White Lightning Reviews

White Lightning - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for White Lightning

White Lightning
White Lightning

“Fantastic to take to dinner parties”

Written on: 19/03/2017 by Giancarlo170 (1 review written)

This cider is the peak of excellence. It only gets beaten by my £200 bottle of champagne. I often take a bottle of white lightening to dinner parties, and it always goes down a treat. Many a night we have spent eating cheese, sipping this and talking about cricket. I must say the price is superb! £2 for a large bottle?! You can't even get a decent wine at lidl for under £10! Please ignore the cheap price and the idea it's a drink for a benefit scrounged. This is the champagne of apple cider. It's crisp, strong and sophisticated.

“An assertive cider should be enjoyed with the more...”

Written on: 30/09/2010

An assertive cider should be enjoyed with the more robust take away options. A Donner or possibly a deep fried pizza. Don't let the incontinence or momentary blindness worry you. It passes once one has become accustomed and you can have many a year of shared joy on the war menorial steps with your new chums. The downside is of course liver failure, marital breakup and smelling of wee.

“I have drunk white lightening for years and then me...”

Written on: 28/01/2010

I have drunk white lightening for years and then me leg fell off. They now call me sludge

“IM AN ALCOHOLIC,AN I LOVE IT!”

Written on: 31/10/2009

IM AN ALCOHOLIC,AN I LOVE IT!

“me and my woman spend many summers days drinking White...”

Written on: 28/05/2009

me and my woman spend many summers days drinking White Lightning and will contine to ignore the kids and drink this until the day the i die.

“We love white lightning! When we studied abroad in...”

Written on: 24/05/2009

We love white lightning! When we studied abroad in London, that was our drink of choice as poor college students using food vouchers. Does anyone know where to get it in the U.S.? We live in Des Moines, IA. Thanks!

“Ive been drinking White Lightning cider for a couple...”

Written on: 01/01/2009 by bluebellallie (1 review written)

Ive been drinking White Lightning cider for a couple of years basically because its the only alcoholic drink that amazingly doesn't give me a hangover and secondly its so cheap. I think it tastes quite nice compared to the other cheap brands in the shops, id certainly recommend it.

“White Lightning - From 2004 to 2006 were my strongest...”

Written on: 13/11/2008 by TheReader (1 review written)

White Lightning - From 2004 to 2006 were my strongest years for binging on alcohol and this cheap rubbish and its counterparts i would buy because of price just to get drunk. It tastes revolting and the smell of it now is enough to make me puke! It seems full of chemicals and I feel there is nothing to recommend it so basically its just a cheap and nasty drunks choice.
People who say otherwise are the ones who have not used it enough for the primary purpose of getting out of it and that's a fact.
I first tried white cider in the 80s in a small glass bottle as diamond white and it tasted fine to me then. The days when old English cider could be purchased in 2 litre glass bottles.
It would be better sold without all the sweeteners in it.
Cheap cider is another product on the shelves at bargain prices and i say exactly the same for that as well.
In my case i had gone to drinking the hard stuff after that and decent Belgium beers etc.
The first stuff i used to get drunk was in the 80s and that was old English cider and lagers.
Off licenses are the most expensive place to go to buy booze.But pubs come top obviously.
I sometimes use to mix food with this white cider as well can you imagine what happened?
I recommend Grimbergen as a excellent Belgian beer ice cold.

“Reminds me of the early 2000's living alone on the...”

Written on: 12/07/2008

Reminds me of the early 2000's living alone on the dole and having to drink 3 litres of this to get through another awful day. I substituted food for this stuff for about 6 months.. Those where the days! I well recommend White Lightning.

“White Lightning is nice. Buy some- I'm drinkin it now,...”

Written on: 09/06/2008

White Lightning is nice. Buy some- I'm drinkin it now, it's well nice!

“I first tried white lightning when I was 13, I drank a...”

Written on: 02/06/2008 by greedymatt (1 review written)

I first tried white lightning when I was 13, I drank a full 3 litre bottle in about an hour. I managed to get home and passed out on my doorstep. I awoke in hospital and found I had actually died and had to be resusitated in the ambulance (that explains the painful chest). I'm now 22 and have just tried my first glass of lightning in 9 years and to be honest i find it quite refreshing and very light as cider goes. I never thought i'd touch the stuff again but to my surprise I like it I can honestly say i would recommend it now especially if you are after a mild but very affective cider. Even if you don't like cider it will get you slaughtered for around 3 quid.

Polopete's Response to greedymatt's Review

Written on: 03/06/2008

Can I ask (I don't mean to be rude) why you gave a drink 9 out of 10 when it actually killed you? <br/>You say it tastes nice, but is that reason worth it after having to be resusitated from it?

Greedymatt's Response to greedymatt's Review

Written on: 04/06/2008

Hi Pete. Yes I agree with you completely it does sound silly after what happened but I've changed a lot since then haha Apart from being on a very strict budget I've learnt from the mistakes of the past and take my time with alcohol. (I know my limits now)<br/><br/>Thanks

Read 2 Comments

“It has done me serious damage if abused too often. I...”

Written on: 19/03/2008 by nundrian (1 review written)

It has done me serious damage if abused too often. I can actually start to come up on your hangover 3 hours after drinking it. The only way to counter the headache is to drink more in my experience. Therefore I do not recommend White Lightning.

“I say grab a bottle today, sit back and enjoy as women...”

Written on: 07/02/2008

I say grab a bottle today, sit back and enjoy as women become more attractive and you become a comic genius, unable to be mocked by anyone.

☆☆☆☆☆

“Disgusting cider in my opinion.”

Written on: 15/01/2008 by a porcupine (1 review written)

Disgusting cider in my opinion.
It has a quite disturbing taste
It is full of chemicals
Is it even made from apples
every time i touch this stuff i throw up (along with many other people i know)

“White Lightening is more readily available than some...”

Written on: 03/01/2008 by MickeyDrink (7 reviews written)

White Lightening is more readily available than some of its equally rancid and potent cousins.Cheap,around 3.75 for a three litre bottle and taste wise is among the more tolerable of ciders of this genre. On odd occasions a smidgen of blackcurrant juice could be added to lessen the kick and vary
the taste.A plus point is that the said blackcurrant drink can usually be purchased from a fluff gathering shelf in the corner of the same outlet you buy your cider.I find juceee a good option at 89p.I put this particular cider around the same level as Frosty Jacks.Just above the more evil tasting powderkegs such as white storm.

“I was foolish enough to enter a drinking competition...”

Written on: 13/12/2007 by jimdooley (1 review written)

I was foolish enough to enter a drinking competition and win by downing two of my 3 liter friends in 4.5 hours. I then immediately passed out and only awoke only to fill a waste bin with my dinner.

“A legend in our lifetime. Say what you will but there...”

Written on: 03/10/2006 by DodgeArran (1 review written)

A legend in our lifetime. Say what you will but there is no denying that White Lightning has influenced the lives of nearly every twenty and thirty-something in Britain. Admittedly it does have a somewhat juvenile reputation but I feel an open mind is needed here. White Lightning has been a long and faithful servant of mine for some fifteen years now with no signs of the honeymoon ending. Bon appetit!

“Having been given the job of supplying the booze for a...”

Written on: 24/08/2006 by Anonymous101 (1 review written)

Having been given the job of supplying the booze for a family get together, me and our lass journeyed down to the ASDA. I was simply aghast to discover that White Lightning was available in a whopping 3Litre plastic bottle for a bargain £3.89. As the emphasis was on getting hammered and not on quality and partly due to the alcohol content of 7.5%, we were in agreement that this product fit he bill perfectly, so purchased 6 bottles. Some guests complained of the cider's foul taste. White Lightning is so difficult to describe as it's not overly fizzy but it certainly doesn't taste of apples. My dad blamed me for ruining what should have been a great family day and our Lee was off work for 3 days with a burning stomach complaint as a consequence. I took home what was left and it took me ages to get rid of, as me and our lass had to make various cocktail-style drinks with the left over cider as drinking it "neat" was a definite non-starter. In conclusion White Lightning is great if your after a quick in-gestation of alcohol on the cheap, avoid if you prefer any quality of taste whatsoever.

Written on: 24/08/2006

I forgot to warn fellow reviewers of the dangers of an even lesser quality product I discovered. "Electric White" is complete filth and should be avoided at all costs. If you served this to any other mammal other than a human you would probably serve a custodial sentence.

Written on: 30/01/2007

My brother likes cider. You should hear some of his boozy cider-sozzled anecdotes. He's one crazy guy!

Written on: 08/09/2006

I recently trialled your suggested serving of toasted sandwich with a "refreshing" glass of white lightning. I must admit, I was shocked by the compatibility. A recent dinner party I staged was a resounding success and your proposed menu option with white lightning made for great reception drinks and canapes. Simply delicious. Me and our lass were just messing about in the kitchen when we stumbled across this little concoction, take some marinated eggplant slices(mixed spices), add tomato, brown mustard and some onion, then lightly grill with monterrey jack cheese and place on freshly baked sourdough bread for that real rustic feel. I think you&#039;ll find this will be well received and is a fab option for any vegetarian friends you may have. Enjoy.
<br/>
<br/>Slices of marinated eggplant, tomato, brown mustard and onion, grilled with jack cheese on sourdough bread, served with a deli salad

Cult Fiction's Response to 252776_Anonymous101's Review

Written on: 02/09/2006

Yes - totally agree with this review. The cider itself has not been produced from the finest of apples, however if the emphasis is on getting &#039;Battered&#039; then &#039;White Lightening&#039; will certainly get you cross-eyed and talking about gypies within 20 odd minutes of consumption.
<br/>
<br/>Goes well with french toasted ciabatta sandwiches!

Read 4 Comments

“Has the desired effect after a hard day of grafting. ...”

Written on: 16/06/2006 by Damien Johnson (1 review written)

Has the desired effect after a hard day of grafting. Makes watching the England football team almost tolerable!

“White Lightening cider is crisp, strong and refreshing...”

Written on: 12/05/2006 by izzell (1 review written)

White Lightening cider is crisp, strong and refreshing after a hard days graft. I can't seem to purchase 50% free as in the past.