Ford Capri Reviews

• Practicality

• Reliability

Ford Capri - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ford Capri

“Ford Capri one of the Best looking cars ever made”

written by fordman41 on 13/02/2018

Having done my apprenticeship at a ford main agent (Bristol street) I grew up with capris and have owned 7 from 1.6 GT to 3.0 GT and then 2.8i as now I bought another as a midlife crisis still love it easy to repair and maintain unlike modern cars no silly gimmicks that go wrong and need special tools and diagnostics .I would always recommend one of the V6 engined cars as they are much quicker than the 4s plus the glorious Howell of the injected V6 cheap classic insurance reasonable mpg 30+ on a run 27/28 around town ,They are not that practical as an everyday family car and you have to respect the handling especially in the wet with 160 bhp going through a live rear axle ,that said this car gets a lot of thumbs up every time I take it out ,The kids love it as do their friends.This car does give you the feel good factor and compared to all the modern Euroboxs even at 33 years old its miles ahead.

“ford capris was a great cars when they first came out...”

written by on 25/09/2009

ford capris was a great cars when they first came out and still look cool.

“A real basic down to earth car with plenty of...”

written by on 30/12/2007

A real basic down to earth car with plenty of character and fun!

“I have owned my Ford Capri for years and still enjoy...”

written by erf735 on 27/01/2007

I have owned my Ford Capri for years and still enjoy driving it. I can get 45mpg on a run at a steady 70mph, though this does drop to around 7mpg when driving around town quickly. It is a slightly modified 2.0S, and by driving quick I show a clean exhaust to Evo's and Impreza's. It is always funny to embarrass a £30,000 super car in a 25 year old Capri! I find the handling better than new cars, I have no ABS, traction control or power steering, so it is all me, no computer stopping me. A true drivers car. Treat this car with respect and it will put a smile on your face. No need to buy a 2.8, not enough more power to justify extra fuel or insurance. Get a 2.0 and do sensible, subtle mods, keep it serviced and properly tuned, oh, and learn to drive it, and you will still be smiling when you retire.

“All in all I still love the Ford Capri, which I have...”

written by Lee B on 12/06/2005

All in all I still love the Ford Capri, which I have owned two of, 1.6 Laser and now a 2.8i special. They look good and drive good and with a little bit of respect they even handle good, Petrol consumption a little steep but well worth the money as this car is made to be driven.

Helen Of Troy's Response to Lee B's Review

Written on: 02/10/2006

I have owned four Capri's in the past. The best being the 2.8i. Great at hopping around bends!!! Actually, they were pretty dangerous if you didn't know how to drive them. The front end being so much heavier than the back, and very easy to lose control. Even worse in the wet. We used to put a large bag of stones in to help hold the road better. Seriously! The Police started to use these cars, but due to the difficult handling of them, bad at road holding etc., they stopped! I still have to turn my head when I see a Ford Capri go by. Best looking car of its day, and still a great looker!! Must cost a fair bit now to keep one looking good though!!