Thierry Mugler Angel Reviews

• Strength of Scent

Summary

Angel by Thierry Mugler first appeared in 1992. Described as ''a voluptuous oriental gourmand with a top note of bergamot and helional , a delicious heart of fruit and honey and a sensual, passionate base of vanilla, chocolate, caramel and patchouli.''
Thierry Mugler Angel - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Thierry Mugler Angel

Thierry Mugler Angel

“Please, please bring back the orignal scent!!!!!!!”

Written on: 17/07/2019 by Jarvisxg145 (1 review written)

Again, please bring back the original scent of angel perfume!!!!!! It was a beautiful scent, always got rave reviews when I wore it!!!!!!… Read Full Review

“ANGEL'S FORMULA HAS DEFINITELY BEEN CHANGED!”

Written on: 17/02/2019 by Darbe369 (1 review written)

I first bought Angel Eau de Parfum when it came out in 1992, and I LOVED it. I wore it exclusively and always got compliments on it. But, in the last 2 years, I thought I was buying Angel, but it didn't smell like Angel and I threw it out. Thierry Mugler states the formula has NOT been changed, but that is not so. Read the reviews at their web site and you will see how many people say it HAS been changed. So many women who wear Angel can't be wrong. The formula definitely HAS been changed… Read Full Review

“PLEASE BRING BACK OLD ANGEL FORMULA!!!”

Written on: 10/12/2018 by Angel3643 (1 review written)

I have been using Angel since it first came out and knows my Angel because it's the only perfume I wear. My husband loves loves it on me and gets many compliments. I bought a new one Nov. 2018 from same store cuz I was running out and the smell is completely different than my original Angel that I have been wearing all these years! It doesn't last long, very alcohol smell, cheap smelling and not as potent!! VERY DISAPPOINTED AND SAD!! My husband can't even tell I had it on and asked if I was… Read Full Review

“What has happened to Angel perfume”

Written on: 24/02/2018 by RosieLA (1 review written)

2 weeks ago I had my angel perfume bottle refilled. What a terrible disappointment. I have been using Angel since it first came onto the market and I loved it. I took it back to the shop and was advised to contact the manufacturers. This I did explaining why I was unhappy with it and that the perfume was definately not the same as original Angel. I was sent a pre paid envelope to send in my refilled bottle. The response I had back was that they had refilled my bottle and that there was no… Read Full Review

“Angel scent changed”

Written on: 26/12/2017 by Chelle86 (1 review written)

Bought the 100ml bottle of this as i loved the scent. But it no longer smells the same, mugler have changed the scent and it's now not very nice and certainly doesn't linger like it used to, smells very weak. I shall be contacting mugler after the holidays as I really am not impressed… Read Full Review

“Not the same Angel”

Written on: 24/01/2016 by Nickz183 (1 review written)

I've been using Angel from the start and I loved it, but what happened? Why would you change a good thing? It just isn't the same. I'm upset I wasted good money on the last bottle I bought. I would not recommend it to anyone, now. The scent has changed dramatically. The scent was sweet chocolately before, I received a lots of compliments. Not anymore, now it is harsh… Read Full Review

“should be lighter”

Written on: 13/11/2015 by Greenyd86 (1 review written)

Women seem to love this scent but it's way-too-strong for me; I liked Angel Innocent better....I do, however, like the body cream! PLEASE use a light hand when spraying it, or you'll suffocate someone...Use too much, and it smells like gasoline! Packaging is beautiful… Read Full Review

“I agree scent no longer the same!”

Written on: 27/06/2015 by Newmanbi61 (1 review written)

This scent has changed!!! I've sent back two bottles. It's nowhere near what it used to be! So heartbroken. I loved this fragrance… Read Full Review

“dissapointed”

Written on: 31/08/2014 by JustineProctor (1 review written)

I am very upset I have taken my angel perfume bottle to have refilled to be told by the lady in shop that my bottle is not refillable.however I bought it as refillable. Box with black lines down side. Think this bottle has been mixed up in manufacting. Who do I contact… Read Full Review

“scent no longer lingers”

Written on: 27/12/2013 by Pootie11 (1 review written)

I have purchased the original perfume and body lotion for years. The quality has steadily decreased. The lotion feels watered down and the scent doesn't have the strength it had in the past. My thoughts are that they are creating less for the expensive buck… Read Full Review

Pootie11's Response to Pootie11's Review

Written on: 21/07/2014

I totally agree. Less quality, watered down lotions and shorter lasting scent. I see the price has not proportionally decreased. cary

Susane2012's reply to Pootie11's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2014

Hi I , I totally agree ti have been using angel perfume for over 10years and loved the way it lasted all day. But my last 2 purchases have not had the same lasting fragrance . Disappointed As I thought buying the refills would save me money doesn't smell or last as long

Dickie-B's Response to Pootie11's Review

Written on: 11/05/2015

I feel the scent has changed. Angel now seems so much spicier and less sweet, even with a bit more Incense thrown in. It is not the beautiful fragrance that it used to be. Thierry Mugler deny a reformulation but it's is definitely not as nice as it was.
Someone said that maybe my body chemistry has changed, which is possible but even when I sniff Angel from the bottle it smells different.
So disappointed as I have loved Angel for 20 years but it has lost its sparkle!

Read 3 Comments

“The perfume has changed or is weaker now”

Written on: 16/12/2012 by Khadija56 (1 review written)

I have used Angel sinc it first came out and originally used to be able to spray it on in the morning and it would last all day,which was one of the things I loved about it...... but now the smell dissapears quickly. It no longer lingers till the morning if you wore it and the body cream the night before. The price has increased but the quality has decreased.....maybe they are making it weaker even though it is perfume for economicval reasons but they should say or reduce the price. Here in… Read Full Review

Ellabache8789's Response to Khadija56's Review

Written on: 02/03/2013

maybe your nose has become desensitized to the smell after using it for so many years, you can liken this to how dog owners don't detect the smell of their dog in the house but as soon as a guest walks in it hits them right in the face!

Dbongiov's Response to Khadija56's Review

Written on: 04/10/2013

Agreed! The perfume smells completely different. The eau de toilette smells similar when sprayed on but doesn't last. In am so disappointed after 25 years!!!

Msheather5's Response to Khadija56's Review

Written on: 22/08/2013

I agree. It has changed. It's more fruity and doesn't last. I asked the mfr, Mugler, and they insist it hasn't changed, but I was certain it wasn't my nose, so I went on line and I purchased a set of "celestial" lotion and shower gel. The celestial type products have the old scent, I was able to tell the difference immediately... and that night when I changed into pj's I could still smell it on my clothes. The perfume bottle hasn't changed, but the other product packaging has. The new, in plastic toothpaste shaped bottles, does not have the same scent as the old in the small, more oval, shampoo type bottles that say "celestial" on them. It's NOT your imagination.

Kez44M's Response to Khadija56's Review

Written on: 15/03/2013

I have found the same happening.. the fragrance does not last and the price has increased even here in Australia ...

Shafeeqa's Response to Khadija56's Review

Written on: 14/03/2013

I just searched the internet about the change in Angel perfume, and surprised to find so many people experiencing the same problem! It doesn't have the same deep, beautiful cloud of magic that I used to love. My husband even asked me why I don't wear Angel anymore and was shocked to hear that I was wearing it, but its so sweet and faint now, like candy and without all the underlying notes that made it special. I thought it was my body chemistry that may have changed, but everyone seems to be having the same problem. I even had it refilled from The Source at a retail store and it's no better, so I know that its not just a bad bottle I got last time.

Geoannie's reply to Shafeeqa's Comment

Written on: 17/06/2013

I bought a bottle in Faro airport and I cannot smell it on me no lingering fragrance nod my husband cannot smell it either . I use to always feel special wearing Angel it's lingering undertones were fabulous

Read 6 Comments

“Thierry Mugler Fragrance is Heavenly Delicious”

Written on: 03/12/2011 by LaurenBianca (1 review written)

Angel by Thiery Muglers is one of the most sexiest fragrance in the world. If a woman wears this fragrance and she is not sexy this will make her sexy. I have never in my life experieced a fragrance with such sophistication and warmth. The fragrance smells and feels as if you are floating on a cloud. Each woman who wears this fragrance Angel will fall in love with it. Angel is only for the most sophisticated. Angel must be warn on the skin and not your clothes so it will evlvolve with your body… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to LaurenBianca's Review

Written on: 17/04/2012

ive been wearing angel for a long time and i just got some more body lotion and im noticing it doesnst smell the same as my older stuff has anyone else notice the change in it???

Read 1 Comment

“I was given this product for Christmas and I'm...”

Written on: 03/01/2011

I was given this product for Christmas and I'm extremely disappointed. There is hardly any powder that comes out when you use it Big box with very small puff.
I wouldn't recommend this to anyone! Very expensive for very small amount of product!… Read Full Review

“I asked for this for christmas as I've heard such...”

Written on: 28/12/2010 by 02grisf (2 reviews written)

I asked for this for christmas as I've heard such great things about the perfume and I was taken in by the advertising campaign of 'childhood memories'. I genuinely thought this perfume would be great for me.

However, having received it for christmas I tried it on and despite my absolute best efforts and expectation to like it, I found that it was a very sickly sweet, somewhat-nauseating smell that simply would not go away. I sprayed it on my wrist to test it and and I was actually quite… Read Full Review

“This is a warm, woodsy scent that will get your...”

Written on: 23/11/2010

This is a warm, woodsy scent that will get your compliments every time you wear it. I am however concerned now about reports that it contains the same ingredients found in pesticides? That Clarins, who distributes it in the United States is well aware of this fact, but chooses not to make it public. That Angel has not been fully tested. That Clarins has intentially refused to follow federal labeling regulations. The FDA wants them to declare Angel Perfume misbranded and/or mislabeled, and… Read Full Review

“This perfume has to be the worst I've ever smelt. And...”

Written on: 27/10/2010

This perfume has to be the worst I've ever smelt. And what's worse is it lingers for so long that it's nauseating and overwhelmingly bad. Can't understand how it could be so expensive, to be honest I thought it was a cheapo perfume when I first smelt it as it just doesn't smell quality to me. The bottle is pretty, but that's where it ends. Utterly reeks and the only other women I've smelt it on were old, maybe 50 years and over, which I think are more suited to such a heavy, overpowering scent… Read Full Review

“I have smelled some bad scents...but this is one is an...”

Written on: 23/10/2010

I have smelled some bad scents...but this is one is an all time bad and lingering scent which I would not reccommend to anyone… Read Full Review

“Absolutely beautiful. I wear it so often my friends...”

Written on: 14/08/2010

Absolutely beautiful. I wear it so often my friends and family know it's me if I walk into a room and not many people can pull it off. The scent is very strong and lasts for ages so you don't need to use much to get the full effect. Admitted it does weaken after a good few hours which ofcourse every perfume does, but even days later I can still smell it on my clothes. I love how unique it is (a little pricey but it is definitely worth it) and I can't understand how anybody wouldn't like it… Read Full Review

“I also think this scent has changed, I have worn this...”

Written on: 09/06/2010

I also think this scent has changed, I have worn this perfume practically since it came out, but no more. The smell doesn't last any time at all. I used to be able to smell it on clothes but it just doesn't linger. I too think this now has undertones of cat pee instead of the fresh scent it used to have. My husband knew when I was near as he could always smell my angel perfume, and even nicknamed me 'angel', he said he could smell it in his car long after I had got out. His words were 'what is… Read Full Review

“I love Angel, but I dont think it lasts as long as it...”

Written on: 30/05/2010

I love Angel, but I dont think it lasts as long as it once did. I was told it would linger behind me if I left a room, and I would often catch a whiff of it if if my clothes moved a certain way, but not so much now....Maybe my nose is just too used to it?

I have not noticed a change in the scent. I still think its beautiful and wont stop wearing it… Read Full Review

Msheather5's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2013

You are correct. I thought it was me, but a lot of other people have noticed it as well. The old "celestial" scent was not as fruity and lasted all day.

Read 1 Comment