Tej Marhaba Reviews

Tej Marhaba - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Tej Marhaba

“Late vacation ”

written by Robertchapman on 11/10/2018

A very disappointing stay after visiting this hotel on numerous occasions since 2000. It has really deteriorated in the last few years and on our last visit we were sorry to see how poor the service has gone downhill. The Food is poor quality and choice and Catering staff not to bothered plus Waiters not to interested as same as my last visit it was Hunt the Condiment sets and soup spoons were a rarity plates have got smaller since July visit. The video in Reception area shows Rooms have been refurbished but we came to conclision 1 room as the rest are still the same drab tired looking Green attire. It seems and we heard from a good source that English and Europeans will not be coming back as the mamangement wants it to be all Arabic as was this time mainly Algerians and Libyan. The outdoor Pool was ok but many tiles missing and not cleaned daily as supposed to be as greasy and slippy. Indoor Pool same as last visit as Tiles missing even more. Evening Entertainment was poor as Animation team had no motivation and same Music day in day out. Needless to say we will not be returning to the Tej.

“We went to the Taj Marhaba in 2008 and found it to be...”

written by on 07/03/2010

We went to the Taj Marhaba in 2008 and found it to be a great hotel.Lovely and clean, good staff and the food was terrific! I too had read many differing and sometimes damning reviews and was worried at what we had let ourselves in for, but we couldn't fault it.

The only thing I moaned about was the pool was a bit too cold. But we spent most of our time on the beach anyway. Go you won't be dissapointed and take the tours they're worth every penny and more. We're looking to return very soon!

“stayed in tej marahaba in november time,lovely...”

written by maureen jones on 14/01/2010

stayed in tej marahaba in november time,lovely holiday,very friendly,couldnt do enough for u.lovely pool area,quite spacious.rooms are ok,cleaned every day and fresh towels left,only problem toilet quite smelly due to the way it is flushed.food was excellent,waiter service very good,u just tipped a dinarand u had same waiter every nite.my husband and i went for a pampering session,would recommend it,sauna,massage etc,very cheap.indoor pool nice and warm,lovely pool.enjoyed the haggling down at the medina and fixed price shops.lovely walk along the beach back to hotel.sousse is full of shoe shops,i called it shoe heaven,beautiful sandals and boots,every ladys dream,so many to choose from and at the right price.we have booked to go back again in may same hotel

“Hi. just come back after a weeks holiday at the Tej...”

written by on 13/05/2009

Hi. just come back after a weeks holiday at the Tej Marhaba,most of the reviews i have read are spot on. The food is ok, the service is really good and the pool area is really good. So just get out there and relax .This review dated 11.5.09

“I have been to Sousse 6 times and this is the best...”

written by on 02/02/2009

I have been to Sousse 6 times and this is the best hotel, it is clean and very bright, the place is in a good central location the trips are very cheap.

“I loved every thing about this place. Accommodation...”

written by on 03/09/2008

I loved every thing about this place. Accommodation and staff where amazing. I love it and I am going back soon. No bad points.

“It was great when we went last easter 2008. The food...”

written by on 23/08/2008

It was great when we went last easter 2008. The food was great, room was clean and tidy. We felt safe going out shopping sight seeing etc. We traveled to the capital of Tunisia on a train, we went all around sight seeing on our own. Staff clean all night through when it's quiet.We really enjoyed it will go back. As long as you keep a smile on your face and relax it will be fine. Before we went we heard a lot of scary things about Tunisia e.g its not safe, people get robbed, you cant leave the hotel etc.. not the case at all.

“Excellent food, kind staff, nice grounds unable to...”

written by Benandrewmansfield on 08/07/2008

Excellent food, kind staff, nice grounds unable to fault the Tej Marhaba really. We went to Tunisia in 2007 we were so pleased with the holiday we're going again in August, really looking forward to it.

“Very friendly, nice rooms, good service and lovely...”

written by on 12/06/2008

Very friendly, nice rooms, good service and lovely food. The Tej Marhaba is a fantastic hotel. I loved it it got its own shopping center! Bad point, there is a card slot on the key for electricity that means no fridge with out it.

“Just back from a week at the Tej Marhaba in Sousse and...”

written by lindsaylulu on 14/05/2008

Just back from a week at the Tej Marhaba in Sousse and already planning to go back!! It was fantastic! 4 Star hotel which should be a 5! The hotel is immaculate and rooms are cleaned and towels changed everyday. The service provided by all members of staff is fantastic and they were all very helpful and friendly. The buffet was lovely. Something for everybody and we never ate the same meal twice. I would recommend the Tunisian salad, delicious! You get the same table and waiter for all your holiday and these guys are fantastic, so helpful. At first I felt as if I was tipping everyone constantly but after the service you receive in this hotel, you're more than happy to tip! Even the guys that bring your mats for the sun loungers were so friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely be returning!

“I have been to this hotel seven times over the years....”

written by Tattyted on 29/09/2007

I have been to this hotel seven times over the years. I feel totally relaxed here with no pressure to go out at night. The staff are absolutely brilliant, kind, considerate and not in the least pushy. This is not an active family holiday resort - thankfully, hence why I return year after year!

People comment on the food being the "same". It will be the same if you pile your plate up with every available option. Try sticking to chicken one night, fish the next etc etc. That way there is something different each night.

“I cannot understand people complaining about the Tej...”

written by tommy machell on 18/09/2007

I cannot understand people complaining about the Tej Marhabal in Sousse. Lovely people, felt safer there than I do in UK, food can be "samey" but we went for 4 weeks each time so that is not unusual, indoor pool very large and hot! Read up on your holidays before you go. Remember you are in Africa and it is also an Arab state, but even so certain aspects of their lifestyle make ours seem like hell. Was never once offered drugs or seen any taking them, the only drunks we seen were Europeans! Go with an open mind and enjoy the experience, we have booked again for February 2008 and we have been having holidays for over 30 years, so we are not making rash judgements.

“I would recommend it for couples not for families....”

written by mwatson92 on 28/08/2006

I would recommend it for couples not for families. There is also a nightclub on the hotel. The drinks are cheap and the staff are friendly. We had a lovely time, but I don't think we will be going back.

“I have just returned from a fantastic week at the...”

written by ems2006sunlover on 18/08/2006

I have just returned from a fantastic week at the Hotel Tej Marhaba in Sousse. I went with my parents and older brother and we all thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent there. I have read that the Tunisian men are meant to be very intimidating and I found this not to be the case at all. It is great for shopping though you must barter until you reach the price you are willing to pay, and do not be afraid to say NO.Also there are many fixed price shops for those that are not wanting the hassle of haggling. It is almost compulsory to tip as this is much of the workers wage, but only about 2 dinars which is not a lot at all though they are very grateful. The range of evening entertainment surprised me as there was much more than what i had previously been informed of. Transport is widely available in the form of very cheap taxis or the Noddy train which is a bit more expensive but i do recommend it. I would definitely return in the future though maybe not with young children as there is not a kids club as far as I could see. I recommend that you visit this hotel.

“The food at Tej Marahaba in Sousse was very varied and...”

written by 7089josephine on 28/05/2006

The food at Tej Marahaba in Sousse was very varied and catered for all tastes. I would definitely go back to this hotel again, having stayed the previous year in Port El Kantoui I was sceptical about going to Sousse, but I would recommend any one got to Tej Marhaba.

“As part of a 2 week Scottish Country Dancing Holiday,...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by ReelMan on 30/03/2006

As part of a 2 week Scottish Country Dancing Holiday, I stayed at Tej Marhaba as a band member for the 2nd week.
First breakfast (I was late), scrambled egg and a bread roll with coffee. At least it was warm.
Later in week, scrambled egg resembled scrambled rubber - and was cold. (I was early) Bacon was black. Sausages were red mini frankfurters - and cold.
Also sampled tepid string with virtually no meat content, masquerading as Spag Bol.; Cannelloni with no meat content (but warm); lasagne with the same problem. Chicken with girstle - have you ever found girstle in a chicken? No - I thought not.
Baked potatoes which were stone cold. This was less surprising when I found the same tray of baked potatoes in the same place at breakfast the next morning.
View from my room was excellent - which is just as well. I didn't feel safe leaving the complex with anything of value after dark. View was over the outdoor pool area to the Med and beyond.

“Sousse Tej Marhaba was wonderful, very clean with...”

written by lbradley0547 on 11/08/2005

Sousse Tej Marhaba was wonderful, very clean with exquisite marble work all around. The staff were extremely helpful always, and we found with the help of a well and much deserved tip, the service was even better. The hotel rooms were clean and made up every day by the maid to a fantastic standard. Variety of food was fantastic, and if you desired something which wasn't on the menu, the chefs always made it up at no extra cost. Being a vegetarian, I was dubious about the lack of suitable food, but this was no problem whatsoever. We found that breakfast times were very handy as it went on from 6am until 10am, which is much better than some other hotels which served between 6 and 7am. Dinner times were also long so suited everyone. And if you fancied something different the Dolce Vita italian restaurant downstairs and part of the complex is definitly one to be recommended. It has a wide variety of food, the service is something to be mentioned. Everything in this restaurant was perfect including food and wine. We found it was well worth doing excursions if you are there for 2weeks. The 2 day safari is most enjoyable and much value for money. The overnight stay is at a lovely hotel on the edge of the Sahara desert. I wouldn't recommend the 3 day safari however, as several cases of food poisoning and a lack of hygiene was reported from the second over night stay hotel.However, this may of been improved or changed since. A trip to the Nebul Market in Hammamet is also worthwile as you can pick up great bargains and beautiful gifts for very reasonable prices. The hotel had everything that you needed. If the outside pool got too packed there was also a very spacious inside pool and gym for you to visit. The private beach is directly across the road, and there is never a rush to get sunbeds within the hotel or beach. The better tip you give, the better the location of your sunbed on the beach. One tip would be to get the water from the little mini super market directly across the road, next to the toy shop. This is where you get the most value for money for bottled water. Taxi fares are cheap also, so it's worth taking one into the medina area or a trip to Port El Kantiou. Evening entertainment was brilliant, and the hillarious hotel rep provided immense entertainment for everyone along with different shows being performed every night, bingo, and a wonderfully performed jazz band who played music that suited every kind of person. Overall this was a fantastic hotel and I couldn't recommend it enough. It suits all age groups- old and young alike, couples and families. Tunisia is a beautiful country and is definitly one to be visited. And the Tej Marhaba is definitly a recommended hotel to stay in.

“Plenty of evening entertainment in the Sousse Tej...”

written by BeckyClarkson on 13/05/2005

Plenty of evening entertainment in the Sousse Tej Marhaba which was lucky as we were scared to go out. Tunisia is a lovely country and has some great places to explore, but if you are women alone DO NOT GO! There are gangs of men hanging aroud everywhere and we never passed one wothout them making lewd comments and shouting after us. We got followed by gangs on many occasions and if we stopped, we got surrounded. It was a relief to visit the medina where we were safe in the knowledge that the reason we were being grabbed was to be sold something! Luckily the hotel was fantastic and provided entertainment every night, although we would have preferred to be able to leave the hotel!

“The Sousse Tej Marhaba is close enough to the centre...”

written by popeyethetim on 02/11/2004

The Sousse Tej Marhaba is close enough to the centre of Sousse to be walkable and far enough away to be less troubled by the hawkers of tat. The pool is excellent with sun thru until 3:00PM and kept very clean; the hotel's dedicated beach section is a short walk away with recliners and sun shades and is good - better than the pool with the sea swimming. There is a shopping complex around the hotel built by the original developer with an "English Pub" but you can chose to avoid this. Good access to local markets for food/water/wine and good access to banks and cash machines all within 5 minutes walk. All in all a far better bet than many of the Sousse hotels further out and a good price. FAR FAR better than the tourist nightmare of El Kantouai and Hammamet. On no account miss out on the Casbah Museum.

“Sousse Tej Marhaba - Having has many holidays in...”

written by allyfree on 11/06/2004

Sousse Tej Marhaba - Having has many holidays in Hammamet, we decided to try Sousse for a change. Resort-wise, it's less touristy being the 3rd largest city in Tunisia and is therefore much busier, making it seem more like home if you already live in a big city.

The hotel was great and although the food was quite boring, it was reasonable quality and there were always the basic staples of chicken, beef, salad and veg, so you'll never be hungry.

There is a shopping centre attached to the hotel which has the most amazing shoes for around £20 - Jimmy Choo eat your heart out! Also, because they are within the complex, prices are fixed so there is no haggling.

Taxis are soooo cheap and it's well-worth making the trip to the marina at Port El Kantaoui for a more upmarket trip - it's only a few miles away and costs just a few dinar.