Epson Stylus Photo 1290S Reviews

Summary

Inkjet Printer
Color Resolution: 2880 X 720 Dpi
Black Resolution: 2880 X 720 Dpi
Speed: 9.4 Ppm
Epson Stylus Photo 1290S - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Epson Stylus Photo 1290S

Epson Stylus Photo 1290S

“I have had my 1290S for about two years. I print...”

Written on: 21/10/2006 by bigraz (13 reviews written)

I have had my 1290S for about two years. I print almost entirely A3 and A3+ prints, and it takes a long time to print these, but the results are well worth waiting for! I use "Jet Tec" third party inks, and find these to be almost as good as Epson's own, as for the time the prints last, I have printed prints for myself and family, and they have been on the wall for up to two years, and still show no signs of "Fade". So I must say that I find the Epson Stylus Photo 1290S to be a fantastic printer!

“Overall the 1290 does exactly what Epson say it does,...”

Written on: 23/07/2005 by magnapix (1 review written)

Overall the 1290 does exactly what Epson say it does, and I use mine with a continous ink system, which makes it very economical.

“Had trouble finding useful and good-value cartridge...”

Written on: 09/01/2005 by ScreamerUK (2 reviews written)

Had trouble finding useful and good-value cartridge retailers that supply cartridges for the Epson Stylus Photo 1290S.

“The Epson Stylus Photo 1290S produces stunning quality...”

Written on: 16/04/2004 by manolisk (6 reviews written)

The Epson Stylus Photo 1290S produces stunning quality of photos, could be a little sharper, though. 5-in-1 cartridge is economical, if not efficient. Try it with third-party grey inks (Lyson, etc) and produce brilliant b&w prints to rival the darkroom.

Highly recommended for photo printing and general office printing, but is no speed demon on high resolution settings.

Nickelyacht's Response to manolisk's Review

Written on: 16/12/2005

It does actually print borderless prints on mac OX (Panther and Tiger) using gimp print. More info can be found on the internet.
<br>I always had problems with my black cartridges blocking the print head nozzles and I sent it back twice. Epsom just wouldn't tell me why it happened again and again. I have bought a head cleaner solution which epson said I shouldn't use but it beats sending it back to them and paying 1/2 the price of a new printer.

Read 1 Comment