Specsavers Reviews - www.specsavers.co.uk

Specsavers - www.specsavers.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Specsavers - www.specsavers.co.uk

Specsavers - www.specsavers.co.uk

“TEST 26 6 2022 SUTTON COLDFIELD”

Written on: 04/08/2022 by michaelboak (1 review written)

Excellent very thoughrer very proffessional good thing didnt need to change specs

“Absolute shambles”

Written on: 01/08/2022 by Wakie123 (1 review written)

Absolutely shocking customer service. I was treat like a commodity without any appology. I would not have any thing to do with this purely money making franchise. Stay well clear.

“Staff with out experience ”

Written on: 26/06/2022 by LaylahMcLeod (1 review written)

Very bad service,I did 2 per of glasses and no one was good very bad quality for my vision and young staff with out experience I have return the product and after 8 days still I did recive the refund! Next week if them is not refund me my money I will take legal action with Police Investigation Fraud Team,honestly I not recommend this company for make glasses if you don’t want trouble…

“Visit today”

Written on: 21/04/2022 by bobccollom (1 review written)

Excellent service. Attentive and professional without feeling pressurised Easy access and parking.

“Unprofessional”

Written on: 06/04/2022 by Hayes192 (1 review written)

Having been a customer and enrolled on their contact lenses scheme for about 10 years now, I have decided to leave after a frustrating month of continuous mistakes and unprofessional behaviour. I asked for a simple change on the scheme that required a contact lenses trial. Normally that would be sorted in about a week or 10 days (including the 5 days it takes to get the trial contact lenses delivered). I had to phone them continuously for 3 weeks just to finally get them to order the new lenses. Half the time no one picked up the phone, the few times they did, the employee did not even know what the process was. They kept telling me they would call me back and they never would. The final time I called, someone else finally knew what to do and ordered the lenses for the trial. I spent time and money on transport to go pick them up, only to find out that every single value of the prescription of the trial lenses they gave me was wrong. Absolutely EVERY value. I ended up with a headache. Their service is generally hit and miss - some stores do well and others have -clearly- very incompetent staff. Avoid.

“Expert Customer Service”

Written on: 24/03/2022 by isMcKee431 (1 review written)

Attended the Slough Branch and was overly impressed with the level of service received. The female Optometrist was extremely professional, helpful,informative, reassuring and cheerful throughout my appointment. I would definately recommend to family and friends due to the proffesionalism and satisfaction I felt when I left the shop. It is so nice to still get positive interaction due to the challenges we have been faced with over the past couple of years. Thank you. Visited 24.03.2022

“Terrible ”

Written on: 09/03/2022 by Grantv476 (1 review written)

I booked an appointment. Turned up and apparently there were no optometrists. They had my email and number and didn’t bother to let me know. I emailed specsavers to ask why and they never even responded. I will never use them now.

“Daventry soecsavers”

Written on: 22/02/2022 by qgPatterson485 (1 review written)

Waited to have glasses fitted. Took an intake of breath the wrong way and began to cough. I couldn’t stop coughing and other customers started to walk out of the waiting area giving me black looks. I do not have covid and am fully inoculated and tested. I was so humiliated that I left. I tried ringing them but after a long winded message the phone cut off. I tried several times only for an automated voice to tell me Sorry we missed your call. There are no options to contact them on the website for any other reason other than to book an appointment. I booked another eye test only to be able to get an appointment. I was not fitted with my new glasses. The woman addressing me had such long fake nails that she couldn’t operate the keyboard properly. The staff are inattentive and inefficient. They had no record of my eye test despite having paid over £200 for add-ons to a pair of £99 glasses

“Loyal customer of 6+years but leaving due to recent issue”

Written on: 22/02/2022 by DaxHead (1 review written)

I have been seeing Specsavers for eye tests since 2015 and also been on their contact lens subscription from 2016, as well as making multiple glasses purchases over the years. As I only wear contacts at the weekend or on occasions, I opted for one box of lenses to be delivered every 3 months. I moved address in April 2021 and had two separate appointments booked in store around the same for an eye test and a contact lense check up so I asked them to update my address details on the system. I believed it was done because the address was changed on my prescription card. Due to covid over the past couple years, I have been wearing contacts less and less so I only realised I hadn't received a lens delivery for some time when I had ran out of my current supply - this was January 2022. Therefore 3 of my deliveries were missing between April and January. I contacted customer service who told me that unfortunately my address details were not updated on the system and could possibly be due to an issue with transferring data when they updated their software/system around April 2021. This was escalated to my local store where someone called me back and offered a refund for one box of lenses, despite the fact that I was out of pocket for 3 boxes. I asked if their deliveries came with tracking numbers which they don't so there was no way of knowing whether or not my lenses were delivered to my previous address or not. I admit it is an error on my part for not noticing that my lenses weren't delivered earlier however Specsavers should have taken responsibility for not updating my address details properly on their side. As they refused to refund the other two boxes or send replacements, I have decided to cancel my subscription with Specsavers and will no longer be using their services in the future. It is a shame as I haven't had any other issues in the past 6 years but it's clear that they don't care for customer loyalty.

“Absolute disgrace ”

Written on: 02/01/2022 by Cochranejv168 (1 review written)

Fort Kinnaird...don’t visit! This is by far the worst experience I have ever had with any optician, both during the visit, and the multiple phone calls post visit. Surly, inexperienced staff, the manager that doesn’t manager either the practice staff or her clients. Incredibly poor communication between staff and client.
Broken glasses as they fell from my face twice as they weren’t fit due to ‘ nobody being available’ several very long conversations with the practice manger and the optician on separate occasions, who clearly didn’t communicate with one another.
I explained my lenses were taken out of the broken glasses and replaced into a new frame as we were out of the country. I was asked to return them and they’d refund me. I was totally transparent I explained about the lenses and that the glasses had hit the floor and were further damaged. The optician confidently advised me to return them for a refund. Which I did by recorded delivery. I then got an overly assertive phone call to say they couldn’t refund me as the glasses were damaged. £186 they cost me. No refund no glasses and no offer of any help. She then continued to speak over me whilst I tried to explain , she clearly had an audience because she repeatedly said ‘ let me speak’ as to give the impression it was me speaking over her. She totally manipulated and orchestrated the situation so she appeared to be spoken over rather than the other way round and also so she didn’t look unprofessional by admitting her prevarication. The manager then blatantly lied and said she wasn’t aware they were damaged which is absolutely disgusting. This practice should be ashamed of themselves. Deceitful unscrupulous staff. Who are badly managed and poorly lead by an unprofessional manipulative manager. This company claims to have the client at there forefront and aim to support all their needs. Leaving me with no glasses over Christmas and unable to order any due to the complex prescription is utterly disgusting. Clearly the optometrist who advised me to return the glasses was not authorised to do so , so instead of admitting g fault they fabricated a whole new situation . Do not use this branch!

“specsavers eye test at care home with mother”

Written on: 07/12/2021 by grumblertoo (2 reviews written)

specsavers liaised with me and the care home so I could be present for the visit and choosing glasses. The male optician Anish was incredibly patient and the young lady who attended to choosing frames was attentive and patient despite mum 95y not remembering the pair she tried on two minutes ago!! There is plenty of choice and the "concertina" style box is very large and it does need to sit on the floor. There is a £25 charge once you have picked the glasses but they do have to return to fit the chosen glasses after making them, and aftercare such as screws and adjustments are all included. 5 stars!

“Amazing service recieved by myself and my husband today!”

Written on: 30/11/2021 by TarynTaylor318 (1 review written)

After numerous attempts trying to get an appointment in a few different opticians. I got an appointment with Specsavers the very next day. We both recieved fantastic service today at the Cardiff branch. Got great deals with all the staff were great, going above and beyond for us. So thank you so much. Looking forward to our new specs next week

“Incompetence”

Written on: 16/11/2021 by Robbertnoq (1 review written)

After spending a countless amount of time and money in a period of a year in appointments, I was then advised to see a specialist at the hospital. Within 5 minutes I was told I have astigmatism, simple and that and it can be easily cured... Called Specsavers in Bracknell and when I mentioned this they explained they test for this and I need to book and pay for another appointment!!! What a joke. And to the Optometrist that saw me 4 times in the most recent, she needs her license looked at since my prescription isn't even right! Complete incompetence.

“Poor customer service”

Written on: 16/11/2021 by ESAD (1 review written)

Well, what a disappointment. Have been using Specsavers for years and found them to be very good. Not any more, however. After having an eye test at the Bridport Branch I had problems: 1. I had to ask 3 times for my prescription. I was eventually given a card with some handwritten scrawls on it - totally illegible - and when I asked if that was the prescription, was told: Yes, that is the NHS one. Really? Does Specsavers really no longer give a printed prescription to anyone having an NHS eye test? 2. I decided not to have a fitting appointment when collecting my new specs. I just wanted to collect them. At first I was told I had to have an appointment but was then told it would be fine, just ring before you come and we will give them to you. I telephoned today to check the specs were in and said I would collect later. At first I told again I needed an appointment but when I said I just wanted to collect, was told it would be fine. Arrived at the shop in Bridport. Asked for the specs and was once again told I needed an appointment. I explained I had been told it would be OK and that I had rung in. The person walked off, got the specs, came back to the door where I was waiting and handed them over without a further word, a smile, or indeed any acknowledgement at all. Really passive aggressive behaviour. I shall not be using Specsavers Bridport again. Shame really as the optician is good; the customer service is however, abysmal. When I need a new eye test or new specs, I shall be going elsewhere.

“Terrible service”

Written on: 13/10/2021 by Sampsonxd292 (1 review written)

Spent an hour and twenty minutes there for a contact lens 'Teach' session. Of that, I spent 5-10 minutes with an optician who was clearly in a hurry. I was passed between 4 staff, all of whom promised to be with me in a minute and left me waiting around. They were supposed to be adjusting a pair of glasses I was picking up but I ran out of patience and didn't remind anyone about that because my parking ticket was running out and I couldn't waste any more time being passed from pillar to post. Aldershot branch. I'm changing opticians.

“Bangor branch awful staff”

Written on: 05/10/2021 by America235 (1 review written)

Absolutely terrible experience at bangor store. Walked into store, told to go back out as I didn't have appointment. Not allowed in unless you sanitise your hands (even with allergic reaction to alcohol rub). Made to feel like an absolute leper for just wanting to get an emergency pair of glasses. Then told no appointments for 4 months. I overheard one of the receptionists (aka self apointed security guards) tell an elderly lady in a wheelchair she had to move 1 meter to the side to actually be on the green dot "of safety" in a near empty store! Absolutely disgusting behaviour by people who have forgotten customer service to become shop bouncers! Avoid!

“Avoid Specsavers Chelmsley wood ”

Written on: 27/09/2021 by shaun66casper (7 reviews written)

Aweful experience avoid this store like the plague , Nikon lenses and frames £500 still not arrived four weeks later , empty promises and now owing to misconduct of this store I’m referring the case to the optical ombudsman!!

“Online booking ”

Written on: 25/08/2021 by Sinclairvc263 (1 review written)

If you use the online booking service you will be told that there was a problem and that the booking didn't go through when you try again it then gives you other times and when you book it jumps a month so your appointment is 1 month later if you dont notice this and turn up you will be told you have 2 appointment one is the original which was missed the other 1 month later and the will say there is nothing they can do and to come back then after they have cancelled 3 appointment even though your a key worker during pandemic not worth your of time no apology even when they state it's the computer glitch that has caused the problem no offer of earlier appointment eather

“Absolutely Awful ”

Written on: 20/07/2021 by Bruno162 (1 review written)

Horrendous experience shopping at the Cardiff Queen Street shop,staff totally out of their depth,Avoid,Avoid,Avoid.

“not organized”

Written on: 15/05/2021 by Den-6 (7 reviews written)

Their eye testing system is very mixed up, not a fixed procedure. I have been there for test as per the timing but had to wait extra 2 hours.