Viking Direct www.viking-direct.co.uk

Viking Direct www.viking-direct.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Viking Direct www.viking-direct.co.uk

“No delivery”

written by jwPratt481 on 27/08/2023

No delivery for 1 week, finally cancelled with template explication. Never order from Viking again

“WORST EVER COMPANY in my 39 years of buying ”

written by Dumper123 on 12/06/2023

An account of order I placed with Viking. Ordered 3 rolls of printer tape and a set of marker pens. Order was stated as free delivery in August 2021 signed into Paypal and authorised payment. 2 days later informed pens were discontiued and did I still want tape, of course I did I would not have ordered otherwise! 3 days later tape delivered by which time I had bought elsewhere. Received email showing postage charged. Spoke to customer services which took ages trying to explain, then received credit for postage on which I see that they were still charging for the discontinued pens. This time I emailed them and was given the reply that the tape had been delivered and whom signed for it, They cannot read their emails properly, another email sent and another credit given. put the tape in my drawer as did not need it now and put it down to my error for ordering from them. A few weeks later received email stating account was overdue. I do not and never had a credit account with Viking. I replied stating that it was paid by Paypal and had no reply. 14 months later receivced another email stating money was owed, again replied stating was paid by Paypal and again no reply from them. December 2022 received an email and letter from Flintbishop solictors chasing a debt of £39.44 from Viking. I emailed them a copy of my order which stated payment method Paypal and they said this was not proof. Went into my Paypal emails and seached VIKING and found nothing from Paypal. Went into my Paypal account and all orders over 12 months archived. Ask them to cover my costs contacting Paypal and was refused. Ask them to arrange collection of these unwanted goods and refused. I have since discovered that Viking use a different name with Paypal OFFICE DEPOT INTERNATIONAL and the single word VIKING does not appear on the authorisation email so did not come up in my search. Now I have also since read that Flintbishop specialise in collecting unpaid monies by working efficiently with their clients and clients customers clearly not! They could have contacted Viking to see why they produced this order document stating payment method Paypal and informed me of Vikings other trading name. but did nothing apart from trying to add their fee. Wrote to Vikings CEO in UK, beware that Viking do not inform Google when they change CEOs so got the wrong person, Recieved reply stating money was due, had to ask again WHY as paid by Paypal. Apparently because an item was discontinued they moved my order to "invoice". The correct way to have dealt with this as Paypal have since confirmed to me was to "capture" my authorised payment and issue a partial refund via Paypal. This is what has been done by other suppliers in the past with no issues. By moving this to "invoice" they have avoided paying Paypal fees, Whatever reasons they state, this cannot be denied, I was told that they sent three letters regarding this to me which is completly untrue, ask for proof and none received, Apparently I have an online Portal that I can access copies of these letters. Found a link to this but contained only reminders. Viking NEVER told me this order went to invoice. Looking at the figure I owed something was wrong, I checked the original order and they had still charged postage, I was then told the order was not free postage because it was not over £49.99. I went on their website and free postage over £30 now, Sent them this original order again which stated free postage and they sent me a credit note on PDF which is easy accessed rather than a Portal with no appology for the over charging. I have paid the revised invoice by bacs and I think unwise by Paypal but have notified Paypal of this fee avoidence, I know this was only a small amount but this could be a small link in a larger chain if Viking move other authorised Paypal purchases to "invoice"they are avoiding a lot of fees. Let Paypal investigate if they wish. As you can see Viking customer service and accounts department and solicitors need something!!

“DO NOT USE”

written by Vicente13 on 16/12/2022

Bought it on 13th, promised next day delivery, didn't turn up so I cancelled on their Livechat on 15th. The day after I cancel (16th) they dispatch it. Pathetic customer service, misleading information on the website. Items are not stocked at Viking, but at their suppliers. Communication between them and their suppliers must rely on "some bloke ringing them up" because this is disgraceful. I WANT MY MONEY BACK. Now been told I have to wait 90 working hours for a reply.

“BEWARE - NON EXISTANT CUSTOMER SERVICE!”

written by on 19/10/2022

Viking used to be an amazing company. Used to use them a few years back when I was buying for another company. Everything was excellent, delivery always on time, any issues resolved promptly. Just took over the buying for a charity and decided to use Viking again. BIGGEST MISTAKE. THE COMPANY IS UNRECOGNISABLE. Needed a printer urgently to set up an off site food bank the next day. Placed order on the website at 9.30am and paid by the charity debit card, and received a confirmation email 5 mins later. Thought all good. At approximately 4.45 missed a call from Viking so called them straight back. 1. The first person I spoke to didn't seem to know what was going on, but said to me that as we were a new customer the Credit Control dept were doing their 'investigations'. I reminded her that we hadn't asked for credit, the order was paid for and our bank had already authorised the payment as pending for Viking (Checked while on the phone). She said they would call me back probably the next day. I informed her that that was unacceptable as the order was urgent, and if they could not deliver they should just say so. After some insistence she finally agreed to put me through to Credit Control. 2. The second person (in Credit Control) just started repeating everything the first one said just in a louder voice! I informed her that I can speak louder as well so I suggest she lowers her voice. Once again I explained that this order was urgent, paid for, and she needs to confirm whether they can deliver or not. She turned around and said we they can't deliver as they had only just received the order at 4.30pm. I informed her that I had a confirmation email from 9.35 am, but she kept on insisting that they had only just received the order, and eventually cut me off! 3. I called back immediately, and spoke to another person in Credit Control. Who said to me they can't deliver as we hadn't paid for it. I sent her a copy of the confirmation email as well as screenshot of the bank payment authorisation, but this Credit Control person didn't seem to understand and said 'that means they haven't paid us'. I then had to educate her about how card authorisation works and she replied, 'you should wait a couple of days for the bank to pay'!!! Her other alternative suggestion was that we should make another payment by bank transfer.!!! Eventually, she said her shift was up, and I gave up. Time 6.00pm. Next morning I emailed Viking to cancel the order and our account, and placed another order with another company with no headache and perfect delivery. The food bank had to be delayed for a few days due to Viking's incompetence. BEWARE.

“It took email after email to get money back ”

written by dzSpencer500 on 14/09/2022

I ordered some paper. It never arrived. Viking Direct told me that it had been "re-directed" to their warehouse. It took 6 emails to get most of the money credited back to my credit card. They claimed that was all I had paid. I sent them a photo of my credit card bill. Viking then said I had been over charged!! They eventually credited remainder to my Viking account, which is the last place I wanted it to end up as I have no intention of ever using Viking again. Hopeless company - unreliable (failure to deliver) and untrustworthy (over charged).

“Useless”

written by ASH12345678 on 12/06/2022

Van driver said I had all the boxes ,I noticed in his van another one of mine,and said another 2 should be there,this was denied. Next day contacted and asked where my other 2 parcels where,and told they where returned to the depot,so lie from the driver. I have contacted 3 times and each time told on van for delivery,and guess what seen a pig fly by and still no outstanding parcels.I have real difficulty with the call staff and understanding their strong accents!. I will try again but no doubt same old story, will end up in dispute with the credit card company. Stay well clear from this outfit,they would have had a repeat order every 2 weeks!

“Shame on you Viking!”

written by Lindsay111 on 24/12/2021

Been a Viking customer for approx 30 years. Placed a business stationary order (as normal) - they sent it to the wrong address - they have admitted this. They have tried to recover the parcel from the address, but appear to have failed. Despite this being their fault they are continuing to invoice me for the missing order (over £500!) Had many promises from customer service and credit control teams to credit my account, but they never do... Instead, I receive Final notices, credit rating warning and threats to send to debt recovery. Nice try Viking - NO WAY. Had no choice but to refer to legal.

“Persistently sent marketing information”

written by Halevie on 26/10/2021

Persistently sent marketing information when I told them to stop. Eventually had to raise a complaint to the ICO but they STILL sent it. Threatened them with court action and they finally removed my details. If you can't trust a business with your data, I wouldn't do business with them.

“Viking Direct have rewrote time, 72 hrs=9 days ”

written by montymck on 20/09/2021

While waiting for a collection I contacted service. Their agent said a collection will be booked 72 hours after being arranged. I said it has been 8 days and not heard anything. They said there's still 1 day left. I said 72 hours is 3 days. No there's still 1 day to go. "we only work 8 hours so 72 / 8 = 9 days" I have never read such utter nonsense

“Terrible service can't be bothered to arrange collection”

written by on 08/09/2021

My parcel for return sat in my porch for almost x6 weeks, the company kept asking same questions and sending same repeat emails, they did not listen to a word which was said, I would not recommend and would never use again

“Hugely disappointed with this lot. I placed an order...”

written by Shane14 on 05/08/2021

Hugely disappointed with this lot. I placed an order yesterday for several of a product which was a very good price; today I received an email cancelling it and claiming the manufacturer has discontinued it, but the manufacturer tell me it is certainly not discontinued and they have plenty of stock! I can only conclude that Viking realised they were selling it too cheaply, so invented an excuse to cancel it. :-(

“Untrustworthy and non-existent customer service”

written by nursmark on 30/07/2021

Rubbish 30/07/2021 Purchase date 02/07/2021 of a faulty camera. Asked for a replacement battery and received an empty box. Asked for a refund and have now sat in for three occasions of 48 to 72 hours waiting for a non existent arranged collection. Viking customer service just makes empty promises and fobs you off with deceit. I have asked for a complete refund forthwith. I will keep this site updated and I would suggest DO NOT BUY FROM VIKING. Rubbish Bought an expensive camera, arrived faulty, given an email address in France to ask for help with no response. Customer service call center in South Africa who continually fob you off. Still waiting for the item to be collected three weeks+ after purchase. Appalling service

“They might deliver, but they will never take it back”

written by Marcel476 on 13/07/2021

Been waiting weeks for a collection of a faulty chair, at first they would say their courier would collect, but now they just ignore all communications. Lots of similar reviews online, so seems to be a common problem (despite the may 5-star reviews that all look very suspicious).

“Taken money but no product”

written by AiyanaKoenig157 on 12/07/2021

Ordered a monitor which was listed as 'in stock'. Money was taken immediately. Delivery was slow, so I contacted them and was told "it's on the way, delivery by a date 5 days off". I waited until after that date, no item arrived, so I looked online to see my order now listed as 'back order'. I'd not been notified. I waited a week. No item. I needed the monitor, so asked for a refund and was told it will take 11 working hours to cancel the order. 15 working hours later, no cancellation or communication. I contacted them again and pointed out the 11 working hours had passed, I just got a very abrupt response that the request had been put in - no timescale, no apology. A few days later, still nothing. They are happy to take your money straight away, but not so keen to get you the product they promised or to get you a refund. I'll not be using them again!

“Should have read the reviews”

written by DylanPike358 on 10/06/2021

Ordered very simple order: whiteboard & pens. Pens arrived but no sign of whiteboard despite them coming in the 'same' package. Raised a dispute and they offered to reorder item and if they refund original item they can give 10% for inconvenience. I have now been issued with a bill for double the amount agreed over the phone, reordered item not turned up and no sign of refund so far! So far I have spent £60 on 4 whiteboard pens! Some of it will be refunded from Paypal but the other £47 is an outstanding invoice which I have not authorised. I've logged it as a query and they have shut the complaint down.

“Disgrace Service”

written by Valeria208 on 14/05/2021

Purchased items and then canceled before delivery. However items were not cancelled and part of the order was delivered. After numerous calls and emails and two months later the items still have not been collected while Viking holds on to my money over €1000. Disgraceful service, lots of apologies and promises and still im not further to getting my money back 2 months later.

“Worst company ever!”

written by 336Kerr on 08/04/2021

Toook my money! i can not believe this company still exist! SOOOO BAD! NEVER EVER TRY

“PAY ME MY MONEY BACK.”

written by Lily297 on 22/02/2021

No goods-ordered in Jan. Asked for refund 6th Feb. Nothing. South African call centre cuts you off as soon as you mention refund and their MANAGERS ARE USELESS.

“Terrible company”

written by MagdalenaSheridan331 on 15/02/2021

Do not buy from this crowd. Order never arrived, wont refund or send a replacement. Told me to make a new order.

“Pathetic customer care”

written by zhiv12 on 30/01/2021

1) On the 2nd of December, I have ordered a printer and added some paper to the order. On the 4th of December, I have received only one parcel with the paper packs; there was no second parcel with a printer. 2) I have immediately called the customer support team who looked at my order and said that they see that the printer is out of stock. The was indeed a note "Product no longer available, Viking No NEWPKG" in my online order page. The customer support had apologised for it and told me that the printer will be due at the end of December and will be delivered as soon as in stock. 3) On the 3d of January, I have sent a message regarding the missing product to the customer support team and followed up with a phone call. I have received a confirmation that the system has indeed had a record of the missing product, and as it not yet back in stock, I have been promised a refund in 14 days. 4) After three weeks of waiting, I have escalated the case with PayPal, and Viking had changed a story - now they are claiming that they have delivered two packages. To prove that they said that they have a signature (a single signature). No evidence that two packages were delivered - just a single signature. Beware that this company has pathetic customer care.

Asked by Alanmcewan on 10th August 2017 Report this content
when you call the sales tel No where are you actually being put through to in the world when you get through to someone to take your order ?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Answers (2)
Report this content cuppcake Written on: 11/08/2017
I think it is a country somewhere near Iceland. I cannot actually remember which one, but when it comes to me I will let you know.
Report this content cuppcake Written on: 11/08/2017
I certainly would not give my credit card details to someone abroad. And not only that, the service is disgusting and they do not understand English anyway..so why bother.