Fender Mustang Reviews

Fender Mustang - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Fender Mustang

Fender Mustang
Fender Mustang

“I would not buy this guitar again, my son is an...”

Written on: 04/10/2008 by JohnDawnson (1 review written)

I would not buy this guitar again, my son is an excellent player and he sounds horrible with it. His band played at a concert for a retirement house last week and he was applauded. This week he played at a coffee shop were he is a regular musician and he was asked to leave for the first time without even being payed, and the only difference was that he used this guitar at the coffee shop. I got it replaced because i thought it might just have been defective but the new one did the same thing with the string. I do not recommend this guitar.

“The body is perfect. The neck feels great it doesn't...”

Written on: 08/05/2008

The body is perfect. The neck feels great it doesn't hold you back from playing well. The 'Fender Mustang' would be my possible most favourite Fender Out Of Them All. I have heard The 'Mustang' goes out of tune very easily unless you have a Tune 'O Matic bridge. I am looking for a 1968 Fender Mustang Placid Blue...Any Ideas???

“Both clean and distortion channels sound great for...”

Written on: 24/01/2008

Both clean and distortion channels sound great for grunge and blues and also rock.

“The Fender Mustang Electric Guitar has a lovely shape...”

Written on: 08/01/2008

The Fender Mustang Electric Guitar has a lovely shape and fantastic neck.It weighs literally Nothing. It's super comfortable to play. Great Guitar, but I would like to see the pick ups changed.

“I have played Mustangs for about 35 yrs. I started...”

Written on: 23/10/2007 by dnall (1 review written)

I have played Mustangs for about 35 yrs. I started with a circa 1966 blue Duosonic 2,
then a mid 70's sunburst Mustang, then a 1966 white/redPG Music Master II (2 pickups, tremelo
bar bridge - brass nut) Now a 1977 black Mustang.

“My Fender Mustang - I have just bought in a second...”

Written on: 02/06/2007 by Mafuew (1 review written)

My Fender Mustang - I have just bought in a second hand shop for £350. Its Lake Placid Blue with Racing Stripes and it is in brilliant shape.

I got it home and tuned it into standard straight away and played it through my small clone and my crate. You can get some real nice tones from it. Some real nice blues tones to some really scratchy tinny tones. I prefer it to be just about in the middle, leaning towards higher tones.

I had to trade an acoustic guitar and an electro harmonix Big Muff pedal as well as £350 for it and it was well worth it. It keeps tune real well, I've been playing it since I got it and I haven't had to re-tune it.

The neck is perfect, it looks incredible. its light. its perfect! Fender brought it out for students and i think its perfect for beginners to advanced players. I've been playing five years and id never go to anything else now.Like i said, its the perfect guitar. I've wanted one for three years and it was well worth the wait, plus - the competition Mustangs (w/Racing Stripe) increase in value every year because fender don't make them anymore.

The best guitar I've ever played.

“The Fender Mustang electric guitar was one of those...”

Written on: 29/12/2005 by stratfrets63 (1 review written)

The Fender Mustang electric guitar was one of those once in a life-time steals finding a 1964 'Stang,; certainly one thing I'll be telling over breaks during jams for years to come. I understand it's still common to find vintage 'Stangs for pennies on the dollar compared to Strats and Telecasters. If you can find one, grab one before people wise up and start collecting them and the price jacks up. I saw one the other day on Ebay that sold for $850. Awesome deal for whomever was lucky enough to win that bid.

Bassintom's Response to stratfrets63's Review

Written on: 07/02/2006

i picked up a '68 mustang back in 75 or 76 for $125.00. put a new neck on it in 81 or 82 (still have the original neck stamped)...it has been refinished a few times and does not have the original pickups or plate. i'll never get rid of it.

Read 1 Comment

“I traded in 2 cheap guitars and an analog 4 track for...”

Written on: 19/09/2005 by turdfurgunsun (1 review written)

I traded in 2 cheap guitars and an analog 4 track for my Fender Mustang. I've own sub-par guitars all my life' I'm 33 and I've played $150 dollar guitars all my life now it's time for daddy to cash in on a classic true Fender 69 Mustang! I've had for 2 days and love it. Definitely a flashy good tone swweeet axe!

“Fender Mustang: First of all: I am not a pro, but have...”

Written on: 27/05/2005 by hhackman (1 review written)

Fender Mustang: First of all: I am not a pro, but have played guitar for 30 years in various bands and have also done gigs and still am in a small scale (well would do bigger if there was an audience). Have had Strato, played with Heritage Les Paul and an old Aria.

I play mainly blues,60's soul, MKnopfler and Clapton and this guitar gives me all the sounds (specially with my Peavey Classic tube amp) that I need. I am not using any effects, since I get needed sounds from the bright rhythm for soul to the lowtone blues riffs with the basic switch combinations from my guitar and amp. But of course if you are looking for specially Strato sound then Mustang is not what you need. It is not a ministrato. It is Mustang and a personal sound. I love the combination with Peavey amp. It is much softer compared playing with Fender 60 proverb amp.

Technically it is basically good: stays well in tune, neck is great for me. My piece of guitar is made in Japan early 2000. I am not using vibe, so cannot say a lot what it does for tuning. Mics are single coils and simple, but what can you expect with this price. Switches work well and there is a good collection of switch positions available. For certain (2) switch combinations the guitar is noicy, which is annoying, but for me there are the best choices left and I can manage.

I would strongly recommend this guitar for the kind of music that I play. Not for heavy guitarists. Price/quality ratio is good. Give it a try in your store.

“Fender Mustang - Great guitar, great looks, fun to...”

Written on: 23/09/2004 by lanettonra (1 review written)

Fender Mustang - Great guitar, great looks, fun to play, great for the beginner, or the expert. If you can find one in good shape, buy it, it's worth it.

Rafael Pizarro's Response to 171630_lanettonra's Review

Written on: 08/04/2005

The Belkings in Perú were the best instrumental group in the sixties and number 3 in the world in those times. All of their hits were played with a Fender Mustang guitar

Read 1 Comment