Ford Fiesta 1.1 Festival Reviews

Ford Fiesta 1.1 Festival - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ford Fiesta 1.1 Festival

Ford Fiesta 1.1 Festival
Ford Fiesta 1.1 Festival

“nice car, had for 2 years and only let me down once. ...”

Written on: 26/11/2009

nice car, had for 2 years and only let me down once. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a cheap run around, wish it wasn't yellow - although I can find it easily in supermarket carparks.

“This Ford Fiesta 1.1 Festival is actually my second...”

Written on: 05/08/2004 by MadSquirrel (1 review written)

This Ford Fiesta 1.1 Festival is actually my second car, which I bought after passing my test last year. Previously I'd had a Rover Maestro whilst learning to drive, but we won't go into that!

The car is actually one model above the LX, hence comes with sunroof, velour trim, tinted windows and wider tyres (most MkIII Fiestas have 155/70R13s, this one came with 165/65R13s), hence better cornering. I've since fitted a set of Ford alloy rims and Continental Sport Contact 185/50R14 tyres, which has made the handling nothing short of amazing.

Flat out downhill with a following wind you'll get 116mph, but it'll easily cruise at 95-100mph along the level, or even a slight incline. The bad news is that being only a 1.1 it'll take a little while to wind it up to the ton, but on the plus side you'll still get 45mpg whilst doing so.

Brakes are excellent, even with the original 165mm tyres, and in an emergency the car stops with quite a jolt. With 185mm low profile tyres (these are fitted as standard to the 1.6Si model) it'll stop so quickly that if you wear glasses they'll hit the dashboard.

One word of warning - if the outside temperature is very cold, wait for the engine to drop to slow idle mode before driving off, otherwise it may cut out. This has happened to me twice when the temperature has been below freezing, and requires you to crank the starter with the throttle fully open to restart. Other than this, it's never failed to start on me. I'll be very reluctant to get rid of it, and am hoping to be able to pass it on to my better half when the time comes to change it.

In summary then, it's an excellent first car, or if you have a two-car household a great choice for a second car.

Dave1956's Response to MadSquirrel's Review

Written on: 02/12/2005

My Daughter has the same car and also suffers with the same problem when very cold, however, it has been in the family for approximately 5 years and has proved to be fairly reliable.

Read 1 Comment

“Spent £175 on a 1988 E reg, turquoise MK2 Fiesta...”

Written on: 25/05/2004 by cmcbride98 (1 review written)

Spent £175 on a 1988 E reg, turquoise MK2 Fiesta Festival. It's a 1.1 but suprisingly nippy to 60 because of the lack of wieght. I would like to know if there is another in the world, because I can't imagine there is!

Jordanthecarr's Response to 156605_cmcbride98's Review

Written on: 03/07/2009

I bought a 1988 F Reg ford fiesta festival. Has only clocked 15,000 miles with no rust and pratically new inside :D I only payed 100 pounds for it and I love it.

Read 1 Comment