Carrington Riding Centre Cheshire Reviews

Carrington Riding Centre Cheshire - Ask a question now

“Need to call rspca ”

Written on: 06/04/2022 by Alden495 (1 review written)

Worst riding school I've ever been to. The horses are all lame and still being used. The horses all have matted muck stuck to under their belly and legs which is being rubbed by the tack. A couple horses have died recently due to lack of care. The owner is a horrible woman looking at new ways of taking people's money with no thought or care going into the horses wellbeing. The horses are stood on concrete throughout the winter 24/7. 1 star is too high a rating. If I could give a 0 I would!

“Disgraceful Attitude”

Written on: 24/10/2020 by Alexus441 (1 review written)

We have been to this school for several month and their attitude towards their customers has always left something to be desired. Recently we had to rearrange a SED to move the booking claiming that you just pay again which is atrocious. They are rude and aggressive on the phone and dont care what you think - just pay them more. We looked at booking a Birthday party and paying hundreds of pounds and we asked if there was a contingency if the weather was really bad and they said you just have to pay whatever the weather. In the summer the horses looked exhausted and over worked. I wouldn't recommend this center at all.

“Rude ”

Written on: 18/10/2019 by Libby15 (1 review written)

My two 3-year-old had lessons on the 25th August at Carrington Riding Centre, which was an absolutely disaster. We were told to move twice to eventually arrive at our riding court. My husband and I are each with one boy. I witnessed how the young lady instructor shouted at my husband in front of everyone to ask him not to follow. While the fact is the instructor has not given any instructions to him and we made the manager aware of this. Even worse, once the instructor has finished taking my older boy (with daddy) for a ride, she walked to the next family and made comments about my husband and my older boy, meanwhile gave that hopeless look with shaking her head. I was the one next to them and this made me upset. When it came to my round, first thing the instructor said was "keep on that track! Go to the track!" I can't believe I got shouted as well, especially during the course no one has informed me about the track and where to keep. I was so upset and brought up her attitude towards my husband and older boy, she then said "would you rather have him fall off the pony?" I can't believe my ear and asked her how could she say that as a mom I want my boy to fall off a pony. I asked her would anyone say something like this to a parent? The rest of the course went OK. Then at the end after returning helmets, I made a request to talk to the manager. Just as I started saying my bad experience at the school, she said immediately "I was told you were rude to her". As a manager she can't care less about the quality of the course they provide to parent/kid. She made the comment many times that they've given 800 classes and never got a single complaint and this instructor never had any issue before (now reading some other reviews that's apparently not true). I told her this is not the right attitude a business owner should have when facing customer complaint. I insisted to leave both mine and my husband's contact details and ask the manager to investigate and come back to us. I have not heard back from her in a month, so I phoned back on 29th September to follow up. Another woman took message for the manager, who eventually called me back on the 30th. She said she lost our contact info and basically saying the instructor was having a bad day, and she was rude to me only because I was rude first. I can't accept this and thus this review. We will definitely not return to Carrington. It's a shame as it's close to us and my boys like riding. It broke my heart that both boys had to witness their parents been shouted during class.

Aarcole12's Comment

Written on: 29/11/2019

Hello, as explained on all the other reviews that you have written,unfortunately the story that you tell isn't the same story that our instructor and other parents reported to me.
I wasn't in the arena at the time of the incident and have tried to explain to you several times that I can only act on the version of events that I have received by all parties.
Our instructor was only trying to keep your children safe when you and your husband decided to take photos of your children on the ponies whilst you were supposed to be leading. This could have been very dangerous and the instructor was having a lot of difficulty getting you to listen to her instructions.
As you refused to listen and proceeded to attack the instructor verbally, she got very upset and retaliated. The other parents who were leading and watching the lesson confirmed your behaviour and one in particular actually came to get me to diffuse the situation whilst I was serving in our cafe as she felt very sorry for the instructor.
I have tried my best to explain this to you on several occasions, however you have refused to listen to anybody else's version of events and insist that you are right.
I have also explained to you that although we feel our instructor acted in the best interests of your children, we still have provided some further training for her on how to deal with situations such as these if they arise again. I'm really not sure what else I can do?
You do have lovely children and really hope you can find an alternative riding school where they can continue their love of riding.
Wishing you all the very best for the future :)

Read 1 Comment

“We are a group of adults celebrating a birthday”

Written on: 27/07/2017

We are a group of over 25's to 50s and we went to celebrate my daughters birthday.We are all novices and although a lot of apprehension we were all excited.The girl trainer who explained and talked us through everything was really lovely and made everyone at ease.We all did some trotting within the arena and then we all ventured around the paddock which was so much fun.The horses were all calm and lovely.The riding centre has a great cafe for those who want to watch and all staff friendly.Thank you for our experience.

“Brilliant!”

Written on: 13/08/2013 by rockette123 (1 review written)

Fantastic helpful staff, brilliant instructors and happy healthy horses that are willing to be ridden. I believe that I had kim for my first private lesson and she was relatively new but she was so encouraging and complimentary to me it made me feel like I could ride and she made me feel so happy throughout the whole lesson and not worried about if I did something wrong. She never shouted at me or ridiculed me once. She also let me rest a few times when I got out of breath ( never rushed me ) She took me around the whole stables/farm at the end of my lesson on the horse explaining to me what buildings were and the horses and what the plants were. Overall it was the best riding lesson that I had EVER had. Couldn't of asked for a better experience. FANTASTIC SCHOOL WITH AMAZING STAFF AND FACILITIES. Also the boss is lovely too!

“PONY PARTY ”

Written on: 24/02/2013 by MUM72 (1 review written)

Just had my daughters 9th birthday party here . It was very well organised and staff were very friendly. Sharon was very helpful and the food was well worth it. Would recommend having your pony party here. The party was for 17 children who thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

“Carrington Riding Centre”

Written on: 26/02/2012

A lovely riding school. I started riding there 6 months ago and I felt welcome from the first day I was there! Really friendly staff. A wide variety of horses to suit all needs. All horses are friendly and obedient with the rare bad day. I started riding there and started my ABRS helpers course there. The friendly instructors have really helped me understand how to look after a horse correctly, as well as ride perfectly too! Amazing lessons with lots of different variety in what you do. Instructors push you that bit further to help you succeed in your riding. A cafe serving lovely food, where you can watch others riding while having a bite to eat! The brand new horse simulator is also a great way to improve your riding, and adds variety to everything equine. A wonderful shop on site selling good equestrian brands at an amazing price. I would reccomend this riding school to anyone wanting to ride! The best in Manchester I would say.

“Best birthday party ever. My daughter had her birthday...”

Written on: 28/03/2011

Best birthday party ever. My daughter had her birthday party at this riding school last sunday and I can honestly say it was the best party that I have ever been to. The staff were wonderful, so friendly and so lovely with all the children. It was really well organised with the children getting a chance to ride and groom and look after the ponies. The food provided was excellent and there was far too much of everything. Really lovely place and brilliant for childrenn and families. Definitely would recommend and thanks to Sharon, Leanne and Bianca for making our day perfect.

“I am not a horse rider at all....but have had a few...”

Written on: 10/02/2011

I am not a horse rider at all....but have had a few lessons at Carrington....It was so much fun....the staff put me totally at ease...I found the whole experience completely delightful and look forward to riding off into the sunset with my Prince Charming one day...(seperate horse of course!)
Cant wait for my next lesson...Its the highlight of my week!!

“A Fantastic day out! ”

A Fantastic day out!

Friendly staff, great instructors who really know their stuff.

A nice cafe with great food and a good cup of tea.

Beautiful surroundings and well looked after horses.

Can't wait for my next visit.

“I've been going to Carrington Riding Centre for many...”

Written on: 10/02/2011

I've been going to Carrington Riding Centre for many years and it must be one of the best riding schools in the Manchester area. There is a good range of horses, indoor arena is great for evening lessons and the staff are very professional. There have been a lot of changes lately and a lot of improvements with the new management.

“As an experienced rider looking for a suitable riding...”

Written on: 24/10/2010 by Caroline D (2 reviews written)

As an experienced rider looking for a suitable riding school both for myself and my 7 year old daughter who was a complete beginner, I visited many riding schools in the area. Unlike many others in the area Carrington Riding centre ticked EVERY box. The staff are all very experienced, polite, patient, reassuring, and welcoming. The horses are healthy, well trained, safe and cater for riders of all shapes and sizes from nervous or excitable toddlers to advanced adults.
My daughter has progressed so much in 8 months due to the outstanding teaching she has received and from being a complete novice she can now canter confidently on her own.
Whereas many riding schools put the children on the same couple of ponies week after week,she is encouraged to ride a different pony each lesson thereby preventing her from becoming reliant on a pony's individual habits.
The group lessons are never too large therefore the riders get ample attention and opportunity to trot, canter, jump etc. The lessons are always fun and the riders receive constant praise, reassurance and riding instruction rather than just going round and round the arena as I have experienced at many other establishments. Each rider's ability is constantly assessed and whenever it is appropriate he or she is moved up to the next class.
I also ride in an adult class one evening a week and again, I am very impressed with both the instructors and the horses. Despite having ridden since childhood I feel that I learn more each time I ride at the centre and the horses are always a pleasure to ride.
The cafe provides a cosy and welcoming place for parents or spectators to watch whilst enjoying a steaming hot mug of tea, coffee, hot chocolate and a muffin, toastie etc.
There is also a well stocked and very reasonably priced shop on site selling everything from riding boots and jodphurs to stocking fillers for horse-mad kids.
During the school holidays the centre also holds exciting activities and Fun days for riders of all abilities and ages. I spent one of the most exhilerating days of my life galloping on the beach with a group from the centre whilst my daughter played in the sand and paddled in the sea with staff from the centre.
The centre even organises pony parties for kids' birthdays and corporate events for adults.
All in all I would not hesitate to recommend the centre to novices and advanced riders alike.

“I went to Carrington Riding Centre today with my...”

Written on: 29/09/2010

I went to Carrington Riding Centre today with my university and what an amazing day I've had. I am an advanced rider, having my own horse at home and I was so pleased that their horses were completely suitable for my level (rare for a riding school!) I have fallen in love with Bertie, please please can I buy him!! Seriously thoigh, this school is perfect in so many ways. Our instructor Paul was so good, he taught me things in half an hour that I never knew in all my years of riding. My friend (who's a complete novice) also had a great time with jenny and she absolutely loved Mac who was so kind and safe and out my friend at ease. Love the arenas with the soft rubber service and I also enjoyed that you can have a drink and something to eat after the lessons in the cafe. The onsite shop is also a great addition................love the jods I bought Aaron!! If you're thinking of starting horse riding, give Carrington a try, they're simply the best!

“I visited Carrington Riding Centre for the first time...”

Written on: 26/09/2010

I visited Carrington Riding Centre for the first time today for a lesson. My first impression was what a lovely group of welcoming staff run the school. As a returning rider I was slightly nervous but in just half an hour I was confidently cantering again due to the excellent instructor who quickly assessed my ability and wasted no time in getting me moving and on finishing I couldn't wait to rebook my next lesson. I would recommend the school highly and I am looking forward to being a regular customer there.

“I have been going to Carrington Riding School for just...”

Written on: 18/06/2010

I have been going to Carrington Riding School for just 2 weeks and already feel i have learnt a lot. I attend the adult class on a Tuesday night for 1/2 hour. My instructor Robin is brilliant, very helpful and full of praise. She also tells you where you are going wrong and gives lots of encouragement. There are a wide range of horse for different heights/weights/abilities and they are all very nice and well behaved.

The office staff are lovely and helpful too, they have a clothing shop for all you equestrian needs, it is very cheap and i would defintaly reccommend going there if you need any clothing!

I would definatley recommend Carrington to a friend and the prices are really good too!!!

“I have to agree with the previous guests review = my...”

Written on: 30/05/2010

I have to agree with the previous guests review = my daughter attends regular lessons at Carrington Riding Centre and Pony Club on a Monday (we havent found time for the ABRS yet but will!). All the staff are friendly and approachable and the Centre is constantly updating equipment and horses with consistent staff which is great. Recent changes to the Pony Club have been excelent and in this case Robyn and Alice delivering a superb service. My daughter cant wait to see what the next activity is at Carrington - well done all!

“A wondeful riding experience for my daughter who loves...”

Written on: 29/05/2010

A wondeful riding experience for my daughter who loves spending as much time there as possible. The range of classes from the Pony Club,days on the farm and the ABRS classes are an enjoyable learning experience.All the staff are great, very patient with all ages and levels.The ABRS classes, with special praise to Lisa and Ali are a great way for a young rider to learn how to ride and care for a Horse.An great place, great Ponies and Horses, great atmosphere and wonderful staff who encourage the Rider.

“my daughter started riding at carington riding centre...”

Written on: 09/02/2010 by nicola adred (1 review written)

my daughter started riding at carington riding centre about 5 months ago. She loves the riding lessons and the private sessions. Sharon and the staff make you feel so welcome and are always there to help the children. my daughter lives for the weekend when she does her riding lessons every week. Whether it is raining, snowing or sunshine, she is always enthusiastic to get to her riding lessons. Thanks to everyone ar Carrington Riding Centre. Would recommend to anybody. Here to many more months of riding.

“I have been going to this school for about 3 months...”

Written on: 23/01/2010 by merwitser (1 review written)

I have been going to this school for about 3 months with my two daughters. We all ride at different levels and the school is able to accomodate all of us at very reasonable prices. They have a new horse virtually every time we go and there are always different events such as shows, courses and days on the farm. My youngest daughter has just joined Pony Club too and goes every monday night, she's loving it. Well done to all the wonderful staff at Carrington and thank you for making our riding experience so much fun.

“I would never take my 6 year old daughter to any place...”

Written on: 18/01/2010

I would never take my 6 year old daughter to any place where i felt she wasn't safe, respected and more importantly she didn't enjoy it, Carrington Riding Centre has made her feel safe, respected and very happy. The staff are friendly and patient with her , she loves her lessons and adores the horses. My daughter looks forward to every sunday,all this is thanks to all the staff, the horses and the friendly atmosphere, find out for yourselves and enjoy, love and peace x