Ducati 999S Reviews

Ducati 999S - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ducati 999S

Ducati 999S
Ducati 999S

“Well I used to own a 748 SPS, It had its woes, clutch...”

Written on: 14/11/2009

Well I used to own a 748 SPS, It had its woes, clutch master and slave cylinders were sh*t, and the oil pressure switch was made of a yogurt pot or something, it came home in the back of a van on a couple of occasions.
Having said all that, ownership was awesome,riding was awesome, and it looked the TDBs. I now own a 08 blade and am about to swap it for a 999!!
Don't do it I hear you cry, but you know what? I am going to do it, the blade is as bland as a washing machine on a very fast spin… Read Full Review

“User friendly. Use-able power. Flat torque curve. ...”

Written on: 22/02/2009

User friendly. Use-able power. Flat torque curve. Not as scary to ride as the 1098. In a world of nearly 200hp inline-4s, this bike will not keep up on the front straight at your local track. I personally own a 2004 Ducati 999s and I love it. I have always loved the styling of this model over previous and present day design… Read Full Review

“The looks, yes! I like the look of the Ducati 999. The...”

Written on: 13/10/2007 by PinkyJohnson (1 review written)

The looks, yes! I like the look of the Ducati 999. The engine has masses of pure V-twin power that pulls in a 4 cylinder style linear curve, only with heaps more torque. The brakes are top notch, braided hoses add to that. The suspensions simply the best of the 4 previous bikes that I've owned, certainly beats the top Showa's. Only buy if you can afford the upkeep. Its simply awesome, but will cost you more than a Jap 1000 to run. Have fun and pose on it all day.

Ride safe… Read Full Review

“Swapped a basic 999 for a 999s - I'm Ducati bred and...”

Written on: 31/01/2006 by Red999 (2 reviews written)

Swapped a basic 999 for a 999s - I'm Ducati bred and it's in my blood, so the one dodgy 999 was something not to be repeated.
To be honest, the dealer makes a difference and the setup (with Termi exhaust) has been faultless.
Fifth Duke I've had and I'm now smiling once again - massive grin from ear to ear each time I'm out on the bike.
All aspects of the bike seem to have been scrutinised at source.
The radial brakes stop on a sixpence so take care when grabbing a handful.
Ohlins suspension… Read Full Review

“Bought new Ducati Starter just burned out 2000km ...”

Written on: 14/01/2006 by fastestspeed (1 review written)

Bought new Ducati Starter just burned out 2000km Warranty fixed then clutch finished 5000km Warranty will fix it I shudder to think what will happen when warranty runs out.I love bikes,been riding since I was 8. Will tell you this bike or Ducatis are only hype. What a mistake to buy one Only for posers spends more time broken than being ridden. Test ride one then test ride a GSX R. You will see what I mean wish I never bought one. Handling is good but heavy brakes are really good. If… Read Full Review

Flat Out's Response to 225230_fastestspeed's Review

Written on: 02/07/2006

Don't know much about dukes - thanks for your review.
<br>I wont be buying one but I do like the looks of the 999s though.
<br>Please put my mind at rest - are all duke riders unfriendly? I ride a 04 rsv milli factory and when ever i pull up next to a duke rider they look at the bike then become arrogant towards me - at the end of the day we're all bikers, does it matter what bike you ride? <br>I'm also dreading breaking down - the fact that it's an Italian bike really worries me.

Kneedowner's Response to 225230_fastestspeed's Review

Written on: 09/06/2008

The way I feel about it though some praise is due to this little Italian company that has completely devoted themselves against great financial odds to become world champions. They have proven since the 1970s to be dominant in every racing challenge they have engaged in. They have done this against competitors 10 times their size. I personally have been a Ducati owner /rider since the 1970s and couldn't be happier with most that I have owned. Though Ducati may not be the only sharp knife the draw, it's linear power delivery, and tremendous torque is addictive. The Olin suspension, Brembo Brakes and trellis frame stability are just part of the package. These are some of the things most of you JAP bike owners add later to your bikes anyway.<br/>T Reed.

Nmbul's Response to 225230_fastestspeed's Review

Written on: 23/12/2006

Thank you so much for this input on Ducati bikes.
<br/>I have a friend who bought a 999 R / Xerox colours, and he is trying to convince me that this is the best sports bike in the world, but I am very reluctant to believe him...
<br/>I bought the R 1 Yamaha 05, and I am pretty happy with it. I was wondering, between a Suzuki GSXR 1000 07 or a Ducati, but I guess you've made a good point.

Read 3 Comments