SMA Gold Infant Formula Milk Reviews

SMA Gold Infant Formula Milk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for SMA Gold Infant Formula Milk

“matt crorkz”

written by BroganMcGrath on 25/10/2014

PDEG5m magnificent points altogether, you simply received a emblem new reader. What could you recommend in regards to your submit that you made a few days ago? Any certain?

“Wouldn't advise to anyone! ”

written by Shauniecapri on 13/05/2014

I understand each baby is different, my daughter was b/f for 6mobths then went onto SMA hungry baby and it was perfect for her, the gold was also fine for her when I first tried stopping b/f a few months previous. A lot of my friends used it and loved it too! However, that was three years ago.. They seem to have changed the SMA formula since then and not one person I have spoke to has had a good experience since! My son went onto it from 2months and his poos changed to a thick playdoh like substance, I had to hold his legs to help him pass stools and they were a real smelly dark green! Although he was happy during the day he was unsettled at night and didn't sleep much day or night, days he would have the odd nap under an hour and night no more than 2-3hours (at 4months) I first put it Down to a genuine bad belly baby as he suffered from reflux and colic bad as a newborn but eventually changed his formula and haven't looked back since!! They need to change it back to how it used to be, the forums over a google search engine will have similar stories! I have yet to have a response from SMA. Just please, if your baby is constipated and unsettled - change their formula, it is not a 'normal' thing for your baby to have these problems. His stools we now normal and he straight away slept through after the change!

Abidemiafolabi's Response to Shauniecapri's Review

Written on: 29/10/2014

sma gold is the best

]\

“We have been using SMA for three years and it turned...”

written by binio on 01/03/2011

We have been using SMA for three years and it turned to be just great product. It provides all nutrients and vitamins to our kids and it is easy to make as requires only water and good shake. Kids love it as well and we never have experienced problems with colic pain nor indigestion. I would recommend it to anyone but it is obviously also matter of tolerance to different products.

“I have an 11 week old baby and used SMA gold for first...”

written by on 31/12/2010

I have an 11 week old baby and used SMA gold for first 3 weeks. My baby suffered from really bad colic and was always sick after feeds. I was recommended to try Cow & Gate comfort for colic and constipation. This didn't help my boy at all - in fact he was even more constipated than before and was still very sick after each feed. I tried visiting chriopractor to help with colic and felt this didn't work either. I then switched back to SMA gold at 8 weeks old and my boy has been a completley different baby - he fills nappies usually twice a day and sleeps for longer. he still suffers from some trapped wind but despite this i found SMA gold has settled him more. I would recommend it

“i'm using sma promil gold, the follow-on from sma...”

written by trinismile on 12/06/2010

i'm using sma promil gold, the follow-on from sma gold. then it's sma progress gold from 1 year. this is my second child and she loves it. i was giving her lactogen1 until she broke out in eczema at 2mths. she is now 9mths and a real butterball. the promil has a mild vanilla flavour and i can't help but take a taste when i prepare a feed.my older daughter took lactogen after she got constipated with a few other formulas(sma, s-26, similac). i would recommend it. before purchasing the only issue was the constipation(i've heard of it happening), but what i did was the first few feeds i mixed it a bit thinner so he stomach could get accustomed. she also loves gerber cereal mixed in with the feed. i live in trinidad.

“All three of my kids grew up (well one still is) on...”

written by on 22/05/2010

All three of my kids grew up (well one still is) on SMA Gold. Really good stuff. We buy loads of it from the UK. Now we've run out and I am desperately looking for a place to buy in the United States. Any suggestions?

“because of the taste & quality specialy ingridiants...”

written by on 21/05/2010

because of the taste & quality specialy ingridiants looks like breast milk so i think it is one of the best.Actualy it is refrenced in Nelson refrence book as law Na milk!

“but i have promblem and is that i cant find it in...”

written by on 04/05/2010

but i have promblem and is that i cant find it in other countrise...speacially in asia

“I only breast fed my baby for 1 week, but he was a big...”

written by on 22/02/2010

I only breast fed my baby for 1 week, but he was a big baby and didn't seem to be getting enough from me. I tried SMA gold and haven't had the need to change it. My baby loves the milk, has had no bad reaction to it, and fills his nappy once to twice a day and he is thriving. He is now sleeping through, & has been from 6 weeks. SMA is definitely good for him, I just wish that it was a little bit cheaper, as we go through a tin a week, and once I go on to maternity pay, things are going to be tight, milk used to be subsidised (my mum says) if you bought at the clinic, so why have they stopped this - stupid ? obviously, because people need to buy the milk for their babies, but £7.20 a tin is a bit steep I feel. All babies are different though, so you would expect what is good for one baby, not necessarily to be for another - I can't stand sprouts, but some folk love them !!!

“I changed to this from using aptamil to see if it...”

written by on 07/02/2010

I changed to this from using aptamil to see if it would help my 5month baby sleep in the night but it left her really constipated for 5days and we had to see the emergency doctor. We have changed her back to aptamil and shes much happier and am giving het cloudy apple juice 1 teaspoon to every ounce to help unblock her tummy. I will never use sma on my baby again after the pain she went through.

“I have three children and used SMA gold on my first...”

written by PieDizzle on 05/02/2010

I have three children and used SMA gold on my first two without any problems, they were left satisfied and asleep after each feed. However all babies are different and my youngest had to be moved onto Aptimil as SMA gold made him sick. I have heard many midwives comment on how rich and heavy SMA gold is so it can put babies in alot of pain if it isn't the right one for them.

“I am a mum of two boys one now 19 and one coming up to...”

written by on 03/08/2009

I am a mum of two boys one now 19 and one coming up to 17 i did not breast feed my sons at all i did not want to even though my consultant tried to make me as it was supposed to be best for baby ! during my first pregnancy i read all about different formulas and i chose SMA Gold Infant Formula Milk because it stated it was the closest to breast milk both my sons were brought up on it and i recommend to anyone its the best without a doubt !

“my baby is now 4 weeks old the 1st 2-3 weeks i used...”

written by on 23/07/2009

my baby is now 4 weeks old the 1st 2-3 weeks i used sma gold infant formula which he didnt poo for 7 days and was in a lot of pain in the stomach area reccomended by a friend i tried cow and gate with a bit of boiled water and within one day was less constipated and slept alot more easier i would defo recomend this the only down side to this is he seems to wake more often not in pain but more hungry(mayb hes just getting bigger or maybe the milk is less filling????

Stoonash's Comment

Written on: 13/10/2009

I found this review very helpful because my baby is suffering from constipation aswell, I had heard from others that it may have been down to SMA gold formula, I will now try my little man on another formula! Thank you!

“I buy the ready made SMA Gold Infant Formula Milk...”

written by robemma on 25/05/2009

I buy the ready made SMA Gold Infant Formula Milk cartons. They are really handy and a good price especially if you don't want the hassle of mixing powder feeds. I make sure I leave a small carton at grandparents houses then I don't have to worry about having everything but the kitchen sink when we go visiting!!

“I've feed all three of my baby's on SMA Gold Infant...”

written by on 26/11/2008

I've feed all three of my baby's on SMA Gold Infant Formula Milk and never had any problems. my children are healthy and normally developed i would recommend this milk to anyone.

“All in all not bad at all but my son is now 7 months...”

written by on 14/11/2008

All in all not bad at all but my son is now 7 months he is weaning and I am thinking fo changing to SMA Progress

“i was using cow and gate comfort from her being 2...”

written by vess78 on 31/10/2008

i was using cow and gate comfort from her being 2 weeks and she was great but after they changed the formula ingredients my baby started to become unsettled so this past week i have tried sma gold, my baby has become even more unsettled and seems constantly hungry i upped her feed which didn't work, she has also become very sicky and pulls her face when i go anywhere near her with the teat, I'm now trying aptimal which has been recommended which will hopefully settle her. she's 2 months old now so hopefully it will work for her.

“My 4 month old girl started with SMA Gold Infant...”

written by rontL on 26/09/2008

My 4 month old girl started with SMA Gold Infant Formula Milk upto 3 1/2 months old. She suffers from bad reflux and colic. After 6 trips to the chiropractor did no real good, and puzzled him and the HV, His assistant recommended we try Cow and Gate milk, as it helped her grand daughter. After 1 week on C and G she made a remarkable improvement. The milk needed no thickeners so we stopped using the baby Gaviscon, which helps the reflux problem.
The colic is much less due to less constipation.

“I used this for my daughter and she was absolutely...”

written by scarfomel on 28/08/2008

I used this for my daughter and she was absolutely fine on it right up until 8 months when I then moved her onto SMA follow on formula. With my son however it doesn't seem to agree with him and we have had to switch as he seemed to have trouble with trapped wind and being sick following his feed.

“SMA Gold Infant Formula Milk is a very good formula as...”

written by on 20/07/2008

SMA Gold Infant Formula Milk is a very good formula as my son took to it very easily and it has agreed with him in the past four months...

Asked by olorunnisola on 11th February 2015 Report this content
I just got SMA for my 4 month old baby but it has no gold written on it. Is that true?

Asked by bagstaff on 30th March 2014 Report this content
Were can I buy SMA Gold Prem 2?

Asked by donkol on 12th December 2013 Report this content
What's the quantity measurement a month old baby?

Asked by Zepher10 on 11th December 2013 Report this content
I use Nan (Nestle product) for my baby... which is a sweet tasting milk. My son, 4 months old, refuses to switch over to SMA Gold as the taste is quite strange (i taste all his milk before feeding)a bit like bad medicine... Is that the case due to vegetable oils used and less of sugar. How do i wean him to it?

Asked by manbragah on 6th December 2013 Report this content
Please my baby is six months now and am now feeding her with sma can I give her the sma one?