Bold Heath Equestrian Centre, Cheshire Reviews

Bold Heath Equestrian Centre, Cheshire
4.3

Bold Heath Equestrian Centre, Cheshire - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Bold Heath Equestrian Centre, Cheshire

“Wonderful friendly and informative staff”

written by Klein161 on 27/02/2024

My granddaughter has attended this riding centre for 3 years I have always found her to be helpful advisory and accommodating. Whenever she has struggled with her learning journey we have been advised and supported. Great place to learn how to ride properly.

“Amazing riding centre ”

written by Cricben on 15/09/2017

My experience at Boldheath as been fantastic I'm in my forties and had lost confidence riding but after attending Boldheath even after a few weeks I feel so much better . The horses they have are so good and very well looked after and know their job so well no matter which horse you are riding . I've learnt so much and would Reccomended to anyone I have also took my own horse for lessons there and they are happy to accommodate either way . The lady who teaches me is lovely and has a lovely easy manner and encourages me every week with whatever session we are doing . Very relaxed atmosphere which also helps you learn much easier . I've been to a few riding centres through the years and Boldheath far exceeds any of those both with staff and by far the horses are happier and willing and are trained to know their job

“Bold Heath Riding Lesson ”

written by SueBryn on 01/08/2015

Once again we've had a fantastic lesson, great set up with experienced professional staff. Looking forward to next week.

“bold heath”

written by on 31/07/2015

I would like to say I would recommend anyone could go to this riding school even if you cant ride.I go every week after having a long time out of the saddle and have found my confidence again and even started jumping again.i have found all staff to be nice and willing to help ,would like to say I would recommend to anyone x

“bold heath”

written by lottiemay on 29/07/2015

“Poor Presentation”

written by McCartney148 on 14/04/2015

I came for a look around and to enquire about lessons. The horses were not presented very well, although the greys looked fairly clean the others looked like they hadn't even had a brush over them. Some of the instructors seemed very inexperienced and unenthusiastic, they said the bare minimal giving little instructions or feedback. I heard people saying the ponies were very well behaved, in my opinion they looked completely lifeless having no expressions or personalities. On a more positive note (after seeing other reviews about the stables), I quite like the barn style stables, ponies which were living in one stable/barn had more than enough room to move around and they all got on really well, remembering that horses are heard animals and it is more natural for them to live in a group, the older skinny ponies could have done with more hay though...

“Brilliant”

written by on 14/06/2014

I went to a few riding schools, very clean, but lessons were very poor, we only walked and trotted for many months!. As soon as I went to bold heath I saw 2 massive indoor arenas, and 1 huge out door. Seem as though I could trot, they put me into a lesson where I could start to canter. After a few weeks, I started to jump. I started 2 months ago and already came this far on. Got news yesterday that I am moving to the next level! The only bad thing is that they aren't groomed before riding. People are moaning about them sharing a stable, but the stables are massive. None of the horses are what u call lazy, or forward. All quite responsive after 2 small kicks. They do care for their horses and when one is underweight, they change the field to put on the extra weight. Prices are amazing! I pay £20 for 1 hour group lesson for cantering, and the group is very small in anyway. I would definitely recommend this riding school to everybody!

“Excellent”

written by on 29/01/2013

Our daughter has been going to Bold Heath for 6 months now, Staff are very good, Janet the owner is a very nice lady to deal with Love taking my daughter there and she also enjoys the pony days they run in the summer Holidays and riding school shows,All in all a great place with excellent facilities, ponys well suited to each individual and very well looked after WELL DONE BOLD HEATH Paul , Emma and Alex xx

“Bold shows”

written by on 04/10/2012

I have competed at the shows at Bold Heath EC for years and have never had any problems with the judging presume just sour grapes. Judge there is a qualified British Showjumping judge.I love Bold shows surfaces are always well maintained competitors and organisers are always friendly.

“Best riding school”

written by DjgreviewS on 24/05/2012

I have lessons at Bold Heath on a regular weekly basis. I love it the staff are really friendly and the horses are very well trained. I feel safe whilst riding there and the ponies are my favourite we get the chance to brush then And groom them, highly recommend to all stick with it :)))))

“I trained at bold heath ec for five years the only...”

written by on 19/05/2012

I trained at bold heath ec for five years the only reason i left was that i fell pregnant. Whilst there i gained my BHS stages 1,2,3 and my ptt (prelimanary teaching test). When looking for somewere to train i visited many equestrian centres none with either the fantastic facilities or high standard of horses which bold offers. The riding school has an inspection every year on the quality of tack, condition of the horses and conditions they are kept in,so if there was any problems with all of that then they would not still be open as a very sucssesful riding centre.the centre is also british horse society approved riding school, livery yard,facilitiy centre and training centre.the owner of the yard treats all the horses as if they were her children and if they need anything they get it. All the staff and students at bold are very well trained with BHS (BRITISH HORES SOCIETY)trained instructors coming nearly every week and also training the staff an instructor that has ridden at international horse events. The staff start work at 8 30am through the week and 8 00am on sat and sun. thier first job is to feed all 53 horses and ponies. They then set out to either muck them all out or bring them all in from the fields at the back out the yard. by 10 00am they will then recieve an 1hr lecture then an 1hr ride. When they finish they then give out dinner feeds and then go on dinner themselves.After dinner they groom all the horses and clean all the tack before removing all muck from the stables for the second time and put clean bed down, Also between doing all of this for the 53 horses and ponies they teach. The staff have regular training for this as a teacher would at a school. They have an international size arena to the rear as well as two smaller outdoors and to large indoors all with high quality surfaces which are well maintained as they hold compertions there aswell on weekends.The lesson are monitored to see if any one is ready to move to the next level up i have never heard that they charge extra for this or ever would the only time it would cost more is when you are on a group lesson on a saturday which would be £18 and then have a private lesson which is £20. Which this is very cheap compared with other riding schools which don't offer the same quality teaching facilaties,horses,and teachers.They will only move up if they are ready at the end of the day they are riding an animal which has its own mind and is a dangerous sport, this is also why the horses and ponies are for different standards of people and the instructors will allocate horses and ponies for your abilites other wise it could be dangerous. Therefore i would highly recomend this centre to anyone as they provide a great service and standard.

“Bold Heath ”

written by on 25/04/2012

I went here for a year I did not do anything else but trot the lessons were far to big about 9 people at a time also the horses there are not well treated as there are so many some share stables and some don't get mucked out every day as required .some instructors are very young and don't proved the service you are paying for . My daughter went there and as soon as she moved riding school she started cantering and jumping and has improved lots also they have test days we're they assess your riding to see if you can move up this costs More money and sometimes they don't assess you when you've paid and you don't get a refund . I would not reccommend this riding school to anybody I was so shocked at there approach to teach and there welfare of there horses and ponys .

“Riding and Livery”

written by scraggy10 on 14/06/2011

I am relatively new to Bold Heath after being to many riding schools and a couple of Livery Yards. I can honestly say that it is run very professional, the staff are very helpful and none abtrusive. They do not through themselves at you but are always there if you need advice at all. There are two sides to Bold Heath on the Livery side both are well maintained. The Horses are well looked after and not over worked. The facilites are second to none at the moment there are three outdoors, and two indoors and a fourth outdoor is in the process of being built. It has some traditional and some American Style stables. The cross country course is amazing. There is another outdoor that is on the other half of the Livery yard. There is a canteen, Pub and lots of shows so saves the need for travelling if you are on the Livery side. It has a nice relaxed atmosphere and the owners are always there on site and basically never stopping. I dont think I have ever seen Janet sit still. It is a large yard with fabulous facilities and would highly recommend it to all.

“I would definetely recomend bold heath riding school...”

written by on 27/09/2010

I would definetely recomend bold heath riding school as it is very good. the horses are suitable for anyone of any ability and size . i have been riding there for 5 years and have loved every lesson the instructors are very good and build your confidence up. the ponies and horses for beginners are extremely safe and the ponies and horses for the experienced riders are fantastic. the facilities and land are 5*. prices may seem expensive but are well worth it.

“I love bold heath iv been going there know most of my...”

written by on 07/09/2010

I love bold heath iv been going there know most of my life my daughters have both been janet is the most friendlest person you could meet and all the staff are realy friendly and willing to help the place is well looked after and so are all the horses and ponys and im at the moment lookinf for a horse and it will be keeped on janets yard its such a friendly place its better than 5*

“ Having read the reviews i felt i had to write and...”

written by on 24/08/2010

Having read the reviews i felt i had to write and express my opinion. i have been riding for about 35years and have been at Bold for about 7years now. Whilst the stables are not the most modern of buildings ie brick built, the care and love the horses and ponies receive is second to none and i believe this is the most important factor. The owner loves them all as if they are her children and all are kept and cared for until the end of their days. I have been to some upmarket stables were the horses have very little in the way of bedding etc, look unhappy, and are just a money making object for the owners. Lessons are very good and you are allocated a horse or pony that is suitable for your height, weight and experience, as lets face it some people will complain if they fall off a horse they couldnt handle even though they say they are competent!!! Again the more upmarket stables often fall down here and you can be given horses or ponies that are unsuitable. The horses and ponies are the most well mannered, well trained and experienced i have had the pleasure of riding. The facilities are amazing with two indoor arenas, three large outdoor arenas and acres of riding land. Professional event riders also value the school as they continue to enter the events with their young horses.
I would recommend Bold Heath to anyone.

“I LOVE IT! Bold heath is the best riding school i have...”

written by on 23/08/2010

I LOVE IT! Bold heath is the best riding school i have ever been to. i've tried a few over the last couple of years but this is by far the best. it has great facilities, many well behaved horses and ponies and lots of lovely and caring staff. every animal is treated well and there are so many that can be used from beginners up to an advanced level.
The staff are all well trained and are so kind, helpful and are generally nice to talk to and to be taught by. the yard is always kept as clean and tidy as possible, and there always seems to be such a great atmosphere when you are there. all the people that have tsught me there have been so good and always tell me what i have done well and what i need to improve on so that i can get better, which i really enjoy. the helpers there are also really nice and always look really happy. i would recomend this place to soo many people because i think its a wondersul place for people of all ages and all abilities!!!

“I LOVE THIS RIDING SCHOOL!!!!! i am a helper at bold...”

written by on 23/08/2010

I LOVE THIS RIDING SCHOOL!!!!! i am a helper at bold heath and i also ride there too, and i have to say it is THE BEST riding school i have every been to!! i am 14 years old and i started helping at the age of 9 (althought the starting age is now 11) and i love it!! we get to do shows for free after a while if you are an advanced enough rider and we get free rides etc. the atmosphere this is great, it is full with people who love each other and are willing to help who ever needs it. the horses tehre come from different backgrounds and have been trained to by very good schooling horses and like humans they have their own personality so some cheeker than others but you ride those as u get more advanced, they are taken care of and loved by everyone there. as for thie riding, i have learned so much from this riding school and the teachers are fully qualified and are really good and they suit the horse you ride to your hight, weight and ability. they will never put you on something they didnt think you could ride!! and you ride different things as you go along so pushed to the best of you ability. when you first come you will have a leader who is there to help you as u get to grips with riding and help you with your horse. as you get better, they take the leader off you so you are alone, and when they feel you are ready they will move you up a level to a trot to canter, then to jump and so on. the money is £18.50 for an hour and a bit less for 45 mins.
over all this is by far ther best riding school i have been to and i would recommend it to EVERYONE!!!! so of you are thinking of going there go and give it a try you'll be suprised at what it has to offer.

“This riding school is amazing! Everything I know about...”

written by on 30/06/2010

This riding school is amazing! Everything I know about horse riding and horse care has come from Bold Heath. I have been riding and helping out there nearly four and a half years now and I enjoy every single day. There are a wide variety of horses/ponies who are all amazing and unique in their own way The staff there are so friendly and from my first day helping out there I was made to feel welcome. Having the opportunity to help there has also helped me make great friendships with people who I feel like I've known all my life. I would like to say a big thank you to Mark, Amy and Janet for giving me so many opportunities to different things and letting me take part in their amazing shows. Also to my instructor Hana who makes every lesson enjoyable and yard life fun. Also to all the other students that make the yard an amazing place to be. I would definitely recommend Bold Heath Equestrian Center to everyone.

“Its a really friendly and kind riding school, the...”

written by on 28/06/2010

Its a really friendly and kind riding school, the staff are really helpful and you do loads in your lessons. I've learnt everything I know from being at Bold Heath and I would recomend it to anyone who wants to ride for fun. If you help out you can get a show pony and do shows, all the regulars that help out there are really helpful and make sure you know where your going. It's a really lovely and friendly place, the horses are good natured and are of all abilities for all riders. Defo 5* and I would recomend for anybody who likes horses to go and take a lesson!

Asked by Dianet321 on 2nd July 2015 Report this content
I am looking to do a trek (1 or 2 hour) with my daughter for her 12th birthday. Shes had limited experience and I use to ride when I was younger (about 20 years ago). Does Bold Heath offer this or is it just lessons? Could anyone suggest a good place to do this around the St. Helens area? Thanks.

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site