River Island Reviews

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

River Island - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for River Island

“Great member of staff, NOT”

written by Axelc46 on 23/12/2017

I am hugely disappointed with my visit,the lady I asked for help from didn't know her stock,so when I asked about the black plazzo trousers she said "sorry what are you talking about."And she went ONLINE and I pointed to the trousers online and she said she did not have them,then my mom said to me are these them I said yes and the lady said You didn't point to those." Yes I did. very very annoyed with my visit.

“shop instore not online........”

written by PaulaKeith on 18/03/2017

I often use the River Island codes where possible, but when using my mobile the codes don't work and then the customer services are not at all helpful with this problem and won't honor the codes and take ages telling you this bad news by which time your basket has emptied multiple time. Shop in store as online customer services not great.

“i was in tiver island today in stockport i got talking...”

written by Valentinoh365 on 14/03/2017

i was in tiver island today in stockport i got talking to one off the staff.she asked me how old my baby was and what he name was. i told her i named him after my mums surname who sadly passed away 3 years ago. we had a good chat about my mum and how u get througb it as she lost her brother and granma which was very sad. i couldnt beleive i could go into a shop and speak to someone about a death who listened and confinded in me. i was very happy with the way she was even though it was a stranger you do get some decent peoplebout there and has got very good customer service skills river island should be very pleased thaf they have employed someone like this thankyou

“Horrible shopping experience never purchase again, no...”

written by Janiceverycool on 16/02/2017

its been one month i still have not receive my parcel! I've already sent email to customer services they answer is awfull they told me to wait until blah blah blah date, and then i wait ,but stilll have not receive anything and now they asking me to call custom.but there is no tracking record on the tracking, what should i say ,who should i call, they thinks thats my problem if i still not receive my parcel. i am the one should fix all this . its horrible experience shopping at river island. I'm still waiting for my parcel. its been one month already.they still not fix my problems yet .

“Awful Customer service! I'd give zero stars !”

written by Amanday449 on 14/12/2016

Awful customer service. Package ordered 5 weeks ago has been missing now for 17 days. No refund, no re-shipment. They keep telling me to wait 1 more week. $700 in Christmas gifts, no proof of shipping or tracking info. Customer Service is unhelpful, if they even answer. Don't waste your time or money.

“BAGS :( ”

written by TitusHopkins306 on 26/09/2016

i bought a large purse from RI last december for myself. it was nice i thought it would be sturdy but the handle snapped after my 5th use. i didnt use it everyday & didnt put much inside coz the purse itself is heavy without anything inside. tbh RI products look really appealing but doesnt have a really hood quality :(

“Unhelpful and Lazy staff at River Island Hounslow”

written by on 28/07/2016

I find River Island staff in general very unhelpful, but the Hounslow store is the worst. In the height of sales, dont expect to have clothes labelled with prices and if you do need a price check, you will be barked at to 'go to the till' and wait in the queue, even though there are staff standing around doing nothing and an empty till, which they can easily access to check the prices on. Also after payment, if you do happen to leave your debit card at the till (yes it happened!), dont expect them to come after you to give it back to you even if you are still in the store! How dodgy is that! When I did finally realise that I had left my card back in River Island, after wanting to pay for something in New Look and not having my card to do so, I ran back to River Island, to their tills (as the floor staff looked too busy looking at their nails) distressed and worried, spoke to the member of staff there, only to be told 'wait!', no compassion, no reassurance, just 'wait!'. He took his time to open the till, rummaged, and asked for a name, and handed the card over and just turned away like a robot. That was that! Even my bank was more sympathetic and consoling on the phone when I reported that I had left my card in River Island. She reassured me that these things happen and not to worry! Shocking to see that in a small store like Hounslow's with not much foot traffic, they have four staff and not one was helpful. Two of which were doing nothing, what a waste of time, resource and money! This is not the first time that I've experienced terrible service from River Island, but you always put the first bad experience down to people having a 'bad' day. Then when you start to see a trend, you think hmmmmm maybe River Island is as bad as you thought! In terms of their clothes, overpriced and 'old'. Better off shopping with Zara or Topshop, excellent sales and helpful staff!

“Poor service at Hammersmith”

written by IndiaWiley on 03/05/2016

The manager at Hammersmith was the worst I have seen in a long time. I bought a top where the colour ran and the evidence was all over the white section. He washed a section, said that there was no colour on his hand and therefore no evidence of my claim. If he had checked carefully, he would have also seen the black colour had run all over the white stitching as well.

“great service. i will recommend to anyone”

written by Xiomara1961 on 16/04/2016

great service. i will recommend to anyone

“River island baby boy tracksuit amazing”

written by on 06/04/2016

Hi,I bought online baby boy tracksuit for my little one and was so happy with item.It looks fab on!!! I wanted to purchase another style,but it was all sold out :(( -love River island!!! I'll keep an eye on coming up baby fashion!!! Well done River island,keep the style!! I would live to put a picture to show you how amazing it looks on,but I can't see where to upload :((

“Jeans”

written by on 23/02/2016

I really like river island clothes, used to love their jeans, bought a pair of flare jeans just before xmas, soooooo sooo disappointed , the denim has fraid threw to my skin at one pocket and at my bottom, they need binned . Shocked by this

“RUBISH”

written by 410Chavez on 26/12/2015

PROBABLY THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER SEEN, GOT SOME FAT HIPPO-CROCA-PIG THINKS SHE IS QUEEN OF ENGLAND WHO LOOKS AT YOU LIKE YOU HAVE GOT A CHICKEN ON YOUR HEAD IF YOU ASK HER A QUESTION. I HOPE ALL RIVER IRLAND STAFF GETS RUN OVER BY LOW FLYING AIRCRAFT

“A store worth avoiding..If you really do value your money.”

written by charlie0143 on 25/10/2015

Went into the Glasgow Argyle Street Store yesterday to look at buying two coats at a cost of £110 each. On looking around and noticing they didn't have the size I was looking for. I spoke to a member of staff. During him tying to assist me. He was bopping about to the in store music, chewing chewing gum and was Thee most uninterested guy I have ever had serving me. I'm then told. If you want this ' stuff'!! Not clothes but ' stuff 'In that size you'll have to go home and order it online, pay for it, if you don't like it then it'll be up to you to return it for a refund. While waiting on this helpful alert knowledgeable member of saff ( note the sarcasm ) I over heard some customers asking about student discounts, only for the other member of staff scoffing. ' oh river island doesn't offer discounts ' If you consider the store was next to Premark selling pretty much like for like at a drastically lower price tag than river island has And also the staff are nicer. I guess ' river island ' has lost another customer. Oh. And staff at Premark are not allowed to chew food while serving on the shop floor. Its rude. It's disgusting. And it's dam well unprofessional.

“ black leggings”

written by on 06/10/2015

Brought a pair of black leggings with a zip in the middle. Which way does the zip go, back or front .

“Can't Return”

written by 329Kelleher on 04/10/2015

I ordered a pair of boots. The boots are cute but don't match what I wanted. It is basically impossible to return them. River Island does not cover return shipping. It would cost me a minimum of $45 to return a pair of $170 boots. CRAZY! I wrote them and River Island told me they wouldn't help.

“Specialists in failure”

written by JohnnyMacPherson on 16/09/2015

I am utterly appalled by River Island's terrible product quality. This includes everything from shoes, belts, bags, and clothing. Since deceiving customers into buying inferior products that fall apart in weeks is their policy, they can kiss my custom goodbye.

“Manager review”

written by Drakek1957 on 27/07/2015

In Darlington River island store, I have witnessed manager treat her staff with no respect and makes the atmosphere uncomfortable. I did not see any customer service skills in the manager and I was very disappointed as it's made me not want to go in anymore. Send the manager back to staff training as she needs it. Thank you.

“Student discount?”

written by Minay237 on 13/06/2015

Your main target market for the type of clothing you sell is without a doubt teenagers; more specifically students. Yet not even a 10% student discount is offered, with prices of £42 for a pair of jeans (although very good quality), seems slightly unrealistic for the current economy of students today. With competition such as topshop, offering 10% discount all year round and 20% at specific times of year, surely you should be keeping up with this to keep the business going. It needs to change.

“Yes to river island, no to Croydon branch”

written by WaylonBoyle320 on 19/05/2015

i love river island and I have been a very loyal customer for years however I was greatly disappointed with how I was treated at the branch in Croydon. Last year, possibly in the summer. I had purchased a silk t shirt with an image of the tiger head and wanted to return it due to the item being damaged, I had not even worn it, washed it nothing. I told them that I may have brought the item like that. If they had said sorry we can't take it back due to its condition then fine but they then accused me of wearing it and that's why the item became damaged. Even though I told them that is false, it hadn't even touched my skin they accused me of being liar. Then the manager got involved who agreed with her colleague and accused me of lying. I was so appalled that day because generally the staff are great but now after that embarrassing encounter in front of other customers I cannot bring myself to go back into that store.

“I spent quite a lot of money ordering from River...”

written by narada on 07/05/2015

I spent quite a lot of money ordering from River Island and spent extra for a next day delivery. The items were supposed to be delivered from DPD but failed to arrive. I emailed River Island to query this and they informed me that my order had been delivered and signed for by someone I'd never heard of. I explained that this was not me and asked them to look into this as I had spent a lot of money. River Island got back to me and ask me to complete a missing order form and ask me to complete and return which I did. Within a couple of days I received an email from River island informing me that DPD had informed that that the drivers DPD had picked the driver up at the right location and therefore they would be unable to offer a refund. The add insult to injury they said they believe the signature that signed for the order and the signature on the missing order form were made by the same person!!!!!!!! The signatures are completely different obviously and River Island are now hand writing experts. I would never shop with River Island again they are absolute frauds! Now they have my money and refuse to supply the GPS location on the driver. I'm absolutely disgusted.