Canon PowerShot A75 Reviews

Resolution 3.2
Optical Zoom 3
Battery Type Alkaline or Rechargeable

Features:
  • 3.2-megapixel sensor captures enough detail to create photo-quality 10-by-14-inch enlargements
  • Canon 3x optical zoom lens combines with 3.3x digital zoom
  • 9-point autofocus; movie mode; 1.8-inch LCD monitor; PictBridge compatible
  • Store images on Compact Flash Type I memory cards (32 MB card included)
  • Powered by 4 AA-size batteries (alkaline included, rechargeable NiMH recommended)
  • Refine your search

“I'm quite happy with my A75. It takes great pictures...”

Written on: 25/12/2006 by jha07 (11 reviews written)

I'm quite happy with my A75. It takes great pictures indoors and outdoors. My only really complaints are the small LCD display, and that the camera is too heavy, which makes it a pain to carry around… Read Full Review

“I feel that the Canon PowerShot A75 digital camera...”

Written on: 16/05/2006 by hilmorgan (1 review written)

I feel that the Canon PowerShot A75 digital camera gives perfectly acceptable results as a point and shoot camera; comparable to any (non-digital) point and shoot camera I have used in the past. However, if you are serious about taking pictures, then you need a camera with better specs, or if you can afford it, a digital SLR… Read Full Review

“I bought my Canon PowerShot A75 to replace a much...”

Written on: 08/07/2004 by glsammy (2 reviews written)

I bought my Canon PowerShot A75 to replace a much loved HP 618.
    The Canon initially impressed, with excellent battery life and fast shutter performance. It was after downloading the pictures my main problem with this camera arose.
    Many pictures appear flat and under saturated, especially floral images. Of course the camera offers many other modes and setting the Exposure to -1 or even -2, made matters a lot better.
    Purple fringe is also a problem on more pictures than I expected.
    On overall… Read Full Review

Alderny's Response to glsammy's Review

Written on: 18/05/2005

As the owner of one of these cameras, I cannot agree with the colour saturation problem mentioned in this review. If anything, the A75 produces images with slightly over saturated colours. Also, the image quality is very good for a 3.2MP model, although my wife’s 5.1MP Sony camera does produce slightly crisper images - a difference that is scarcely discernable on 6x4 prints.
    <br>
    <br>This model has a versatile range of settings. For example, I have been able to get some impressive results with long exposure times under low light conditions (tripod mounted) and the panoramic facility is excellent too. The A75 helps with taking panoramic shots and Canon include a good program to stitch the separate images together.
    <br>
    <br>The only two features I would criticise are the rather small LCD screen and the flimsy plastic CF card cover. However, I would recommend anyone thinking of purchasing this camera to consider the A85 and A95 models, which are basically the same but with higher resolutions.

Read 1 Comment