Pan Pacific Hotel Reviews

4.5

Pan Pacific Hotel - Ask a question now

“5 Stars hotel 6 Stars Service”

written by on 22/03/2014

Got an extremely good offer during National Day Promotion. Rooms were auto upgraded to Deluxe room with balcony. The view was extremely nice. It is conveniently located within walking distance to MRT station and there are many amenities nearby. Restaurants and shopping is linked to the hotel. In fact the hotel is link to 3 shopping malls! Breakfast has great varieties and their service staff were good. Comparing Pan Pacific with Conrad, me and my family still prefer Pan Pacific rooms. Checking out service could be better improve as the queue for was very long. I just hope that the price will remain low and more offers availble for local citizens.

“Pan Pacific Hotel - If you don't leave the hotel and...”

written by degbert on 10/07/2006

Pan Pacific Hotel - If you don't leave the hotel and money is no object you will have a wonderful time; it is fabulously appointed, well layed out, really interesting (not easy for a big faceless building), and the staff are trained on customer service until it oozes out of every pore. Almost too much perhaps, I don't need people to grovel quite so much, really.

But you will notice it is all a touch overdone. A waitress to find you a stool at the bar? No its ok thanks I can find the bar. A bell boy to call a cab to move 2 yards towards you? Its ok I can walk. But my minor gripes aside, the only two negative observations are that, first, the lobby bar (the atrium bar) is unnecessarily and unforgiveably expensive. Best part of 10 quid for a beer - a beer I might add that is brewed about 2 miles up the road. It rather puts you off the whole experience and indeed immediately makes you want to get out of there and drink/eat/spend elsewhere; not exactly what the owners of the hotel would want, surely? Second gripe is merely that where the hotel is located, you can't go for a walk very easily without either going shopping (in the adjoining mall - which is very nice by the way) or braving potmarked pavements and roadworks. Its a shame as Raffles, Chijmes and the Riverside are all only a 10 minute stroll. But you just wouldn't with those roadworks. I'm sure they'll be gone soon - but check if you can.

Apart from that you really can't fault it, it's a lovely hotel with great service.