2013

AOL Call centres are useless if you speak Indian or South African you will be ok,you cannot understand them.and any way if you can they only go through a scrip written down for them.I complained 28th May 2013 of loss of land line and internet on a mobile number they said they would sort it.They did get it reconnected after 24 hours,but my internet was off.Ive been ringing them since about internet going off since, all the call center said that i could make out was did we send you a text I said yes but the fool on the other end asked about text a further 4 times you have to answer this before i can continue he said.I told him the text wasn't the problem my loss of internet was my problem,but I didn't get any were.This is a flavour of there help line. sill getting intermittent disconnections no improvement on 05 June 2013.Still ringing to try and get sorted out but don't hold out any hope.Ive been with them since before AOL was taken over by Talk Talk,it was good then but has gone downhill since then.Ovid them like the plauge if you want to keep your sanity.Worst ISP provider on the go.Its worth paying that bit more for a better provider.Im leaving as soon as I can Im even thinking of paying to get out of my contract, to get well away from them.

“customer service”

written by on 28/05/2013

Tried to get a MAC code from AOL, terrible customer service, "sorry but no" seem to be their main training, husband is account holder with me set up to manage account, despite several emails to customer services when phone advisers stonwalling me they were still unable to help, tried to make a complaint was told to ring customer services (the number I had already rang as given on their web page contact numbers) transfered 3 times over 10 minutes then told to wait a further 7 mins. Hung up as not worth the hassel, they were obviously not going to help. Having read the first few reviews here looks like this is standard service for AOL. Have had similar problems over the 17 approx years we have been customers, don't know why we didn't try to change providers sooner. Hopefully we'll get it sorted out with our planned new provider and it will be good bye AOL very soon....... Ps AOL are also very slow and expensive... what were we thinking...

“Time to move on”

written by on 26/05/2013

I just hope everyone eventually leaves aol as a service provider. I remember joining them in 1997. They have been nothing but trouble to know. I recently had someone hack my email account and all i wanted to do was access my change password service. Going through the aol software every time i try settings and screen name services the web page times out. because the save password feat is on i sign in no problem. When i try the pass word on my phone, and through internet explorer the pass word is incorrect which i dont understand. So having been on the phone to them for weeks im stuck in a loop, Call centers that dont speak clearly, and after hours on the phone and unable to help with you problem they ask if i would like to make a complaint of is there anything else they can help with. My recent phone call with them having been put through to 3 departments, i passed my security questions only to be told that the name the account is in was not correct. Nothing has changed on my side for 14 years so i could not understand whos name they have on the account. I told them someone has accesses my account, i needed to change the password but they could not let me access my account. I then wanted to cancel my aol provider and again then needed the account holder name which did not match what i told them so stuck in a loop hole. So now i cancelled the debit and closed the bank account that aol take money from. When it comes to 10th of every month and they want there money nothing will come out. If and when they contact me i will be happy to answer security questions knowing full well that when they get to the account holder name it will be wrong, they will not be able to do anything. The account holder name has not changed in 14 years so cant understand why now and whos name is on there instead. So when they ask me it will not match there for its not me they should be chasing for payment, alternative to cancel aol if i cant even do that as a member. terrible service the worst i have ever seen.

“Apalling customer service”

written by on 23/05/2013

I've been with AOL since the mid 1990's. My mother is also with them (she's in her 80's)and she recently moved house. I have spent over a week trying to get them to transfer her broadband to the new address and without fail they tell me that they are "upgrading the system" and cannot access her details. Every day they lie to me that it will be up and running "tomorrow" and it never is. So she's paying for a service they won't give her. They put the phone down on me when I said it was unacceptable. Now (not surprisingly) I've decided to leave them and guess what - they are "upgrading the system" and can't/won't give me my MAC code. RUN AS FAR AND FAST AS YOU CAN IF YOU EVEN THINK OF USING THIS BUNCH OF USELESS ********.