Bassetts Fruit Allsorts Reviews

Bassetts Fruit Allsorts
4.0

Bassetts Fruit Allsorts - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Bassetts Fruit Allsorts

“What Happened to Fruit Allsorts?”

written by eleniv22 on 09/07/2011

I am not a sweet fan and never had a sweet tooth but i first brought fruit allsorts at the airport a few years back and ever since then I've loved them. This year however, I can not find them anywhere, in no sweet shops, in no supermarkets, nowhere! Where have they gone to? And when are they bringing them back?!

“i dislike liquorice and the red rubbery substitute is...”

written by on 13/05/2009

i dislike liquorice and the red rubbery substitute is edible. bassetts allsorts start out with nice fruity flavour, but the flavour starts to get indistinct after a few sweets.

“As a coeliac with an allergy to gluten, i cannot eat...”

written by fearless fanny on 12/12/2006

As a coeliac with an allergy to gluten, i cannot eat licorice but I COULD eat the licorice midget gems. I need my licorice fix! Why can't Olmpus Sports miuxture have blackcurrent and Midget gems have licorice - seems fair to me.

“I've loved Bassetts Fruit Allsorts since the moment I...”

written by Brian Invincible on 08/06/2006

I've loved Bassetts Fruit Allsorts since the moment I first had one. I hate black liquorice with a vengeance, so these seemed like the perfect product to try. They taste lovely, and they're really addictive too. Unfortunately, they're like Marmite in the way that you either love them or you hate them. Personally I love them. Give them a try, and if you like them, good for you!

“Bassetts Fruit Allsorts ”

written by corkscru74 on 22/04/2006

Bassetts Fruit Allsorts

I've never been a fan of liquorice. My brother loved it, I didn't, it's just the way things worked. I used to nibble the non liquorice bits off if I ever received a pack. And then, so I thought, my prayers were answered: Allsorts with Red Liquorice!!! Unfortunately the idea is better than the finished product. Fruit allsorts appear to be the regular allsorts with just the liquorice replaced by its red substitute, however, this is where Bassett's have made a fatal error. The whole point of allsorts is the strong taste of liquorice is contrasted by the sweet parts to make a tasty treat. Now that we have this new sweet red liquorice substitute we find this adds to the taste of the sweet parts and the result is WAY TOO SWEET! I dare you to eat a whole pack at once and you'll see what I mean. Bassett's have really missed an opportunity with this product. My advice? If you don't like liquorice try them but expect an extremely sugary treat.