Canon PowerShot A60 Reviews

Resolution 2
Optical Zoom 3
Battery Type Alkaline or Rechargeable

Features:
  • 2-megapixel sensor creates 1,600 x 1,200 images for prints up to 8 x 10 inches
  • 3x optical zoom with 2.5x digital zoom (7.5x total)
  • Up to 3 minutes of video with sound; manual, aperture and shutter priority exposure modes
  • Compatible with CompactFlash Type I cards; 16 MB card included
  • Powered by 4 AA batteries (alkalines included); connects to PCs and Macs via USB 1.1
  • Refine your search

“The Canon A60 is excellent with a powerful flash....”

Written on: 23/02/2008

The Canon A60 is excellent with a powerful flash. Better than the 9 mp fuji I just bought. You get loads of orbs and ghostly mists on the photos which is cool.
    Good printing too, when you get it done in a photo shop. I just wish I could afford a better one!… Read Full Review

“I've had a Canon A60 since January 2005 and I have to...”

Written on: 04/07/2005 by christophermartin (1 review written)

I've had a Canon A60 since January 2005 and I have to say, 4000+ pictures later with it I am still very impressed with this camera.

The macros are great!
    The night shots are great!
    The Landscape shots are great!
    Even the people (when not moving) are great!

This camera is worth every penny and it rivals some 5mp cameras like Kodak's easyshare. The pictures are just fantastic and the 2 MP is more then enough if you do prints no larger then 8X10.

I taken pictures of everything with this… Read Full Review

“I got a Canon PowerShot A60 for £100 a few months...”

Written on: 22/09/2004 by denishealy (1 review written)

I got a Canon PowerShot A60 for £100 a few months back. My reason for picking it was that I wanted to be able to experiment with different aperture, shutter settings etc. and this was the only model in my price range that supported this.
    I am a beginner photographer and this camera has been a great tool with which to experiment. Some of my friends have 3MP res. cameras, and the prints from my camera compare well, although I wouldn't risk going to larger than normal snapshot size.
    On the… Read Full Review

“Used the Canon PowerShot A60 for about 3 weeks, then...”

Written on: 13/08/2004 by cellinux (2 reviews written)

Used the Canon PowerShot A60 for about 3 weeks, then gave up. Not a very smart investment to make. Always needed to have extra batteries with me. Big red-eye problems when using flash. Hope that Canon solved these problems with newer models… Read Full Review

“I own the Canon PowerShot A 60, ever since I couldn't...”

Written on: 23/07/2004 by scolew908 (1 review written)

I own the Canon PowerShot A 60, ever since I couldn't find one at my nearest, camera retail store last year when it was just arriving in stores, till I went to my local dept. store, target here in NJ where I'm from and bought it, boy what a price change was $249- when it was a new digital from Canon themselves.. now almost a year later it droped to $149... and some places cheaper but I had other digital cameras in the past, I've had a Kodak, a Panasonic, which if you're into photography, or… Read Full Review

“I just bought this Canon PowerShot A 60 Digital Camera...”

Written on: 15/09/2003 by xkaibabyx (1 review written)

I just bought this Canon PowerShot A 60 Digital Camera a week ago so I probably still haven't learned all there is to this camera. But so far, I love it. It does take 4 batteries so it is heavy but when it comes back to the pictures taken, it's all worth it. Alot of features to use. My favourite being the MACRO feature. I've taken great quality shots to the point where the camera lens was touching the object. It's quite complicated and hard to understand at first but that just means that there… Read Full Review

“This Canon PowerShot A 60 is my first digital camera,...”

Written on: 01/08/2003 by Veljo. (1 review written)

This Canon PowerShot A 60 is my first digital camera, i had some experience with Olympus C-120 (also 2Mpix), but this is totaly different quality of pictures (much better). There are also many many usefull functions to setup this camera.
    Good connectin to computer, good programs (panoramic pictures are very easy to made). Original batteries (AA-4pcs.) holded for about 250-300 pics. Now i bought rechargable, and i am even happier :). I had many different options to buy also some other… Read Full Review