Remoska Electric Mini Reviews

Remoska Electric Mini - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Remoska Electric Mini

“Lid rusts”

written by EliMooney on 10/02/2023

The food cooks lovely from chips, meat, fish but the chrome lid rusts within weeks. I have had it replaced once and the same thing has happened again.

“Remoska UK sole agents”

written by on 26/11/2014

We have used a Remoska for many years with excellent results. When we had a problem recently concerning the new model of the grand Remoska, this was dealt with by the sole agents for the Remoska in the UK, HoorayforHomeCooking, with great efficiency and speed. We are very satisfied with the outcome and with the helpful handling of the whole process. We think cooking with our Remoska is brilliant!

“Jay”

written by MariaJohnston on 12/05/2014

Excellent best thing I've ever bought cooking wise. Only problem I'm having is getting the accessories !

“Superb results!”

written by on 13/10/2013

Purchased one from Lakeland and on first use it lasted 45mins - long enough to have cooked our meal in the caravan - and then it tripped the electricity! After a few more attempts at getting it to work, we gave up and contacted Lakeland the following morning and the staff member was absolutely superb! 'Please take it back to one of our Stores for a full refund or replacement'. Not wanting to be without, we were given a new one and, after using a few times, it works well! We are absolutely delighted with the meals we are able to cook in such a simple cooker and look forward to using it for many years to come! From reading other reviews, it does seems as if a few have come out from the factory with an electrical fault. Shame really, but you can buy from Lakeland with absolute confidence. A great retailer to deal with!

“frustrated user”

written by on 15/02/2013

This little oven cooks food to perfection. We loved it !!! We have had to return 3 cookers to Lakeland as they were electrically faulty, and repeatedly blew all the house plug fuses. This happened when we lifted the lid so I think something was wrong with the handle. We were responsible for blowing out fuses on a caravan site, and therefore unable to cook with it on holiday. If I could only get an explanation and a reassurance that this could not happen again I would purchase again.

“Remoska Electric Cooker. Standard size.”

written by Shrimpdragon on 18/02/2012

A fantastic bit of kit, this is my second one, i passed my first one to mother-in-law when we sold up our home and had a new one to go travelling with! Mother-in-law over cooked something in it and the lid got burnt....all the non-stick started coming off.....unuseable, Lakeland replaced it! Mine gets used in the Motorhome constantly, cakes, yorkshires, roasts meat and or veg, casseroles I could go on and on and.......! Expensive maybe but more than worth it, a very good buy.

“Wonderful little cooker. Bit pricey, but worth every...”

written by on 22/04/2011

Wonderful little cooker. Bit pricey, but worth every penny. Use it every day, hardly ever have the big oven on. I've made cakes in it as well as meat and veg dinners, pasta etc etc. Can't rate it highly enough. Nice simple design and efficient. Simple things are always the best!

“The first Remoska I had gave up the ghost with a...”

written by on 09/02/2011

The first Remoska I had gave up the ghost with a faulty on-off switch so I bought another. I had already had to buy another pan as the pan became mis-shapen. I find them very over-priced - the cooker AND the accessories - and not very robust. The new one I bought has a "wobbly" lid. Having said that, my Remoska is invaluable whilst in my caravan. I just think they could be made to be more attractive and more hard-wearing, and I think £50 would be a more realistic price.

“We originaly had the standard remoska after pondering...”

written by skiddlybop on 28/11/2010

We originaly had the standard remoska after pondering over the seemingly high cost,we were blown away by its ease of use and versatlity. We later decided to upgrade to the grand as we use ed it a caravan that had no oven but when son moved out found it to big so sold it and went back to the smaller one we do stew etc in remoska in the awning and everyone comments on the lovely smells wafting over caravan sites,the only drawback was when wanting a jacket potatoe we missed the larger one solution simple use small potatoes and have 2 or 3 brilliant dont dither just get one.Like others had brill service from Lakeland, they have also appeared on QVC but were called the Check Multicooker

“They are not the most pleasing item to look at and you...”

written by on 28/11/2010

They are not the most pleasing item to look at and you do wonder how the price is justified-until you own one! I cannot imagine life without a remoska! The dishwasher may break down, the washing machine etc and I wouldnt care less as long as its not my remoska! I cook, bake,grill-do just about everything and every meal in it. I take it on holiday with me! Amazing invention. Great sevice from Lakeland. Icant praise it high enough- Get one!

“Getting the hang of the remoska, seems to be extremely...”

written by on 12/10/2010

Getting the hang of the remoska, seems to be extremely easy to use and is very good for cooking one pot meals with veg and potatoes as well as meat. I have used the little stand for toasted sandwiches and garlic bread you have to keep an eye on it to prevent burning when using the stand, as the food is closer to the element. All good I would recommend.

“I've owned a Remoska for five years now and I LOVE...”

written by on 27/06/2010

I've owned a Remoska for five years now and I LOVE IT!!!! I cook one element per meal (eg bake potatoes, make soup, cook meat)in it and use it a lot to heat up things.

I find it's not so good for baking - my theory is that it isn't quite hot enough at the start for pastry and cakes - but it makes fab puddings like crumbles and rice pudding.

My other concern is that the lid is heavy and a bit unwieldy. As my kitchen is small there's no where to put the (very hot) lid while you stir your food. I'm hoping the smart people at Lakeland are looking at this and will have a solution soon.

“Remoska Electric Mini oven is so versatile, SIMPLE,...”

written by on 23/01/2009

Remoska Electric Mini oven is so versatile, SIMPLE, lid on, switch on ...job done.
Cooks from frozen ie: breaded fish, chips,etc. Roasts meat a treat and the raw potatoes alongside. Bakes..so far I've done crumbles and part baked bread rolls...minutes to fresh and fragrant cheese rolls !! Loads more recipes to try out. Haven't put my big oven on for over a week. Remoska Electric Mini oven was a Xmas pressie....and I would recommend them to anyone. Cookers as we know them could be redundant before too long. This is the way forward to less fuel usage and less washing up.

“I have had my Remoska for about six years. Anything...”

written by janbase on 31/12/2008

I have had my Remoska for about six years. Anything you cook in an oven can be done in the Remoska. It is simply the best thing for baked potatoes as it does them beautifully without the cost of a full oven. My Remoska has even been on holiday with us in self catering accommodation as it is so convenient to use.

I cannot recommend highly enough. Quick recipe tip for Baked Onions. Got fiddly little onions that you cannot be bothered to peel? Put them in the remoska for about 30 -45 mins. Serve on the plate with the rest of the meal. The cooked onion easily comes out of the skin and is delicious with sausages or anything savoury.

“Purchased one Remoska Electric Mini oven a fortnight...”

written by Yorkatt on 02/08/2008

Purchased one Remoska Electric Mini oven a fortnight ago on recommendation of a friend to replace a 'George Foreman Health Grill' which, although good, is better suited to dishwasher owners as cleaning it by hand was a pain. Have cooked virtually every other meal with it since then. Great service from 'Lakeland plastics' (who supplied it). Also purchsed the 'separator' and 'stand' accessories and have used both. Brilliant invention!

“I had been wanting a Remoska Cooker for some time and...”

written by petopan on 30/07/2008

I had been wanting a Remoska Cooker for some time and being the bargain hunter Yorkshire man that I am, I scoured the internet auctions in hope of finding a good example. I soon realised that they were selling for nearly the same amount of money that they are sold for at Lakeland Stores. It did not take much convincing for me to redirect my custom to Lakeland. I am so glad that I did, the service is impeccable, the guarantee a class and perhaps world beating phenomenal, the customer service I received being wonderful and restorative for my faith in retailers. I am now confirmed as a happy customer who will return whenever I need to purchase other kitchen items. Having the potential to wax lyrical until the cows come home about this wonderful store and staff, I best say a few good things about my purchase. I am aware that the Remoska Cooker seems to have a cult following, In practice I can see why. It is a marvelous invention, thrifty on the electricity (especially good with rising power prices) and it cooks food beyond my expectation of the delicious. Being a practical man with a profound sense of versatility, it fits my character and lifestyle needs perfectly. My advise, shop from Lakeland and if you need a eco' cooker buy a Remoska, disappointment will not present itself to you, but I am sure satisfaction will.

“These little `cookers` are fantasic, what more can I say”

written by Mollycoddle on 29/07/2008

These little `cookers` are fantasic, what more can I say

“Save the environment, use minute amount of electricity...”

written by on 25/12/2007

Save the environment, use minute amount of electricity - go GREEN - go Remoska Electric Mini. Uses same electricity as a lightbulb so ideal on boats, caravan or anywhere low consumption important. Best jacket potatoes I ever ate, Cooks breakfast, lunch and dinner, bake cakes, joints - well anything done in an oven can be done in the Remoska (I have two the Grande for home and normal one for motor camper).

“I have now used the Remoska Electric Mini oven for...”

written by McConville on 01/10/2005

I have now used the Remoska Electric Mini oven for five weeks on my boat, and would not be without it. Four of my neighbours in our marina have now ordered this cooker. It is compact, and easily stored. We have now ordered a second one for our main home. It would be ideal for caravans.

“The Remoska is an electric mini-oven from...”

written by Suzal on 26/04/2004

The Remoska is an electric mini-oven from Czechoslovakia which has been going since just after World War 2. It is an electric oven with a lid. (The lid does all the cooking).

As well as the lid, the Remoska consists of a Teflon-lined pan and a stand. It comes in two sizes, Standard, used for 3-4 people, and the Grand, used for 6-8 people. You can also purchase a shallow pan which is used for toasted sandwiches, etc. It is not a slow cooker. Anything you cook in your oven you can use a Remoska. It can be used for heating food or defrosting. You can roast, braise, casserole, fry and bake. In fact you could prepare a whole meal for the family (in the larger pan).

I have made a traditional English breakfast in the pan without the spitting. I used less fat and, best of all, hardly any cleaning.

Roast potatoes need par-boiling first but then you put them in the Remoska, drizzle a little oil over them and it takes about 45 minutes to roast. Prepared meals in foil can be placed directly into the pan for reheating.

Pizzas up to 8" diameter can be cooked from frozen or fresh.

Toasted sandwiches cooked quickly.

I have made several dishes in this pan and I must say when I roasted a chicken it was perfect. It was so moist.

This oven is ideal for small flats, caravans, motorcaravan, and boats as well as home.

The Remoska can only be purchased from Lakeland Limited in the UK. Price Standard size £69.99 and Large size £89.99. Shallow pan extra.

Hazleton's Response to Suzal's Review

Written on: 09/08/2008

I wish to purchase a Emoska Electric Cooker. Lakeland tells me they are not allowed to ship to the United States. Does anyone know how a person in the United States can purchase the Emoska Electric Cooker? Your help is appreciated.

Guest's Response to Suzal's Review

Written on: 26/07/2011

Well, I've had mine for over TWENTY YEARS would you believe! I purchased it when I was living aboard my narrow boat (only 50'OAL)so everythin had to be 'slimmed down' - including items in the tiny galley!I also had a 2 ring calor gas hob, so the Remoska was the perfect compact companion for this.The other factor was electricity - particularly when cruising. I had a small generator (500W)powered from the boat's engine which was fine for lights etc.but very limited for things such as cookers, so the Remoska (450W)was just about right. I cooked EVERYTHING in it - from toast to the Sunday roast! Later I moved on to a Dutch Barge (which was like moving into Buck House from a garden shed!)- but my faithful Remoska came with me as the 'second' cooker (but in reality often became the 'first' unless I was entertaining!)I'd also 'graduated' to a more powerful generator (2.5 KW)and deliberately portable, so I could cook on the huge open deckwith a BBQ and the remoska to start off the 'production line' of roast spuds!
Now I'm a landlubber, but still have the yen for travelling so have an old VW campervan - and guess what? the Remoska is tucked away in one of the cupboards! No generator this time, but a 500W inverter which runs off the leisure battery when I'm away from a mains plug-in. One warning though for all you DIY folk - DON'T attempt to dismantle it if it goes wrong! (The handle became a bit loose a few months ago so I thought "Dead easy- just a self-threading screw tht had worked loose-10 min job at most" Trouble was I had to unscrew the inner part of the lid to get to it...The whole thing sort of 'exploded'and ten days later I was still trying to fit it all back together again! Incidentally, the 'innards' are quite frightening from an electrical safety point of view - Lord knows how it got through the EEC and British standards! The heating 'element' is in fact a 'necklace'of tiny ceramic beads, strung along a line of bare thin wire (like the old fashioned 15 amp fuse wire!)This 'necklace' is wedged between a 'sandwich'of a circle of thick cooking foil and another circle of Aluminium. The 2 loose ends of the 'necklace' are threaded into the switch of the handle - with that elusive grub screw underneath it! BUT IT WORKS!(And is continuing to do so - cooked my Cornish pastie in it this evening!)Not bad for over two decades of continious use, so two fingers to EEC and the British Standards jobsworthys!

Asked by charmi on 4th May 2015 Report this content
Can I cook a roast chicken and put the potatoes and vegetables to roast with it in a standard remoska? Or for that will I need to buy the grande? Thanks

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site