Haagen Dazs Pistachio Reviews

Haagen Dazs Pistachio - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Haagen Dazs Pistachio

“Disappointing ”

written by Longkk458 on 21/10/2023

Love Haagen daz ice cream but this is very expensive, much smaller size than normal tub of ice cream. Better to buy haagen daz vanilla, add chopped pistachios a few fresh raspberries and for a bit more decadence either clotted cream or whipped cream. Won't be buying this again

“Awesome ”

written by MarcelDolan on 17/03/2015

The best so far! Pistachio nuts in every spoonful.

“Best mass-market ice cream I have ever bought.”

written by on 10/08/2014

"Not enough whole or half pistachios"??? If that reviewer wants pistachios, buy a bag of them, for Pete's sake. This is ICE CREAM. The pistachio are chopped small, as they should be; it is the cut surface[s] of any nut/fruit/veggie that releases the flavor into a soup/stew/ice cream. Most pistachio food items are so obviously artificially flavored (and colored bilious green). The negative reviews here make me suspect that's what those reviewers miss in this incredibly dense, smooth, subtly, NATURALLY flavored pistachio ice cream. I'm sick to report that I've not been able to find it in my area groceries for several months. I guess it was just too good for the modern palate.

“just nuts mixed in wonderful icecream”

written by Shea331 on 05/03/2014

My favorite. Not a lot of gooey syrups. Just nuts and ice cream and no green dyes Very natural. Hard to find lately.

“My favorite ice cream from grocery store ”

written by bastani on 15/05/2013

What I like about the ice cream is its creamy texture and hints of pistachio, what I call Peste. The Peste ice cream should not be full of Peste but it has to contain high percentage of milk and fat which this one is good counting on US standards. Increasing the size and a little bit of the count of pistachios can improve it.

“No Pistachio Lover Will Find This To be a Friend!!!”

written by gwgirl38 on 15/12/2012

Obviously, the people involved in this recipe are not Pistacho lovers! I was SOOOOOOOO excited to see this on the shelf and SOOOOOOOOO disappointed when tasting it. Don't get me wrong, the ice cream itself was very delicious BUT the tiny bits of pistacio were not only totally inadequate BUT insulting to pistacio lovers. Where are the half and whole pistachios? Overall, VERY disappointed! I can speak for all pistachio lovers everwhere....this falls WAY short and we want more and bigger nuts!

“Not Enough Pistachios!”

written by on 02/10/2012

A couple of years ago, Haagen Dazs dramatically reduced the number of pistachios in their pistachio ice cream. There are virtually no whole pistachios in their ice cream any more. Only slivers. Their ice cream used to be fantastic because it had so many whole roasted pistachios but those days are over. Not anymore. This ice cream is now a disappointment. I've started buying the competition's ice cream, which is generally cheaper and still has a good number of whole pistachios in its ice cream.

“Best Supermarket Ice Cream I ever have. Too bad, no...”

written by on 06/01/2010

Best Supermarket Ice Cream I ever have. Too bad, no longer available in our area's grocery stores. Some how it just vanished.

“Haagan Daz pistachio ice cream is my favorite ice...”

written by Lilacgypsy on 05/04/2009

Haagan Daz pistachio ice cream is my favorite ice cream ever! If it cost $10 a pint, I would buy it without a moments hesitation. While their vanilla ice cream is ok, I have a real addiction to the pistachio. I have tried other brands of pistachio ice cream, when you can find them, there are not many available. Ben and Jerry's just isn't Haagen Daz pistachio. H D is simply "to die for".

“Let me start off with I love Haagen Dazs ice cream....”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by Primony on 25/08/2008

Let me start off with I love Haagen Dazs ice cream. First off pistachios don't melt in your mouth as choc chips do. It's crunchy and sticks to your teeth. Second, pistachios don't flavor the rest of the ice cream so unless you have a mouthfull of nuts in your mouth (don't laugh) all you taste is the vanillia ice cream. And unless you chew your ice cream then you're not going to like this.

This was the first time in my life that I tossed a full tub of icecream in the trash.