Clydesdale Bank Business Bank Account Reviews

• Customer service

Clydesdale Bank Business Bank Account - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Clydesdale Bank Business Bank Account

Clydesdale Bank Business Bank Account

“i am trapped and they know it”

Written on: 22/11/2018 by Gauthierpi382 (1 review written)

I have been tied into this poor excuse for a modern bank. The bank has at least 2 websites, either CY Business or clydedale bank. NO ONE in branch knows anything about the services the bank offer. i wanted to transfer money abroard and with lloyds bank i can do it on internet.oh no with clydesdale you must go into branch and try and find someone who knows that this service exists. iswear i had to show the staff how to fill in the form! Tried to get 3 business bank accounts...only because they know me, i thought iot would be easier...no, it isnt. dont bother . just go through hoops to get a different bank account opened with a professional bank.

“Taking Advantage, Causing Problems And Ruin Businesses”

Written on: 27/01/2018 by MikeMac9 (1 review written)

Have run a business for 7 years with Clydesdale Business Account. Wife became ill with terminal cancer couple of years ago, informed account manager about my situation and from that moment they started, messing about with account, taking excessive charges, knowing I was distracted. Decided to sell business to spend time with my wife, had buyer, unfortunately The Clydesdale pulled my O/D, no notice, bounced all payments, which destroyed cashflow of business, taking approx £2000 in charges over a month and a half, this paid back 3 months later, asked to pay it into loan account to bring it up to date, wasnt done, paid into business account, leaving loan account outstanding, which they decided to call in, this 'goodwill' couldnt be paid into loan account I was informed later, although, after getting another £3000 'goodwill', ( money they took from business in charges, unfairly, then paid back couple of months later! just another ploy to mess with cashflow), which was paid into loan account, so, unsure which is correct? If they had paid first payment into loan account, I would've been in credit by end of year, but then they couldnt call loan in! Pulling the O/D scared of the buyer so was left with business and the harrasssement. There is a lot more that has beeen done, like pulling O/D again, 3 weeks after my wife passed away, forced me to sell my home to pay loan and then just to add insult to injury, threw in the fact that they wanted my O/D paid off also, never mentioned previously but again another ploy to try and ruin my business, which after selling my home is all I have left. They took advantage,caused problems and stress in a time when they should have been trying to help not hinder, absolutely disgusting behaviour which I have since found out seems to be par for the course, if your partner contracts a long term illness they start causing problems. If any other person who has had similair treatment I would be intetrsted to hear.

“Could do better”

Written on: 05/03/2014 by Magdalena55 (1 review written)

Only Maestro debit cards on offer. Most businesses do not accept these but CB are oblivious. Very expensive monthly charges, terrible on- line banking, monthly standing charge or 'Admin charge' hahahahahahahaah Useless bank clerk service Just soooooooooooooo out of touch

“Bad service is the name of the game with Clydesdale,...”

Written on: 05/05/2011

Bad service is the name of the game with Clydesdale, day in , day out. Recent attempt to have a Letter of Credit opened for an overseas deal took 2 weeks to set up as everyone in the North of Scotland who knew anything about L/C's or who was potentially "effective" was on holiday ( at the SAME time ).
Business Banking manager ineffective, untrustworthy, never in , doesn't answer phone(s), e mails. Could write pages of this stuff, BAD experience after BAD experience.....trouble is, RBS are maybe just as bad and BoS not too well quoted from what I hear from business acquaintances. Never mind Bankers bonuses, lets just have some decent service. How about individual managers with their own phones who answer them when you call???
Clydesdale, BAD, BAD, BAD. Ineffective, lying, sloppy, untrustworthy, unknowledgable, remote, disinterested and anything else bad you can think of. Go elsewhere. One star showing above, this should be no stars on all categories if webmaster allowed it

“Everything about it is wrong. To transfer money to an...”

Written on: 17/11/2010

Everything about it is wrong. To transfer money to an account it takes around 3 minutes PER TRANSACTION, involving all sorts of ridiculous jumping through hoops, no matter how small the amount. The online banking is just preposterously difficult to use - I doubt they've ever tried it themselves or they'd change it straight away. Whenever they've got anything wrong (which is LOTS), their first instinct is to blame us for not understanding their systems. Transactions such as Direct Debits to third parties appear on your statement as your own company name, which is of no use whatsoever to anyone. Honestly, it's like some 6th formers set up a bank and run it on weekends. AVOID!

“I am at my absolute wits end with this particular...”

Written on: 13/10/2009

I am at my absolute wits end with this particular branch, in Clydebank, everything is stacked against the small business, just recently my bank manager decided to give me a bank loan to combine my two loans and overdraught, fine if I had asked for one, but I had not, only found out when I enquired what the two hundred pound debit was for, and was told it was a set up fee for my loan, what loan I asked, I was then told that a girl who has since returned to Canada (Lisa) had set it up,shocking, when I asked for help in times of dire need, (small haulage company) none was offered, I managed by my own efforts to survive and now that I am on the way back up I find I am trapped, they (Jim Stewart) has put a stop on my account while, he says he waits for the credit people to respond, but is happily taking £25 a day off of my account, This is the third time, possibly fourth, he has done this (daily charges)instead of giving me an overdraught for a decent amount of time, it only lasts a few months then when I eventually get a hold of him, and say weeks in advance that it is approaching renewal time,please lets not go through the charges senario, all he says is I shall have to wait for the credit people to approve, and not to worry as he is keeping an eye on things, what I am now waiting for is an amount that is less than was origionally offered as a loan, my overdraught was up nearer £10,000 and was meant to reduce to £6,000, I have approached the complaints people (Paul)and the fact that he helped himself to my cash by way of a set up fee fell on deaf ears, they did say let him see what he can come up with, so far nothing but empty excuses, this man is destroying an faith I used to have in the Clydesdale, (Customer for longer than I can remember)Also when I asked If I could come in and meet with him to discuss what was happening, he said no we dont meet customers, its all done over the phone, there appears to be no control, mismanagement would be a better word for it, I really could cry.

“My experience with this Clydesdale bank has been grim. ”

Written on: 27/07/2009

My experience with this Clydesdale bank has been grim.
The bank representatives have proved to be uniformed, ineffectual, and a waste of my time.
The website is clumsy and missing the ability to transfer funds internationally. I actually have to FAX my bank when i want to transfer fund internationally.
They only have a bacs system in place and are still testing a "same day" FAST transfer system. (All my personal accounts have had this implemented for quite some time.)
I am on this website to find someone better.

“If there was a prize for the worst business bank in...”

Written on: 20/07/2009

If there was a prize for the worst business bank in the world Clydesdale would win it every time.
The worst banking experience of my life.
I didn't realise that they were so bad until I ditched them and joined a decent bank.
The mis-sold us an endowment policy and then lied there heads of.
I am only giving the one star because the sight won't let me give a negative amount

☆☆☆☆☆

“ ”

Written on: 18/05/2009

Clydesdale bank have a history of offering finance, then closing your account days later leaving you in the cold.

DONT BE CAUGHT OUT.....................AVOID AT ALL COSTS

☆☆☆☆☆

“Phoned the Clydesdale Bank, Knightsbridge Branch about...”

Written on: 04/08/2007 by cleopatress (1 review written)

Phoned the Clydesdale Bank, Knightsbridge Branch about a Business Bank Account, as a friend recommend us to their business banking. We wanted to come in and talk to them and possibly set up an account. The man who answered the phone and asked A LOT of questions said he would find out who we could see and call me back.
When I didn't hear, I rang back the next day. He told me that we could not see them, and they would not help us, as they do not deal with start ups.
I was mortified, and as he tried to explain, I told him I was hanging up.

OMG! Do these guys not want business? Every company must start somewhere.