Smile SmileMore Current Account Reviews

3.9
  • Ease of use

Smile SmileMore Current Account - Ask a question now

“My smilemore account has had me grinding my teeth...”

written by on 10/10/2010

My smilemore account has had me grinding my teeth instead. It has been impossible to keep track of my account. Frequently I have checked my account online and at a cash machine only to find that the balance shown was inaccurate and I got charged another 30 quid. So far I must have paid over 500 quid in charges this way. It is also very difficult to close the account and transfer direct debits - the co-operative bank is being deliberately uncooperative! They are now trying to add 13 quid monthly subscription after I have officially closed the account. Avoid this one unless you have lts of spare cash

“SmileMore Current Account compares well to the other...”

written by bluecoffeeman1 on 11/05/2009

SmileMore Current Account compares well to the other providers. The website is easy to use, making payments etc. Can view a number of accounts on the same page, including credit card.
The accounts are well laid out.
Secure messages is a good way of dealing with the bank.
Customer services very helpful

“In todays economic myre, moving to a co-operative...”

written by Morgo444 on 26/11/2008

In todays economic myre, moving to a co-operative owned bank is a great idea. You actually become a member of the business and recieve annual cash bonuses if you use a co-op card and collect points at any of the co-op businesses (travel/supermarkets/pharmacys). Theres also rumour that Britannia Building Society (also member owned) are to join forces to make the two a very strong presence in the banking sector! Get on board now!

“Been with smile for 7 years now and intend to stay -...”

written by on 27/05/2008

Been with smile for 7 years now and intend to stay - was formerly with Natwest who disappointed me. Excellent response times, great cashback credit card and gold card with a low APR, good saving account and easy to use web site - easy to manage your money/transfers/payments etc.

“Smile SmileMore Current Account is good value all for ...”

written by hoggylisa on 08/04/2008

Smile SmileMore Current Account is good value all for £10 per month you also get the first £260 of your overdraft interest free then the rest at a reduced rate of interest worth the money

“My whole experience with Smile has been a happy one. ...”

written by monkeytrousers on 29/09/2005

My whole experience with Smile has been a happy one. Great customer service, money transferred quickly, customer emails responded to as quick as a flash, and when I did go overdrawn, the charge they made was so very low compared to most other banks. They also upped my overdraft limit so that I didn't get charged in the future. I highly recommend Smile and their current account. It has been far superior to the service I have received in the past from the likes of Natwest, HSBC and Halifax.

“Started off ok but as soon as I queried an overdraft...”

written by alexandkate on 05/08/2005

Started off ok but as soon as I queried an overdraft charge (charged even though I had money in their savings account) they didn't want to know, they were happier to see me leave than try to offer me incentives to stay.
No longer impressed, will be banking elsewhere in future.