Toshiba PDR-M25 Reviews

Resolution 2.2
Optical Zoom 3
Battery Type Alkaline

Features:
  • 2.0 megapixel sensor creates 1792 x 1200 images for prints at sizes up to 8 x 10 inches
  • 3x optical zoom and 2x digital zoom for 6x total
  • Included 8 MB SmartMedia card holds 14 images at default settings
  • Connects with PCs and Macs via USB port
  • Uses 4 AA-type batteries (alkaline batteries included)
  • Refine your search

“My Toshiba PDR-M25 is was a great camera, now it says...”

written by on 25/01/2008

My Toshiba PDR-M25 is was a great camera, now it says door open but all doors are closed it I can't use it. I have been trying to find someone to help me with this problem but can't seem to find anyone

“I bought the Toshiba PDR-M25 digital camera over 3 1/2...”

written by PookyMounchy on 14/02/2006

I bought the Toshiba PDR-M25 digital camera over 3 1/2 years ago, and I still use it almost every day. It takes good quality outdoor pictures, and the macro mode works well. It's a little chunky, and not one to easily fit in a pocket. Starting up is a little slow, about 5 seconds with auto-focusing.

After taking over 15,000 pictures, and keeping about 3500, I feel that I deserve to upgrade, possibly to a Fuji Finepix Z2. I still love this camera, and it's good for those who are new to digital cameras.

“As a semi-professional, I have dozens of cameras, but...”

written by Zildjean on 25/08/2005

As a semi-professional, I have dozens of cameras, but the Toshiba PDR-M25 is my favorite knock-around camera. The controls are very simple, and it's not fussy to use. I find myself picking it up when I leave the house.

There is an optional attachment that lets you use standard 43MM lenses with this camera, which greatly increases its usefulness for me.

The one bad note about this camera is it eats batteries! This is especially true when it is attached to a PC via a USB cable, or even when (oddly enough) it is attached to the a/c adapter.

Toshiba seems totally oblivious to this.

As a result, I never store this camera with batteries in it. They are always dead when I try to turn the camera on.

Also, I have a universal card reader attached to my PC, so I get around the USB problem by popping the internal memory card out.

This takes standard AA batteries, so it's easy enough to get hold of batteries for this little digital junkie anywhere you need to.

“The Toshiba PDR-M25 was my first digital camera...”

written by kkm593 on 20/11/2004

The Toshiba PDR-M25 was my first digital camera following my Olympus OM20. The camera is easy to use and is a great camera to start digital photography.
    Outdoors the results are excellent certainly up to SLR quality but indoors they are only reasonable, this is the case with virtually all digital cameras in this price range.
    I am now in the process of buying a 6mp camera (thanks to Review Centre) but I will keep my PDR-M25 and continue to use it.