Budget Insurance Reviews - budgetinsurance.com

Media Gallery for Budget Insurance Reviews - budgetinsurance.com

Specification for Budget Insurance Reviews - budgetinsurance.com

“Renewal”

written by Miller1964 on 11/06/2024

Not often your renewal is similar price to new quotes. I’m registered with confused and all the quotes that beat my renewal was either a company I didn’t want to go with or had an inferior product. Well done budget. Got me for at least another year

“Do not use budget they are sharks in suits . At all...”

written by Johngoodwin345 on 08/06/2024

Do not use budget they are sharks in suits . At all points of my quotes with them they hiked the price for any arbitrary reason . Also their co conspirators LV the underwriters were orchestrating the sharp practices.

“Straightforward and nothing hidden in small print”

written by KateFiatPunto on 02/06/2024

No sneaky extras added, nothing to trip you up along the way, nothing hidden. For once, a company who tell you everything up front so you can make an informed decision. Obviously the price was good too, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.

Customer_Team's Response to KateFiatPunto's Review

Hi

Thank you for your 5 star review!

Budget Insurance Social Media Team

“A truly horrible experience. Centauro disregarded my...”

written by CodyByrd491 on 02/06/2024

A truly horrible experience. Centauro disregarded my hearing disability and wrongfully signed me up for their’smart’ insurance even though I neither wanted or needed it. €300 down the drain which they refused to cancel when I read my bill with horror. Absolutely no stars for customer experience from me.

Hi

Thank you for leaving your review!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and you have been unable to cancel your policy.

Please call our customer service team and request to speak to the social media team and we can look in to the issues you have raised.

“no good ”

written by roman1234 on 02/06/2024

was good when i star have insurance with this compeny and now they make lots of excuses of pandemic COVID , war ukraine or Gaza God knows what is next . cost of living they nont care typical for British Compeny any od sorts how, that what we got this days ! and i will looking for another car insurance soon

Customer_Team's Response to roman1234's Review

Written on: 10/06/2024

Hi

Thank you for leaving your review!

I'm sorry to see your unhappy with the price were are able to offer you.

If you would like to discuss this feedback further, please call our customer service team and request to speak to the social media team.

“No ageism here”

written by Mikeycricket on 23/05/2024

I'm 83 this year and retired 10 yrs ago. During my employment l would drive anything be,tween 65,000 to 75,000 miles a year. During that time I'd not had a 'my fault' accident. Since then, a clean sheet (touch wood). I received my renewal yesterday to find my fee. What a shock, they wanted almost £1000 more than last year. I then l went looking for a qoute that was more realistic and found budget insurance. Whilst the qoute was twice the price l paid last year it was by far the most reasonable. If this process had been for a JOB, the prices being asked for would have amounted to nothing but pure AGEISM. If l had the money l would try prosecuting them on the pure grounds the of AGISM SO THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR TAKING ME ON AS A CLIENT. All being well I'll be back next year.

Customer_Team's Response to Mikeycricket's Review

Hi

Thank you for your 5 star review!

I'm pleased to hear we were able to offer you a competitive quote

“Satisfactory quotation.”

written by tonymolyneux on 23/05/2024

Having used a couple of comparison motor insurance renewal web sites, Budget was by far the most competitive price. The policy, including several extras, gives me exactly the insurance cover my wife and I require. The proposal form even gave a small discount for number of years since passing driving test, thus recognising driving experience.

Customer_Team's Response to tonymolyneux's Review

Written on: 05/06/2024

Hi

Thank you for your 5 star review. I'm pleased to hear we were able to offer you a competitive quote for the cover you need!

“Patience testing”

written by Silverbacktoo on 22/05/2024

Call centre is in South Africa and phone connection is average at best. Call handlers are not familiar with policies. ie NCD can be transferred between vehicle types ie car to van. This company is based in the Peterborough area but no UK helpline is available. The call handlers were polite and as helpful as they could be but needed to keep referring to team leaders. My renewal took ages and my new vehicle policy price was not available until it had been actioned. My case was slightly out of the ordinary and the online renewals maybe easier and smoother. Good luck with that one.

Customer_Team's Response to Silverbacktoo's Review

Written on: 10/06/2024

Thank you for leaving your review.

I am sorry to hear you found the customer service you recently received from our team was not as easy as you had hoped.

We appreciate the feedback left to help improve our services for the future!

Budget Insurance Social Media Team

“After two successful years being with Budget, this...”

written by on 19/05/2024

After two successful years being with Budget, this year there were problems. Firstly, as I had not received a renewal email, I phoned them, which turned out to be a call centre in South Africa. This made the conversation difficult to understand at times. There were errors in my cover, plus an excessive premium price hike, but negotiation was not an option. I later discovered that when the renewal payment was attempted, it was declined (Barclays Bank error)! When I phoned them about this, I was told there would be an automatic charge of £20 for a declined payment, on the 2nd attempt. However, this was charged on the 1st attempt. After a heated discussion with Budget stating this was not my error, they still refused to refund the charge. To sum up, I would not recommend Budget Car Insurance, mainly due to their under-hand practices and non-UK based call centre.

Written on: 23/05/2024

Thank you for leaving your review.

I'm sorry to see your unhappy with the charges relating to your policy.

Written on: 29/05/2024

Thank you for leaving your review.
I'm sorry to see your unhappy with the automatic renewal process and premium we were able to offer this year.

Written on: 28/05/2024

Thank you for leaving your review.
I'm sorry to see we were not able to offer a competitive premium this year and you found it difficult understanding the agent you spoke with.

Budget Insurance Social Media Team

“Budget is not the right word”

written by Rancie on 14/05/2024

I thought I got insurance with Budget for a good price, but mistakenly went with confused.com to find moneysupermarket.com was cheaper after I had paid for the insurance with Confused.com I bought Car insurance with Budget via confused.com It was fully comprehensive with a protected NCD, Legal insurance and windscreen cover, No other extras. I questioned confused.com and they said to contact Budget about the price change? Yet - to bring that up with them. I'd looked at all the insurance companies that did Budget and confused.com was the only one with a reasonable price at the time. It was only after I'd paid for it on the Budget website, did it then throw up that I could have paid £20 less with moneysupermarket.com I am shocked that Budget never noticed the amount being paid into a new insurance was higher than the lower paid one, the Bot they have on their website didn't see my amount could've been cheaper with a different company before letting me go ahead with the transaction. I could have been prompted! THIS would bring in more customers if Budget had this available before paying the price for insurance found. This would bring more customers to trust Budget, rather than leaving a sour taste in one's mouth over an experience like this.

Customer_Team's Response to Rancie's Review

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I apologise that you have found your premium cheaper using a different comparison site. Every comparison site that you use will apply different discount amounts to the total cost of our policy, meaning you can get a different premium on every comparison site you use. Unfortunately, this is out of our control as we provide the same base level price to every comparison site.

Budget Insurance Social Media Team

“Used this company for a few year's ”

written by NeilAvensis on 14/05/2024

I have used Budget Insurance for a number of years now, if you want competitive prices, no frills online service, I have found this company absolutely fine.

Customer_Team's Response to NeilAvensis's Review

Hi

Thank you for your 5 star review. I'm pleased to hear you are happy with our prices and online services.

Budget Insurance Social Media Team

“Very cheap I think best price I could find so very happy ”

written by MacieCampbell330 on 13/05/2024

Very happy with the yearly price cheapest I could find quick and easy on line would highly recommend very happy

Hi

Thank you for your 5 star review. I'm pleased to hear you would recommend us based of our competitive prices.

“Competitive and straight-forward”

written by ManxExile2 on 06/05/2024

After my insurance company of many years put my quote up 95% (32 years no claims!) I looked around! Through a teachers' website, I found Budget. Pleased with the quote - cheaper than last year - and trust Pilot looked positive with 4.3 out of 5. There are always several people who are unhappy but I read through the negatives and they were not all bringing up the same issue. So, I've gone with Budget.

Customer_Team's Response to ManxExile2's Review

Written on: 09/05/2024

Hi

Thank you for your review.

It's great to hear abut your experience when setting up your policy.

Budget Insurance Social Media Team

“Nothing special about their insurance”

written by SantoshMattu1 on 05/05/2024

.. Overpriced .. Very time wasting to have to contact budget to opt out of renewal.Renewal should not be automatic ...not much included in the insurance. Customer has to pay extra for everything. ..

Customer_Team's Response to SantoshMattu1's Review

Written on: 09/05/2024

Thank you for leaving your review.
I'm sorry to see your unhappy with the automatic renewal on your policy.

“Charges for everything.”

written by naomimccrone on 29/04/2024

Only advised of charges on the payment page. £30 deduction for cancelling even in the first 14 days. All admin is charged for. Even though the customer is doing the admin. only a budget choice of no changes are made. Not impressed. The lady on the phone was lovely but that was just luck. She will probably be reprimanded for being human.

Customer_Team's Response to naomimccrone's Review

Thank you for leaving your review.
I'm sorry to see your unhappy with the charges we have within our policies.

Budget Insurance Social Media Team

“What's my marital status got to do with you?”

written by Skylari330 on 28/04/2024

You assumed my marital status and I attempted to correct it...Big mistake .premium increased by over £80 pa So I have left you to assume what you like....

Hi

Thank you for leaving your review. I'm sorry to hear about the incorrect details listed on your policy.
If you would like to discuss this further, please call our customer service team and request to speak to the social media team.

Herupnorth's Comment

Written on: 30/04/2024

No I wouldn't..but I will just say this...
Why should a quote increase whether a person is married, single, widowed or divorced ?
I'm not insuring myself or another person !
And marital status shouldn't affect a person's liability any more than gender shouldn't.

“All good”

written by Chrisg33 on 27/04/2024

Been with them for 3 years now, always a competitive renewal price, not worth changing to another company just to save a few quid. Never had a claim in all that time, so cant comment on the customer service, but what I have seen is good

Customer_Team's Response to Chrisg33's Review

Hi

It's great to see you've been with us for 3 years. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your great review.

“happy customer”

written by aaCarr251 on 27/04/2024

second time with budget cant fault this company.would recommend to family and friends all day long

Hi

Thank you for your great 5 star review. It's great to hear you would recommend us!

“good sound ins.”

written by Greyladytoo on 26/04/2024

I found the application form easy to fill in and the price very competitive.I have used Budget insurance before and the staff a pleasure to deal with thank you Budget.

Customer_Team's Response to Greyladytoo's Review

Written on: 29/04/2024

Hi

Thank you for your review and feedback. I'm pleased to hear you found the price very competitive!

Budget Insurance Social Media Team

“My first time with Budget Insurance.”

written by 4Dimi on 23/04/2024

I have previously chosen my insurance carefully from a select band of known companies. This was my first time using a comparison site and so far have been highly impressed with the follow up service from Budget Insurance.

Customer_Team's Response to 4Dimi's Review

Written on: 25/04/2024

Hi

Thank you for your great 5 star review. Welcome to Budget Insurance!

Asked by Ronyrr on 1st November 2023 Report this content
Please can you send me your email address so I can send you the proof of my bonus

Report this content Ronyrr Written on: 04/11/2023
I don't received your email address
Asked by HusseinAmin on 31st October 2023 Report this content
I increased my volunteer excess, but the current amount goes up. Why?

Asked by Ronyrr on 4th October 2023 Report this content
Hi where do I need to send the proof of no claim bonus

Report this content Chris2308 Written on: 31/10/2023
You just need to ask Budget for an email or postal address.
Asked by peterslaughter on 3rd January 2023 Report this content
Is it cheaper to have a multi car insurance?

Report this content Chris2308 Written on: 03/01/2023
No idea, never used it so you'll just have to do your own research across the various quoting sites.
Asked by Blueyorkie on 29th November 2018 Report this content
I took out a car insurance policy on 20-11-18 and am considering cancelling, is there a fee to pay or do I get the statutory 14 days cooling off period?

you get the 14 days
Asked by M.pearson on 24th October 2018 Report this content
Can I change my car insurance to another car on line?

doubtful I would think