Nikon Coolpix 3200 Reviews

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

Summary

3.34 Megapixel
3x Optical Zoom

Features:
  • 3.2-megapixel resolution for photo-quality 11 x 14-sized enlargements
  • 3x optical Zoom-Nikkor lens with 4x digital zoom
  • In-camera cropping; Quicktime movie mode with audio
  • Store images on 14.5 MB internal memory or optional Secure Digital (SD) cards (not included)
  • Powered by 2 AA-size batteries (alkaline included; rechargeable Ni-MH recommended); connects to computers via USB
  • Refine your search

“Nikon Coolpix 3200 - I have been looking for a digital...”

Written on: 28/12/2004 by myheddie (1 review written)

Nikon Coolpix 3200 - I have been looking for a digital camera for months. I have researched and read just about every review I could find about this camera and many others that are comparable. This is my first digital camera and I wanted to get my moneys worth. I know that I did it with this camera. It is so easy to operate - I took it out of the box and almost immediately began taking pictures before even looking at the manual. If you need something compact and easy to use this is the… Read Full Review

“I was looking for a digital camera to replace my old...”

Written on: 12/10/2004 by rbj1962 (4 reviews written)

I was looking for a digital camera to replace my old Olympus C2 which had been showing signs of its age and heavy use before it was stolen a few weeks ago (farewell my good and faithful servant).

For the replacement camera, I wanted something that was pocketable, had at least a three times zoom, some scene modes and at least a 3 mega-pixel sensor. My preference was for it to run on AA batteries, have a "Sport/Moving objects" scene mode and a panorama feature.

After shopping around I plumped… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to rbj1962's Review

Written on: 12/10/2004

A sparkling review there rbj1962 totally justifying the EXPERT rating.
    <br>
    <br>Prospective buyers: you won't need the instruction book!

Rohitmathew's Response to rbj1962's Review

Written on: 14/11/2005

Fabulous review. I happen to be an amateur and use the Nikon 3200. I just wanted to know how many shots on an average do you get on a single charge. I use NI-MH batteries 2500 mah. I use the display all the time too. The flash is utilized around 75% of the time.

Read 2 Comments

“Bought this camera just prior to a holiday ... had a...”

Written on: 10/08/2004 by kerryneil (4 reviews written)

Bought this camera just prior to a holiday ... had a few days to learn the basics and have learnt much more while on holiday. It is simple to use, though it is worth taking the time and trouble to learn and test out usage of different modes in different circumstances
    Having returned from holiday and looked at the images on screen, I am generally very impressed… Read Full Review

“I bought the Nikon Coolpix 3200 camera (from Amazon -...”

Written on: 08/08/2004 by parkkeeper (5 reviews written)

I bought the Nikon Coolpix 3200 camera (from Amazon - fantastic, quick service) because it was a 'Which' magazine 'Best Buy'. It supplements my two Pentax SLRs, but is great for slipping in my pocket when I don't want to lug the bigger cameras around. The Nikon has not disappointed me in any way. I am surprised that people have found problems with battery life - I followed the instructions in the handbook exactly, and found the two Nikon rechargeables supplied last around 1-2 weeks depending… Read Full Review

“I got a Nikon Coolpix 3200 as a second, "go...”

Written on: 02/08/2004 by blr (1 review written)

I got a Nikon Coolpix 3200 as a second, "go everywhere" camera for those occasions where taking my Olympus C5050 would be impractical. After taking about 200 pictures, I have to say that I like the small Coolpix 3200. The camera is compact but all controls are well placed and easily accessible. Although it's made of plastic it feels well built and quite sturdy.
    There is only a limited amount of manual overrides. It is a point and shot camera. If you like manual controls the 3200 is probably… Read Full Review