Harrods Reviews

Harrods - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Harrods

Harrods

“Enjoyed my visit”

Written on: 04/08/2020 by Taipljtyuik5043dr (1 review written)

I loved my visit to this department store which was quite different than Ameridcan department stores.

“Nightmare Customer Service”

Written on: 29/12/2015 by BelenGriffin251 (1 review written)

I ordered a hamper mid November to send to Korea as a thank you gift for the hospitality shown to us by our friends in Seoul. I chose Harrods for its excellent world class reputation. What a huge mistake. Whilst ordering, the website told me on 2 occasions that the order had not gone through and to try again. When I checked my emails the order had in fact gone through and I was charged 3 times. This was resolved quickly, fortunately. By the start of December my fiends told me that the hamper had not arrived. I made some enquiries of my own to find that the hamper had been returned to Harrods from Seoul. Harrods had not contacted me to let me know there was a problem. I emailed but only received the automated reply. I rang Customer Services and after a long wait listening to the same Christmas carol, I got through to someone, who apologised profusely and promised that the parcel would be sent again by express and that the hamper would arrive by Christmas and that I would receive an email confirming this. I was delighted and again I told my friends that they would be receiving their hamper after all. This joy was short lived. I received no confirmation and again sent an email to find out what had happened. I was told that I could either wait for the hamper to get back to Harrods......nobody knew where it was 5 weeks after the original order....or I could have my money back. I couldn't have a new hamper as they were now out of stock! I explained to Customer Services that I now had the embarrassing task of explaining to our Korean friends that this great British Company, well respected throughout the world, are in fact completely useless. Their attitude stinks and this whole nightmare is a very poor reflection on the company and on Great Britain.

“Slow delivery”

Written on: 24/01/2014 by rfsinclair (6 reviews written)

We ordered quite a few kitchen items from the store which took around six weeks to reach us - I did find this rather unnaceptable.

“Is this just happening to me, I wonder”

Written on: 27/11/2013 by Sultanna (1 review written)

This is the 2nd time when it happens. First time was last year, just about the same time. But I thought I shouldn't write any reviews as everybody has the right to have a bad day. Right? But this year has been worse. After adding all the items into the basket, and trying to make the payment, something went wrong. The only message I've got is that payment has failed. First I thought there's a problem with the card, so I have checked with the bank. Everything was fine with it. So I gave another go, and another, but still no luck. The most frustrating thing is when you add all the items to your basket, including individual messages for each, and after the payment fails, even the items disappear from the basket. And it happened not only once. I'm persistent, so I have tried many times, and failed each time. By the end of the day I have decided to call them. After dictating the messages to the person who was handling my issue (took me about 30) minutes, we have tried to made the payment. But again, same issue. They have told me it's an issue with the server and they will have to transfer me to a different department in order to make the payment. Calmly I have accepted. But as soon as I've been transferred to a different department, they have told me that this is not the right department to make online purchases, so they put me on hold. And the same happened with the next and the next, for about 10 minutes, until I hung up. I'm not sure why am I insisting making the order from them anymore after this issues. I might as well go to Selfridges or somewhere else. I'm just curious to know, is this something only happening to me or is an issue happening to others as well? I shouldn't forget to mention that I have been contacted by Customer Service to resolve the issue. They were nice and cooperative and very keen to help fix the problem. But even after spending couple of hours on the phone, the issue hasn't been fixed. This is a good lesson for me for next year!

“Product delayed by more than a week”

Written on: 13/06/2013 by hitthebarr (2 reviews written)

The item I ordered was excellent... but it was delayed delivery by more than a week with no explanation at all. Not good when you are waiting on it for a birthday gift! I think next time I would prefer to go to the actual store. Its so pretty inside and much more fun than buying online anyway :)

“Lovely product, rubbish service”

Written on: 19/03/2013 by tjharris (7 reviews written)

Ordered some truffles on a Monday thinking they would be delivered by Friday. 1st class in the world of harrods is at least a week. Now at I have received them I can see that they weren't even packed until Friday. Following a chasing email on thursday and several over the weekend, Harrods customer service is at best average Not worth the extra.

“Great Service - product ordered and delivered within a day”

Written on: 07/02/2013 by ShellyM (1 review written)

I had to order a present last minute before travelling - the customer service i received was brilliant - the staff were great at scheduling a call back to arrange the order and even scheduled the delivery to suit me and when i'd be able to receive it. I'd happily order again for the promt and high level of customer service i received.

“ONLINE SHOPPING ORDERS NOT FULFILLED - WASTE OF TIME”

Written on: 28/12/2012 by Paul1323 (1 review written)

I would advise I ordered 5 items on the online site, which allowed me to search, select and of course pay for. I also paid for next day delivery. Nothing came. I then received notification 48 hours later that each of the 5 items I purchased could not be fulfilled. What? Then why take my money? Why let me waste one and a half hours shopping on the site? What a shockingly bad service. WARN OTHERS.

“Harrods Review Oct 2012”

Written on: 24/10/2012 by NMW31 (1 review written)

Gutted as Christmas decoration department used to be second to none, has drastically gone down hill in terms of choice, quality and uniqueness! Has always been priced in the upper realms but is no longer justifiable on any level. Won't be making a special 4 hour round trip next year. Very disappointed! Only redeeming feature is quality of service and knowledge of the staff

“avoid afternoon tea!”

Written on: 29/08/2012

The store itself is impressive, but we had a voucher for afternoon tea for 2 people. It was a gift from Buyagift.com, which are usually very good. We travelled for many hours and at great expense to be largely ignored and very disappointed. the tearooms are very grand with a pleasant ambience however there were many people queueing to come in and no one to greet and seat them, many of the tables were left uncleared, so people could not sit down. Some people were seated at dirty tables and had them stripped in front of them, including the cloth! no one attended to us voluntarily after initially bringing the very mediocre sandwiches and small cakes. when I requested help with the tea, the waitress poured orange pekoe into my half cup of earl grey, when she finally brought me a new cup she spilt it all over the table. The day did not in anyway feel like a treat, I have had better service in roadside cafes, and I was so very glad we did not bring my elderly mother in law, as she would have been so so disappointed. Afternoon tea costs £29.00 per person

Trisha H's Comment

Written on: 19/10/2012

Sems to have declined greatly - in all departments & areas, Harrods used to be a first class place to shop.

Fortnums were brillirant last time I was there !

Read 1 Comment

“HARRODS ICE CREAM PARLOUR”

Written on: 13/12/2011 by brianmarlow (1 review written)

TWO plates of ice cream.three small scoops on each plate.plus two small sauces on each plate.THE BILL WAS £30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.THE WORST VALUE AND THE BIGGEST RIP OFF IN THIS WORLD.AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

“I took my girlfriend to Harrods for her birthday gift. ”

Written on: 20/08/2007 by yellowtimechris (109 reviews written)

I took my girlfriend to Harrods for her birthday gift.
We ended up in the bargain basement, and bought a cuddly toy for a tenner, as the girlfriend only wanted a decent sized bag, so I got her present elsewhere.

“Slingback (bought in Terminal 4 sale)is too low so...”

Written on: 28/07/2010

Slingback (bought in Terminal 4 sale)is too low so slips down making shoes impossible to wear. I bought in the sale and the soles were marked and dirty - yet now they are refusing to give me a refund on this basis even though I have not been able to wear them!! Moral of the story is do not be tempted by their 'bargains'.

“Harrods is the most overrated department store I have...”

Written on: 09/07/2010

Harrods is the most overrated department store I have ever had the privilege of entering. While on vacation, my wife and daughter just had to go to Harrod's. As a man, it was the day from hell. There's absolutely no place to sit in the entire store, (unless you wish to try on shoes) and while the food shops offer a cornucopia of options, again, there are very, VERY few places to sit unless you wish to pay 3x the value for a bar type seat. The entire area is ridiculously dense. Even the sushi bar across the street charges you extra stay and eat.

If the women in your life wish to visit Harrods in London, spare yourself the pain and agony - go to a museum.

“Great Customer service, and great on line experience....”

Written on: 15/06/2009 by steliodibello (2 reviews written)

Great Customer service, and great on line experience....
a MUST for all Harrods lovers....
personally I think that's a good value for money...

“The customer services was excellent because I was...”

Written on: 15/11/2008 by goldenlinx (2 reviews written)

The customer services was excellent because I was walking down this isle and I fell over and the staff came over and was fussing around me asking me If I wanted a drink and directed me to a diner which was just around the corner which is what you call excellent customer services.

I will hopefully be returning to Harrods in Janaury for the sales.

“Attended yesterday to get my traditional photo with...”

Written on: 19/12/2007

Attended yesterday to get my traditional photo with santa as i send it to my grandma from all over the world every year as her gift and was denied by customer services. Advised i was too old to see santa and only children are allowed! I'm sorry but who decides when a 25 year old is too old to get a photograph to make her grandma happy. Will never go back there!

“Even though I will continue to shop in the London...”

Written on: 01/05/2007 by jutt (2 reviews written)

Even though I will continue to shop in the London store, I will never waste my time using their online store again.

Also, the Burberry golf gloves I received from Harrods had crumpled packing and looked like a return item.

“Myself and my mum have been traveling from Newcastle...”

Written on: 23/11/2005 by corrina mcsherry (1 review written)

Myself and my mum have been traveling from Newcastle for 24 years every Christmas and Harrods is our first stop. We go every December it makes Christmas for me I am able to get something different whatever it costs it's only once a year. My Mum is having problems with her legs so it takes longer to get round but I'm not bothered long as we get there and when the time comes she cannot make it I hope I will find someone else to go with ( you better feel sorry for my hubby) well done Harrods x

“If you want to find something - anything - then you...”

Written on: 17/06/2005 by hackneyguy (12 reviews written)

If you want to find something - anything - then you will probably find it in Harrods - at a price. That is if you know where it is or stumble upon it accidently as sign/directions are rare and confusing and the shop assistants vertualy non existant and the ones you find too busy to help or don't understand your request. All this frustration leads one to one of the numerous bars or restuarants for a well deserved break (or the Chocolate fountain for a real treat) which are all most excellent!

252776_Anonymous101's Response to hackneyguy's Review

Written on: 19/12/2006

I agree, avoid this store

Read 1 Comment