MV Agusta Brutale S Reviews

MV Agusta Brutale S - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for MV Agusta Brutale S

MV Agusta Brutale S
MV Agusta Brutale S

“The first time I rode the MV it was forty-five minutes...”

Written on: 06/03/2009 by Benjamin750 (1 review written)

The first time I rode the MV it was forty-five minutes before I noticed the bike was there. Literally so user-friendly. Finger-tip braking, Yet not unneccesarily harsh. Smooth power delivery, and superbly 'planted' on the road. Beautiful looking machine, and equally impressive engineering. I did 25,000 miles as a courier on 750 Brutale! With no misfunction.
Despite appearances, the thin seat is really comfortable.Whereas on the much squashier Honda seats I used to get 'square butt' after 5 or… Read Full Review

“I purchased my red MV Augusta Brutale S motorcycle...”

Written on: 16/02/2005 by runningnorth (1 review written)

I purchased my red MV Augusta Brutale S motorcycle last July - have put about 3k miles since then. Initially bike has a fairly steep learning curve - all my previous bikes where made in Japan (TL1000S, VFR800, ZX-6R, R1). The Brutale is very unJap in it's the way it interacts with the rider. It demands a lot of precision from the rider, but once mastered it is hugely entertaining - never a dull moment. Most of my riding is in the Denver metro area, and the Brutale seems in it's element with… Read Full Review

Smonchunski's Response to runningnorth's Review

Written on: 18/06/2005

I'm in Denver and also looking into a Brutale S

Read 1 Comment

“I have put 1,700 miles on my red MV Augusta Brutale S...”

Written on: 31/12/2004 by rickyrvt (1 review written)

I have put 1,700 miles on my red MV Augusta Brutale S Motorcycle. The Brutale is an incredibly stable, high revving, closely geared, thoroughbred. Initially the shifting was 'notchy' in cool weather, but has settled in during break-in to a very precise shift machine. Hydraulic clutch makes short shifting a breeze. Before purchasing, I read reviews that mentioned a stiff, racing set up on the suspension. No doubt it's stiff, but not objectionable. Given how the bike wants to be handled, it's… Read Full Review

Runningnorth's Response to 180701_rickyrvt's Review

Written on: 16/02/2005

As an owner of a 2004 Brutale S(red also), I agree with all of reviewers comments. The gearbox on my unit was stiff also during the break-in. At 3000 miles it has becomes quite fast and smooth, short shifting intuitive now.
<br>ride is race stiff, will jack-hammer you on really bad roads-still prefer it this way though. Bike never wallows or loses it's composure under any circumstances, sharp, sharp steering, great balance. Very poor fuel mileage(20mpg), no big deal. One warranty trip (false neutrals, fixed now). Cunning bike-true glory [email protected], future owners Email! Would like to know what you think of the Brute.

Runningnorth's Response to 180701_rickyrvt's Review

Written on: 17/02/2005

I agree with everything said in this review, as I own a red 2004 Brutale S also. The gearbox on my unit was also stiff during the break-in, it now has 3k miles on and gear changes are slick, positive, and fast. Truly made for short and clutchless shifting-superb! The bike is indeed very stable at speed, with ultra precise steering and sublime feedback. The ride is quite firm-bad roads at speed will jack-hammer you. The payoff for this however is the supremely balanced and telepathic handling, and the bike never, ever loses it's composure under any circumstances. The motor revs like any good supersports, but also has good mid-range punch for street work. In fact, the bike seems specifically designed for very fast street riding, which explains the short gearing...overall the Brutale is an exotic, sensual machine with tons of character. I'm glad I bought it and recommend it to anyone looking for a unique, beautiful, and fast street ride!

Read 2 Comments