Admiral Home Insurance Reviews

Admiral Home Insurance - Ask a question now

“Theft Claim declined as a group were let in”

Written on: 02/10/2017 by dwoo84 (1 review written)

To finish a night out invited a close friend and a couple of his associates over to realise that two very valuable watches were stolen by one individual whom had left. Police called, spoken to my insurance to be told as they were allowed in I am not covered. Shocked isn't the word. … Read Full Review

“Hopeless do not use”

Written on: 18/09/2017 by sgSnow481 (1 review written)

They use the cheapest they can get pass the buck to another hopeless company please search around worth paying a little more than the hassle of this outfit… Read Full Review

“Unhelpful staff”

Written on: 19/06/2017 by DrewFox241 (1 review written)

Just suffered a burglary and response from helpful appalling. Will never take insurance with them again… Read Full Review

“Crooks”

Written on: 07/06/2017 by Cormier376 (1 review written)

Had a shed break in, tools and copper wire were taken, police report done,me and my ex broke up and he left everything, been doing a rewrire and all tools and surplus wire was in shed, apparently me been female they don't believe a women should have this stuff, all reciepts give were in my ex name, my daughters bike her farther bought isn't covered all due to am not at finacial loss, the items were left to me when we split, the items were on the property, I have given reciepts for most of the… Read Full Review

“Ina's review of Admiral”

Written on: 10/02/2017 by Ina4 (1 review written)

I liked dealing with Admiral, their policy seemed the best and not the most expensive but covered what was needed by me and my family so thank you for that, would use you again … Read Full Review

“Excellent service, pleasant and helpful staff”

Written on: 20/08/2016 by EmeryPeck1951 (1 review written)

Customer service fantastic - helpful and knowledgeable staff - would definitely recommend… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/12/2016

I wish all the luminaries who put excellent reviews on the fact that the person who sold them the policy was polite and helpful. I wish they would put reviews on the service they got while claiming for something.
At the moment, those people are completely distorting the idea of having a reviews website. It's useless.

“Good fast service!”

Written on: 19/06/2016 by RonaldYoung156 (1 review written)

Had no problems sorting out home insurance. Everything was very clear on contents cover. Compared to other insurance companies this gave the best cover and value! I would recommend cover to friends and family… Read Full Review

Read 1 Comment

“Feel like I have been mugged”

Written on: 17/06/2016 by Hippychris (6 reviews written)

Got a policy with Admiral a while ago and all has been well until I changed my address..The new property is more secure with gated access and security, I am on the second floor so no one pops in through my Windows. so I am a little surprised when I am told that even with my no claims discount my policy price has nearly doubled. Not only that but as I checked out other companies before I changed my address thats an extortionate amount compared to other quotes.. and they are going to charge me… Read Full Review

Hippychris's Response to Hippychris's Review

Written on: 20/06/2016

As an update on this.. I finally managed to cancel my policy with them after 3 days of them having IT issues.. the leaving price has gone up.. I have had an insurance policy for 6 months and the amount they charged me to leave them after paying them for 6 months was £3 short of the entire price of the policy... work that out of you can

Fblack's Response to Hippychris's Review

Written on: 19/09/2016

Yes. I agree. Same thing happened to me. It's really important that you read the documents they send you by email especially what they intend to take off your card, because they don't tell you the whole story on the phone. I had 6 months left under my current policy which had cost £165 for the whole year and they were going to add on a further £90 for the 6 months on my new, much smaller and safer house, or refund me £14 if I cancelled fully. A joke! I did get it sorted out eventually - they came back and said the computer had made a mistake with the refund price but had I not picked up on it and worked out the figures, i would have been sailed down the river. Don't use this company if you're moving house mid-term.
Not sure what they are like for dealing with claims, as I never had the misfortune of that, but I'm not waiting about to find out!

Hippychris's Response to Hippychris's Review

Written on: 22/06/2016

and a further update: Despite me giving Admiral my card details at 2pm in the afternoon they waited until 3am the following day and made repeated attempts to take the £60. This resulted in the bank putting a stop on my card as they thought it had been cloned and has left me without a bank card just as I go on holiday.. I do however have a stroppy message from Admiral saying I have 48 hours to pay up as their attempt to get the money ( 3 times.. total £180) failed and if I don't pay there will be extra charges.. even though I can no longer pay with my debit card as they had it stopped by trying to take multiple instances of the money in the first place... if I didn't know better I would have said that constituted attempted theft as they have no other explanation for 3 attempts to take the same money apart from a "clerical error".

Read 3 Comments

“basic level home insurance”

Written on: 11/06/2016 by Reaganu146 (1 review written)

I went with Admiral because it came lowest on Compare the Market.com. But it is not as great as it seemed, when you read the details. For example, items in a shed or garage are not covered. I thought I had 14 days grace to cancel my insurance but was told I would be charged about £25 administration fee,so I have stuck with it for this year. Pity, as I have car insurance with Admiral and I thought I would have been treated more fairly. … Read Full Review

“Very helpful”

Written on: 11/06/2016 by Perkins296 (1 review written)

Found the Admiral staff member extremely helpful when cArrying out my buildings and contents quotation. Was happy to go through my quote from existing insurer in great detail which was comforting. In addition all questions / doubts were answered satisfactorily. It was also pleasing that the staff member checked whether I was entitled to a loyalty / package discount on my quote. As I have my car insurance with admiral- luckily this was the case. One negative was that I was expecting a call… Read Full Review

Read 1 Comment

“Thanks for the help now we have car and house...”

Written on: 09/06/2016 by MiltonRobb233 (1 review written)

Thanks for the help now we have car and house insurance all in the same place makes sense really… Read Full Review

“CHEAP FOR A REASON”

Written on: 08/06/2016 by HENDO4645 (1 review written)

CHEAP FOR A REASON, TRIED TO MAKE A CLAIM ON HOUSE INSURANCE DUE TO LEAK FROM BATHROOM, SURVEYOR ARRIVED WAS VERY RUDE AND MADE EVERY EXCUSE TO AVOID CLAIM GOING THROUGH IT WAS CLEAR FROM THE START OF THE VISIT HIS JOB WAS TO DECLINE THE CLAIM. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!… Read Full Review

“Excellent, as expected”

Written on: 08/06/2016 by Hicks162 (1 review written)

UK based call centre with a friendly, approachable person at the end of the line. Chatted and explained all the processes of moving our house insurance to Admiral.Took the anxiety out of the changeover. As I expected having been a car insurance customer for some years - never had a bad experience with Admiral. Far from it, always helpful and knowledgeable… Read Full Review

Read 1 Comment

“Building and Contents Insurance Review”

Written on: 06/06/2016 by PorterNelson428 (1 review written)

Really pleased with the quote for building and contents insurance. The quote I accepted was nearly £200 less than the renewal price given by my previous insurance provider. I went for the privilege insurance cover as it seems to offer a very comprehensive cover. The customer service operator was very helpful and explained the cover to me… Read Full Review

“Very helpful company”

Written on: 05/06/2016 by Jayden264 (1 review written)

I was impressed with the time given to fully answer questions. I found some services charged extra by other insurers are included making Admiral cheaper than those appearing cheaper at first glance… Read Full Review

Read 1 Comment

“easy and straightforward ”

Written on: 04/06/2016 by Snow94 (1 review written)

Easy and straightforward process no hard sell. The service was first class… Read Full Review

“Seamless experience, no hiccups”

Written on: 03/06/2016 by TawhidR (1 review written)

Renewed my home insurance from a pure online company to Admiral. I've got car insurance with Admiral and like their customer service - they can answer the questions you expect them to answer and the online system just works without any hiccups. I think they should send out the policy certificate by post as default… Read Full Review

Dominique1's Response to TawhidR's Review

Read 1 Comment

“insurance call centre very difficult ”

Written on: 03/06/2016 by llCooke288 (1 review written)

Very difficult to do online then had to call them, call centre obviously ready of a question card couldn't answer a few questions. very stressful, had to have it done on day of exchange so needed to do it otherwise I think I would of put phone down. this was 3 weeks ago and still no policy has arrived, did get a letter from them about policy so all has gone through ok… Read Full Review

“Home insurance ”

Written on: 03/06/2016 by EvieGillespie74 (1 review written)

I cannot really comment on this, as I've had no dealings with anyone, but more importantly I've not received any policy or anything for that matter, so I currently don't know if my house is insured… Read Full Review

“Buildings and contents insurance ”

Written on: 01/06/2016 by Cunninghamjz13 (1 review written)

After getting a quote I called and went into more detail with telesales staff. They were very helpful and knowledgeable and able to explain details in simple terms. They covered all the legal aspects and ensured I had the right cover to enable me to complete my house move and start builds work. They did ask me about other deals they had on and about my car insurance and if they could get me better deal, but didn't press me to buy more cover. All documents were quickly sent to me via email and… Read Full Review