Specsavers - www.specsavers.co.uk

Specsavers - www.specsavers.co.uk
1.9

Specsavers - www.specsavers.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Specsavers - www.specsavers.co.uk

“Terrible service, damaged glasses, wrong prescription”

written by Eliannah308 on 06/06/2024

I went into Worthing for an eye test at the end of April, turns out they gave me the wrong prescription and the new frames arrived damaged. I went for another eye test with them a week after my first concerns, they ordered new frames and a new prescription, but they still haven't arrived, there is no way to escalate a complaint (their online customer service is terrible and really unhelpful!), no word from the store. I won't use Specsavers again and will be escalating to Trading Standards. Best avoided.

“Non arrival”

written by LadyDevelia on 20/05/2024

Was sent a letter giving a date for a eye test for my husband who is housebound, someone phoned to confirm it was ok I said yes. Was told someone would ring me on the day to give a time… no call and non arrival ???? tried 4 times to get through on the phone waited for a good 10 mins each time for call to be answered, gave up in the end

“Never again”

written by Moeleilio on 27/04/2024

Picked up my glasses from store today, The lenses gave me blurred and double vision. I couldn’t read as well as I can with my old glasses! The member of staff didn’t seem to care, ignored my concerns and asked me if they fitted ok! No-one apologised. I did worry after my eye test was performed by an unregistered optician and new glasses fitted by an employee that had to constantly ask other colleagues for advice and help ?trainee?) I have had glasses from Specsavers for many years, I won’t be going back.

“Last time great. This time I feel diddled. ”

written by NigelChilvers on 13/04/2024

I went to collect new glasses the left eye is blurred. I was told that my prescription hasn't changed. So why was I not told I didn't have to choose new ones if I felt OK with my current ones. That option was not given to me instead I was encouraged to pay for a new set. If the prescription is not changed then unless I wanted to I did not need a new pair. Plus after 13 days I am still waiting for safety glasses and sun glasses.

“Plastics, Not Glasses”

written by Sams2024 on 25/02/2024

I recently had my eye test and ordered a new pair of glasses, they work OK, but after a week they now have a fine sheen over the lens. This is extremely noticeable when looking at my phone in the evening. Caused presumably by my cleaning with my handkerchief. I ordered glasses - not plastics. Poor quality and poor show.

“Wrong prescription”

written by BradleyMassey47 on 02/02/2024

I had my eyes tested, and when I received my glasses explain to them they’re too strong. Using them, glasses made me feel unbalanced. I got told that my eyes will adjust with the glasses when really the glasses should adjust to me eyes. Before using these glasses, I could read small print, I was just getting headaches when reading, no, I find it hard to even read normal letters never mind small print. I decided to go for a second opinion, and the prescription is a lot different. I’ve lost my discount because you only get it every second year so I’m in a situation that I shouldn’t be in. My dad had the same problem with these, and while I was in the opticians, I had another person saying is glasses are too strong. It’s coming like it’s a money sham. I advise you to avoid this opticians, I went to boots and they were perfect

“Specsavers Christchurch ”

written by 424Henderson on 20/01/2024

My mother went to Specsavers in Christchurch to have ear wax removed. They told her no ear wax so did nothing but charged her £25 for 5 minutes consultation?

“Waited 6 weeks for new glasses ”

written by Emiliano122 on 16/12/2023

Ordered new glasses on in October 2023, paid over £400 as they were special order lenses. Got them 3 weeks later after chasing them. Put them on, only to notice they were not correct. Took them back a week later after trying them. Went back on 3 November to have re-check. Then had to re-order new ones with different prescription, have to wait another 3 weeks. Chased the store at beginning of December, no response from store in Knowle, Bristol. After waiting 6 weeks, popped in store, only to be told that they were never sent to be made. Now have to wait a month for them to be made due to Christmas. I'm so annoyed with the store because my glasses are not correct and have to limit time driving for safety reasons.

“Applauding amasing sfaff member ”

written by Corinnec234 on 26/11/2023

I had appoitment at Woodgreen specevers where staff are always very kind and helpful but I have to admit that I have never met anyone like Janson who is the Lap Meneger. It wasn't even his job to come down from his cabinet and discuss the issue with me but he still came. He spent hours with me to make sure I was happy with the outcome beside this a couple of customers were asking him some questions and he was so kind that without any hesitataion he was helping them as well. I was standing speachless and I didnt know how to say thank you to him. I didnt even know people like him exsisted any more . Specsavers should applaud people like him as they make so many people happy and they give people hope and make their day. Thank you for this.

“Hopless”

written by Kirby216 on 17/10/2023

Attended Leeds Branch for an eye test. I was asked to choose new frames but nobody was available to discuss with me when I had chosen some options, despite the branch being packed with staff. I walked across the road and bought what I wanted from Boots. Next time I'll go there for the eye test too. They don't seem too interested in customers and seem to have other more important activities to engage in.

“Extremely late for appointment”

written by Ferguson1953 on 16/09/2023

Appointment was running 25 minutes late yet nobody bothered to approach me to offer an explanation or apology. Had to run out to car parked 8 mins away as meter would expire after an hour. At this point I was sheepishly told the optomitrest was not even in but was on his way and would be there when I returned. When I returned I noticed a customer who walked in when I ran out going into the cubicle. I was told to wait 15 mins longer. After another 25 mins I left! No apology or explanation.No customer service at all. Extremely unprofessional and disappointing.

“Brilliant Service at Bridlington Specsavers ”

written by Lynnie55 on 11/09/2023

From having my eyes tested to picking up my glass was a really pleasant experience. Everyone was so friendly and helpful especially the floor staff. There was a great range of glasses to choose from and loved the glasses I choose and a pair free. Well done Bridlington Specsavers.

“Appalling service( Kilburn branch)”

written by Raj555 on 30/08/2023

The service is terrible. They deserve 0 star if I could. I had an appointment at 5:30 , I went rushing before time and guess what? The store closed at 4:00. They didn’t even bother to contact those who have appointments in order to let them know! What a waste of time and lack of responsibility! I felt so disgusted. Rubbish

“How many pairs of glasses do you want me to buy?!”

written by AzulO'Reilly on 16/08/2023

I went to the Stroud store for a new pair of spectacles having had an eye test there 5 months before. I chose two new frames from the 'buy one, get one half price' selection and almost immediately ran into questions from the assistant about where on my nose I rested my glasses! I stayed with my choice because what was on offer wasn't that great but found myself in a tedious and overlong examination of my gaze combined with endless questions about how long I spent on screens of all types (and books). I found myself being steered towards having two types of lens on the basis that you now apparently need a pair of glasses for screen use and a pair for reading (and I'm sure they'd love it if you agreed to another pair for phone as opposed to computer use). Having finally escaped, I decided overnight to phone and say I just wanted two pairs of specs to the same specification which reduced the price by £50, because, of course, two different lenses are two different prices! A week down the line, expecting my new glasses any day, I got a call that the overzealous young man who sold me the glasses wanted to do some procedure beginning with ablation.....I never found out the whole story but assumed this was another gambit aimed at selling me more sets of glasses at double the stated cost. I was infuriated and cancelled my order immediately. They did at least refund without asking why. Beware of dubious practices with these people. Never again.

“Unprofessional & Shambolic Experience”

written by Bestofbreed on 18/07/2023

Visited Specsavers Havant Branch on 18th July. On entering the shop, the first thing I noticed was that there seemed to be a lot of staff, whom were walking around aimlessly, and nobody seemed to be in charge! Difficult to understand the staff member whom served me, and they lacked the skill set for dealing with the public. Generally speaking, the staff displayed a distinct lack of customer care skills. The shop was poorly presented, carpet needed a good hoovering! Overall, a distinct lack of professionalism. The team of people could do with being managed!

“Failed appointment ”

written by Greycar68 on 11/07/2023

Booked appointment in store given time and date 11/7/23 11.20 arrived 10 minutes early at the congleton branch only to be told my appointment was at 11.50 sed no it’s here in black and white 11.20 looking a little bemused he went to get help another chap came to see me only to be told they were running 20 minutes late so not only could not be seen at the arranged time was expected to wait 40 minutes to see optician then was asked to book another appointment I refused told them I needed eye test as needed new glasses so I told them I’d go somewhere else with better customer care “ should have gone to spec savers “ my eye never use them again disgusted customer mr h f skellern

“Amazing and Excellent Service”

written by euBentley418 on 26/06/2023

Last April been to Specsaver Richmond and had a wonderful experience,as Always she takes time in explaining and helping fitting with choices of glasses along with the other lady so Im very grateful for their patience and great help,been using specsaver for over 10years now and I highly recommend them because they are very professional and excellent on their service,keep up and God Bless you always.Thank you so much

“Longbrige Branch ”

written by Marie777 on 08/06/2023

Wife and I had eye test we were looked after and helped by a representative to buy our new glasses great friendly service thank you so much, you were great

“Alex at Fairfield Clapham Bedford ”

written by RosettaTriolo on 06/05/2023

I would like to thank representative at Specsavers Fairfield Clapham. He assisted my daughter with her putting in her contact lenses. He dealt with her with such care and empathy. Showing her how to place the contact lenses in my showing her himself (putting his contacts in). He gave her positive feedback, increasing her confidence and giving great tips. He did this over 2 appointments giving us a hour each time . He is a really professional and friendly, knowledgeable member of the team. Thank you

“worst place to be -Uxbridge branch Specsavers”

written by Tillyto789 on 06/03/2023

Very disappointing experience using specsavers Uxbridge! I originally came in for an eye appointment in October I booked online- was told the whole process would take 40 minutes, after waiting an hour after my scheduled appointment slot I was told I could no longer be seen due to an emergency appointment and would have to rebook. Such an inconvenience when you come in after work and have a young baby waiting on you. Nevertheless I rebooked and wrote in my online appointment what had previously happened. It appeared the retail manager wasn’t aware/ or just unbothered by what had previously happened as she tried to again waste my time and be pushy and rude trying to upsell glasses despite my saying I was not interested. I waited to see if they would offer any sort of compensation for wasting my time but was not offered any kind of discount for the inconvenience caused. Thankfully I saw one on their own website so used that. I booked in for a lens fitting which I had to pay for prior to the contacts arriving. After waiting 20 days and not receiving a message about my lenses I contacted the store via phone call. I was told someone would contact me in 20-30 minutes. One hour and thirty minutes later I still had no phone call so I went in person. I was asked if I had received a text message of my contacts arriving, I said no. The lady looked up the details and eventually found my contacts. I thought I could trial them at home and then come in for the appointment as I had used contacts for over 10 years but she needed to clarify this with the optician so i asked her to call me as I didn’t want to wait any longer with my young child so left without my contact lenses. Before leaving we asked her why it had taken so long and why we had not been contacted about the contacts and she said usually it is a 7-10 day period clearly unaware of the length of time I had waited. She did get back to me to rebook an appointment but the whole process has been so long and tideous that I no longer wish to use specsavers Uxbridge and part with any more cash to purchase contacts from a company that can’t even contact you when something arrives. Kindly refund me the £25 I paid for my contact fitting as I no longer wish to use your services! (It’s fine to take ppls money prior to contacts arriving if they are to arrive in a timely manner but 20 days and definitely longer had I not contacted them is appalling) Also Please don’t tell me to fill out the feedback form as I initially did it a week ago and have still not heard back so thought I would try this method! Absolutely appalling service!! See the google reviews almost all reviews say to AVIOD UXBRIDGE branch!!!!!!!!!

Asked by SCrumpler on 18th March 2023 Report this content
Very helpful customer service. Polite and knowledgeable

Asked by karenpbull on 18th August 2018 Report this content
My fathers home appointment was 19/7/18 but he still hasn't received his glasses. Payment was taken the next day. We have left numerous messages on the number provided but no one has got back with an answer. Please help.

Answers (1)
Report this content greglee Written on: 21/08/2018
If it was me i would call there head office to see what they can say then demand your money back if they cant do or offer you what you expect .Also threaten to take them to court which can be all done online .Contact them through there facebook page leave bad comments they hate that .
Asked by Christ70 on 16th December 2014 Report this content
I purchased 2 pairs of glasses in May this year. Last week both arms on one pair snapped off. I had been in to my local Specsavers last week as the nose pads kept coming off. I mentioned then that the arms felt loose but was told that they were okay. On returning to the store on Saturday I was told that the glasses could be repaired but it was cheaper to buy new frames at a cost of £48 as I was in a rush I reluctantly paid this, even though I had only purchased the glasses in May. I thought they were covered by a years warranty. Is this true?

Answers (1)
Report this content Sickov_Anti-service Written on: 16/12/2014
They are covered by a warranty, but I very much doubt that includes wear and tear, or snapping the arms! You have 30 days no quibble return, but your frames lasted a lot longer than that. In fact the arms being loose would make them more difficult to break no? perhaps another visit for wider / more durable frames are the answer.
Asked by davidamaitland on 23rd April 2014 Report this content
I went to Specsavers for a contact lens test. After paying for the test and trialling one of their products, they refused to give me my base curve unless I 'finished' the trial. Is this legal for them to withold information they should have found out during the contact lens test? Also I took in a pair of (rimless) glasses to have the lens replaced. After a couple of weeks one of the pins in the bridge part of the frame popped out of its seal. I took them back in, and they replaced the bridge part with another bridge as they managed to break the pin from the actual bridge itself. Not the best service to say the least. I'll be chasing this up.

Answers (2)
Report this content adrianlightfoot Written on: 24/04/2014
In my experience there the cheapest on the market and it shows . Finish the test ,if they don't give you information that you've paid for ask for money back,or threaten them with the small claims court. I don't use them any more and I have found you get better service. adrian lightfoot
Report this content malcolmbarton111 Written on: 24/04/2014
I E Mailed the CEO who solved my problem by arranging a new eye test free of charge and arranging new glasses for me free of charge.He then refunded all the money I had paid them which was £300,I was well suited.I suggest you do the same and go to the top it always pays for me.I can't answer your particular problem.
Asked by JesyRT on 8th April 2014 Report this content
I had an eye test today and was told I needed glasses. However I forgot I could also get sunglasses in the 2 for 1 offer currently running. Will I still be able to get this even though I have already chosen and payed for my glasses?

Answers (3)
Report this content adrianlightfoot Written on: 09/04/2014
ASK From my experience if you talk face to face its better, and if you ask why you were not offered the sunglasses that were on offer rather than the humble pie approach. I've stopped using spec-savers,because I had no lips left to bite.
Report this content Sickov_Anti-service Written on: 09/04/2014
I don't know, perhaps you could ask specsavers?
Report this content malcolmbarton111 Written on: 09/04/2014
Sorry I Can't help this time but there are different prices for different deals.