The New Raj, St Helier Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

The New Raj, St Helier - Ask a question now

“I have eaten in The New Raj Indian Restaurant in St....”

written by glenn cleave on 23/09/2005

I have eaten in The New Raj Indian Restaurant in St. Helier for quite a few years now, and I can see no reason why it should not continue. The staff are always polite, friendly and never overbearing. A number of Indian Restaurants have opened (and closed) locally, offering different menu's and varying quality, but The New Raj has always stayed ahead of the competition. A first class establishment that can take pride in it's number of regular customers.

235319_Ross1's Response to 211290_glenn cleave's Review

Written on: 23/03/2006

four of us went to the new raj for the 22nd anniversary. it was a buffet. although we thought we were in for a treat, we were not aware that the treat would come at 3am in the morning. The food was terrible, no choice, one rice dish that was cold, and pork chops & warm veg? strange. The 'authentic indian dessert' was a blob of vanilla ice cream and a small red fruit. The food was the worst i have ever tasted in my life, and i am not kidding. we were really dissapointed.

241051_Neilflan's Response to 211290_glenn cleave's Review

Written on: 02/05/2006

I went to the restaurant while on holiday in Jersey. It has to be one of the best if not the best Indian restaurant and probably the best restaurant I have ever been in service wise. They are so friendly there and the regulars that came and went is always a good sign of a good quality restaurant.

Read 2 Comments

“Kass Malik opened The New Raj 21 years ago. He is...”

written by mofficer on 13/03/2005

Kass Malik opened The New Raj 21 years ago. He is proud of his kitchen and that is reflected strongly in the dining experience there.
The menu is classic with individual variations reflecting his personality.
They are sensitive to clients personal tastes and will suggest or adjust their menu items to suit.
I have never left his restaurant not having enjoyed the meal or felt I had been unfairly charged.