Authors Den www.authorsden.com Reviews

Media Gallery for Authors Den www.authorsden.com

Authors Den www.authorsden.com

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“I've been a member of Author's Den for several years. ...”

Written on: 25/05/2009 by Doubtful (1 review written)

I've been a member of Author's Den for several years. When I joined I found it very helpful and a great way to have my poetry seen by thousands of people. I didn't like their advertising on my site and so I took out a gold membership - it costs very little for what they offered in exposure. Unfortunately, over at least the last year--and I think it was earlier than that--I discovered my carefully formatted poetry there, occasionally and then often, somehow got altered to prose formatting… Read Full Review

“I have been a member of the Authors Den website for...”

Written on: 21/01/2006 by authorauthor (1 review written)

I have been a member of the Authors Den website for several years, since 2001 - during its beginning. I am a lifetime member so I do not pay annual fees. I did pay for a subscription for two years, as a "gold" member, and during those two years I found their "services" and offers to publish; hard copy journal, individual author books and an anthology - to be false.

The problem with Authors Den is that it does not live up to its statement, "to bring authors and readers together". This website… Read Full Review

Ipbookreviewer's Response to authorauthor's Review

Written on: 02/07/2008

I found this review helpful because... it provides an in depth look at my major concern. As a professional book reviewer, I expected to become a "reader" that would become involved with authors. Instead the site offered nothing to me as a new member except sending me form letters that were addressed to me as an author...Then they started to request money...before I even had a chance to understand where I might fit there...
<br/>
<br/>I totally agree with this analysis...Readers do not randomly come and become members...I joined to respond to a client's needs and posted my reviews...I've done a few things, and will probably continue to check it out...but, frankly, unless readers are treated as well as the authors...what good can come for an author... I'd like to see some statistics that show that the readers have bought and discussed the books, etc., before I will be happy.

Read 1 Comment

“”

Written on: 15/05/2004 by Hesione (1 review written)

I gave consideration, as to what I could as a long-standing member, (since virtually its inception) say about the present site.
Authorsden.com where authors and readers can come together, fact or fiction?
The statement appears to be true, although under scrutiny facts regarding the readership figures have little semblances to truth or reality.

Quoted figures are nonsense in real terms; less than 5% suggested readership leaves any form of review, a large amount of the reviews submitted are… Read Full Review