Bar Tapas, Norwich Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Bar Tapas, Norwich - Ask a question now

“I really want to REALLY like Bar Tapas and I have been...”

Written on: 15/03/2009 by Tapaslover (1 review written)

I really want to REALLY like Bar Tapas and I have been 3 or 4 times now so I must like something about it. Most of the time we have had lovely food, great service and generally a good time but there are times when I found the food is not quite up to scratch - which is a shame because the ambience is fantastic. I would recommend you try it at least once. One other small complaint - in my opinion some of the dishes are overpriced - I note on other reviews that this is a complaint and I think… Read Full Review

“Nothing bad at all, good service, authentic feel and...”

Written on: 20/08/2008

Nothing bad at all, good service, authentic feel and best of all lovely food… Read Full Review

“Good atmosphere, not too busy, nice spanish background...”

Written on: 22/07/2008 by Frankfurterrr (1 review written)

Good atmosphere, not too busy, nice spanish background music

Good food, and not long to wait for food after ordering

The best thing about bar tapas was the dessert menu. The lemon sorbets were amazing, made in a hollowed out, frozen lemon with the sorbet inside. Another nice desert they offer is a delicious coconut icecream, served in half a coconut!! Hadn't seen anything like these before, the waitress told me they got some of their desserts from a place in spain which made them.

Overall… Read Full Review

Sludminger's Response to Frankfurterrr's Review

Written on: 31/03/2011

I found this review somewhat helpful because...it seems quite reasonable but I was surprised the reviewer hadn't seen lemon sorbet in a lemon shell before! I was eating these in France back in 1981 and they've been common-place in South Wales eateries for at least 20years!

Read 1 Comment

“I think with the aim of keeping things simple, they've...”

Written on: 29/05/2007 by Gerald42 (2 reviews written)

I think with the aim of keeping things simple, they've got the pricing wrong. Far too many dishes are £4.95, whereas with more subtlety, say by having dishes for £3, £4, and £5, would have made me want to order more. The tapas menu is also badly designed - just one long list rather than dividing food types, which would make building a satisfying meal easier.

We were given a basket of bread with something like six pieces in, and a dish of foiled anchor butter of all things. How Spanish is that… Read Full Review

“The service at Bar Tapas Spanish restaurant in Norwich...”

Written on: 02/06/2006 by Keith Cutting (1 review written)

The service at Bar Tapas Spanish restaurant in Norwich was very friendly, but the food was very expensive and not good value for money. It cost £4.95 fot two very average meatballs… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“We enjoyed the food at Bar Tapas in Norwich, but the...”

Written on: 22/04/2005 by gemybell (4 reviews written)

We enjoyed the food at Bar Tapas in Norwich, but the servive was terrible, could not get the waiters attention so could not order more tapas and when we eventually got the bill they had added on a tip even though the menu said that no service charge was added, staff were very rude and would not take off the tip!… Read Full Review

214704_Papasito's Response to gemybell's Review

Written on: 23/10/2005

We had a great time at Bar Tapas the food was fantastic!!! The atmosphere was authentic. Service was very polite and attentive. We strongly recommend it. If you want the real Spanish touch that is the place to go.

Read 1 Comment