Ernest Jones Jewellers

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Ernest Jones - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ernest Jones

“Ernest Jones said its a goodwill to exchange a fault watch”

written by Millinky on 29/03/2024

I bought a Frederique Constant wristwatch that does not work as the battery went flat four times in 18 months. Each visit to sort this has resulted in the worst experience ever. I have raised a complaint after 7 visits to resolve this and this is the response I received from your Customer Resolutions Advisor, Linda Bradshaw, Telling me new customers are treated differently, they get delivery service as part of the order and practically telling there is nothing wrong with a wristwatch that have undergone battery 3 battery changes. I plan to post all our email exchanges by Tuesday if no resolution is reached. This is absolutely unbelievable. SEE ONE OF HER EMAILS BELOW. I am sorry that you are unable to visit the store. The only other way we can do this is to refund the price that you paid on to a gift card and send to your e mail address. Otherwise you will need to go into store to get this watch exchanged. The courier service is for new purchases and not exchanges. Once again this has to be done in store. As there is nothing wrong with your watch we are exchanging as a gesture of goodwill above the full retail price. The £175 g/c you mentioned is for new orders and this will not be included in this exchange. Opt 1 Visit store for exchange Opt 2 Refund order with a gift card Opt 3 Return watch These are the full and final options so if you can please advise and I will get sorted for you. Regards Customer Resolutions Advisor

“Wedding rings!”

written by RichardCathi on 21/10/2023

Wedding rings!! Absolutely the worst customer service iv ever come across...my husband and I ordered our le Vian wedding rings from here and what an absolute joke ..my husband still has no wedding ring which we ordered in April and got married in July ..we both ended wearing rings on loan for our actual wedding and as I say my husband still hasn't got one ... absolutely everything went wrong with it that could possibly go wrong ..it's totally and utterly ruined the magic of our wedding rings ...will NEVER purchase from Ernest Jones again ! EVER! Date of experience: 21 October 2023

“Absolute joke ”

written by Zayne157 on 15/04/2019

If you fancy giving thousands of pounds away and getting nothing in return then I would definitely recommend shopping here. We ordered my engagement ring three months ago and are still waiting for it. I have been into store several times to chase - they have finally tried to contact the supplier but can’t even get through to them. So we are currently paying finance for something that may not even be being made. Who knows if I will even have an engagement ring by the time our wedding day rolls round!! Don’t shop here. 0 stars.

“They never ever answer the phone ”

written by niStevens270 on 21/12/2017

They never ever answer the phone. I’ve been trying to call them for 2 days now because I don’t have any news about my order for an expensive watch. I’d like to know if it’s going to arrive in the next 2 days before I leave the country for Christmas holidays otherwise I’d rather pick it up in store. I’ve been calling and waiting for 20mims on the phone, I tried this for 2 days at different time of day and they never answer. They put you on hold until you eventually hang up and pay for the call. When I went to the store they were not helpful at all and told me I had to call the same number. Now I don’t know if I will ever get this expensive watch on time.... very very poor customer service

“Christmas Nightmare”

written by Gaels236 on 28/11/2017

Looking for a (2016) Christmas Present for my other half, I decided to buy a Raymond Weil Tango 5391-SPS-00995 (watch). Living on the Isle of Skye, I looked online and found one at the Ernest Jones Store in my nearest City, Inverness. The Website for this Company was offering 15% off, the Store was offering 10% off. I persuaded them to increase the discount. I travelled through the next day, 122 miles each direction and bought the watch. I wrapped the present and gave it to my other half. It was under the Christmas Tree for a few days before being opened on Christmas Day. On opening it, the 'Second hand' seemed to behaving erratically. On closer inspection and after some online research and after talking to Raymond Weil, it was discovered that the Timepiece battery was dead or at least critically low in power. I telephoned Ernest Jones as soon as the Customer Service was available and told them. They told me that since I live on the Isle of Skye, they wouldn't be able to collect the watch as it would need to be insured and there were no major courier companies that come anywhere near me. They did tell me that if I sent it to the store and it got lost, I'd be responsible for it, not them. I decided that I would drive it back through the following day, when I told the Customer Service Representative, he told me that Ernest Jones would cover my Costs of approximately £50.00. This was partly because my other half's Christmas was marred by this. I travelled the 122 mile back through to Inverness to return the watch, they hadn't even been informed by Customer Services about the issue. I never received anything to cover any costs of another 240+ miles round trip, worse still, once at the Inverness Store, to return the watch I had to go online to find transcript of my dealings with Ernest Jones Customer Services to be able to return the watch.

“Dishonest liars”

written by PeterHarrisZZ on 30/07/2017

This firm simply cannot be trusted. I paid the charge online for next day delivery, which was accepted, as this was a 21st birthday present. It didn't come - all I had was an email stating that they couldn't access the property and therefore didn't leave a card. This is a lie. There is no reason why they would have been unable to access this normal house - they are bare faced liars trying to cover the fact that they didn't try to deliver. A disgrace. I'll never use these liars again.

“Do not use Ernest Jones chain of shops”

written by LailahLane on 29/06/2017

Ernest Jones and their Premier Service Centre are not to be trusted, as they tried to trick me with a number of chicky tricks. I needed a new battery for my watch and they said it would take 6 weeks to get my watch back. They tried to sell me a full service costing £350 and when I refused they tried to sell me a watch about same price, which I also refused. After leaving my watch with them to get just the new battery fitted, they called me after one week saying that there was a problem with my watch and it needed a full service and that it would simply not work with a new battery, as they tested it and it didn't work. After waiting for 6 weeks and no further call from them, I called them back and asked for my watch back and my money back and went to another service provider, who did change the battery in one week (instead of 6) for a quarter of the price and the watch is working perfectly now with its new battery. Ernest Jones is simply not to be trusted and I am shocked to see a brand like Baume & Mercier associated with such merchants.

“Avoid at all costs”

written by adaml977 on 11/03/2017

Absolute worst company i have ever had the displeasure to deal with. Customer services lie to you to get you off the phone. Absolute disgrace of a company. Avoid at absollute all costs.

“Repair Rip Off”

written by JennaGutierrez486 on 24/10/2016

I took my Omega Constellation to the Ernest Jones in Kingston upn Thames to get its battery replaced. I knew it needed replacing because the second hand was skipping 4 secs at a time - a feature rather than a bug. The shop _insisted_ that they wouldn't touch it unless it went in for a full service - +£500. I took it to a repair shop in Battersea this morning who replaced the battery for just £5. It works perfectly. Ernest Jones are running a repair racket. They engage in daylight robbery.

“AWFUL QUALITY AND FOLLOW UP SERVICE! Do not use them ”

written by KDB1969 on 03/06/2016

The tale of a ring... My partner bought me a lovely platinum and diamond band ring costing £1000 as a birthday present and as a good luck wish for my battle with breast cancer in 2007. 2 years later I was in having all the round diamonds reset as they were all loose. No worries I thought. And then it started. In 2011 a diamond fell out and I spent £150 putting one diamond back in and all tightened again. In 2013 the same thing happened and another £150 cost to repair. In October 2015 I spent £286 AGAIN replacing a lost diamond and having the ring "re shaped" ! And now..... The same thing has happened again. I took the ring back in as it was within the year of the repair and insured? I was told that the ring looked fine but they needed to see if it was the same diamond ... I was phoned to say the repair would cost ... You guessed it .... £286 ! Are you kidding me !!! Apparently the ring was sent off with the note on it that it was misshapen?!? - I think not! And therefore I was LIABLE for the repair ?!?! Are Ernest Jones playing a game here ? the ring was discontinued - prob because all the stones keep falling out and here is a definite design fault. Awful customer service down in Torquay yesterday and surly managers questioning us I am a teacher and do not go about smashing my ring all over the place - 5 repairs in 9 years Absolutely overpriced rubbish quality if this is the case

“Do not buy from them”

written by Cleveland270 on 29/04/2016

Ordered a wedding ring on 10th told it would be ready on 21st had no notification from store so rang to find out if it was there. 4 days later they came back to me to say it will take another 2 wks I have requested a refund but not holding much hope as have to speak to the store manager tomorrow. Will never buy anything from this store again . Poor customer service

“Poor Quality Diamond, Very Disappointing Engagement Ring”

written by OmarKirk on 25/04/2016

Heavily flawed dimond in my engagement ring. Fiancé blinded by supposed 'sale' and thought he was getting a ring worth double what he paid. These heavily flawed diamonds are not sold in most reputable jewllers. So disappointing as I always imagined I'd have a ring I'd love.

“Label goods with wrong price ”

written by Sampson365 on 15/03/2016

Just tried to purchase a Michael Kors bangle from iErnest Jones Intu Derby at price displayed for at least a month to my knowledge only to be told that it was labelled wrong. After paying for parking specifically to buy this item to be told regardless of what they display it at they can't sell the item at that price. Surely management should review its staff who have failed to notice this, it's not like a supermarket continually inundated with customers. Rude shop assistant. Will buy at Beaverbrooks

“Engagement Ruined”

written by Piggles88 on 26/01/2016

My fiancé proposed to me in June 2015 with a beautiful engagement ring from Ernest Jones. I absolutely loved it. It was a cluster ring with lots of tiny little stones. My first worry about it was that I thought the stones might start to drop out eventually because they were so tiny and had no claws, however my fiancé told me that he'd asked about that in the shop and had been assured that it would be very unlikely to happen. Anyway, firstly the ring was too big so I had to get a smaller size. When I received the smaller size ring that had been ordered in brand new, you could see the massive difference in colour! My fiancé had purchased originally the one that was on show in the shop. I thought to myself - I can't believe what a difference there is! The new one was so much more sparkly as it hadn't been on show for months in the shop window. I didn't really think anything of it at the time but now looking back, I can't believe they let my fiancé walk out with such a discoloured ring! After just five months in November, I noticed the first little diamond had dropped out. I was so upset. I took it back straight away and they sent it off for 'repair'. I waited three weeks. It eventually returned with the same stone still missing!!! I couldn't believe it! What had they been doing all this time that i'd been without my precious ring?! They then sent it off again. The ring came back with a replaced stone, but... Yes.... Another stone was now missing on a different part of the ring!!! So their repair centre had now sent my ring back twice with stones missing, despite assuring me that all jewellery is quality checked in the repair centre before being sent back! They told me it must be a problem with the ring itself and offered me a brand new one which would come with another whole year's warranty! I couldn't believe what I was hearing.... I told them.... this ring needs to last me my whole life! Not just a year!!! I demanded a refund which was granted. The whole ordeal was so upsetting. This is the ring my fiancé picked. He got it spot on. I loved it so much. In the end I couldn't stand to look at it and this has taken away the special memories of what was supposed to be one of the best days of my life.... I'm now having my ring made by an independent jeweller. I have spoken to around 5 other independent jewellers since and every single one of them cringed when I mentioned Ernest Jones. STAY AWAY from this horrid shop and it's products - they don't care about the quality of the products they sell and they are not Diamond Specialists....

“Ernest Jones are not even worth the 1 Star given. Terrible”

written by Tasha40 on 07/01/2016

I have so much to say since December 2014 until present January 2016. If I could of Rewind time, I would of rather spent a bit more and gone to Goldsmiths or Fraser Hart. Ernest Jones Customer Services in some Stores Burnley being 1. Customer services online are even worse. All about the Money with this company they dont care if your Unhappy with your Purchase and how important getting your Engagement Ring and Or Wedding Ring is. Got to the stage where I demanded a Refund for both my Engagement and wedding ring. But the staff were being awkward because the original unworn wedding ring that was exchanged with the New ring that i paid an additional £200 for, could not be tracked back of how i paid for the original wedding ring.. when i asked the Store manager to call The Bury Store she refused. By that point Yes I had become abusive. Its something that has been ongoing since Before December 2014. Once my original Engagement ring comes back from Rhodium plating in the next week, il have to sell that myself as I stupidly thought buying a more pricey ring they would refund back the other ring that had hardly been worn and that they knew I was unhappy with. They also denied that someone from Customer services had sent me an email that i showed the store Manager in the Burnley store it clearly could be seen it had come from customer services. But No I was called a Liar. That is when I became abusive. To top all this off that store had also been informed by Customer services that under No Circumstances do they Refund me for the Ring that is currently in for a clean as its only 11 months old.. luckily its free in the 1st year. Unlike other more Reputable Jewellers who offer this service for 10yrs. I suffer with Mental health illness which i explain before approaching anything that could cause me distress, not to give me the right to behave abusive but in the hope they talk to me in a better way! Ive done nothing but hurt myself over the last yearr ... because ERNEST JONES just Care abour Taking your Money. I burst out crying in the store not to get a Refund as that was obvious Customer services had sent a rude email about making sure under No Circstances do they REFUND me! So Already I felt Discriminated against!!! I felt Humiliated in store and felt I had to reveal my arms so they could believe I have MENTAL HEALTH so felt forced to pull both arm sleeves off to reveal all my Scars that i have to live with for Life. But as i had already been called a Liar about the Email that was in front of the store manager... they ended up asking for security to come! Which made things worse! At no point were they at risk from me! Its me I hurt when I am so Distressed. But Well Done Ernest Jones you did well and I have been distressed and peeved with your Company since the Start. Wish to God we had choosen our life rings Elsewhere. T ROCHE (Mean as im known so well to yourselves) that you have emailed all your local stores about me.  I would Urge anyone to think Twice. They are all sweet and friendly when you had over your money, but before you part with your money just make sure you are 100% with your purchase and that you have shopped around first. Because if anything goes wrong Ernest Jones will be useless. I have a Tennis Bracelet from Goldsmith and even after 3yrs they still inspect and clean my item, in Hindsight I wish we had more money to of purchased our Life Rings from a Company who do care from start to Finish.

“Not Very Happy!!!”

written by rebbel on 26/12/2015

Very disappointed with the attitude of the sales assistant/manager. My boyfriend had bought me a DKNY watch from the shop for me for Christmas. The watch needed a link taking out, which my boyfriend had tried to do, but did not want to damage.The manner in which the sales assistant/manager spoke to us was very belittling. We will not be shopping in Ernest Jones shops again. The store needs to remember, that nowadays there are a lot of similar shops on the high street and online!!!!!!

“Appalling Service and Attitude”

written by MarkLidster on 17/12/2015

The Watford Branch of Ernest & Jones was all smiles and happy when it came to selling me an eternity ring to celebrate my ten year anniversary to my partner. Six weeks later one of the diamonds mysteriously fell out. We took the ring back to the Watford branch and they accused my partner of damaging it. She had not. They would not refund or exchange or even repair it without us paying for it. They were also very unhelpful and would not write anything down to allow us to present future evidence. We then took the ring to an independent jeweller for repair. In the repair process 8 further diamonds fell out due the extremely poor quality of the ring setting. We went back to Ernest Jones Head Office with this evidence. They said we had invalidated the terms of any warranty we might have had by attempting to get it repaired, so there was nothing further they could do! Draw your own conclusions. Suffice to say we will never shop there or any other branch of Ernest Jones again. Incidentally we went to another E&A store and explained the situation and they said they would have exchanged it straight away!!

“Stopped working after 2 Months”

written by AlfonsoThornton on 11/12/2015

I brought a £600.00 Tissot watch from Ernest Jones online as a present. It has stopped working. I contacted the customer service and got no reply so went on Facebook and got a reply that evening. I would have to take the watch back to my nearest Ernest Jones for them to send it away to Tissot. I brought it on line as my nearest store is 120 miles away and being disabled and unable to get there doesn't matter. If I take the watch to another jewellers I invalidate the guarentee. So I am contacting Tissot direct to see if they can help. I will never use Ernest Jones again or recommended them.

Revieweddd's Comment

Written on: 16/01/2016

The tissot guarantee is international. Sending it yourself to tissot or through any reputable jeweller is fine. You should have got the guarantee card stamped and dated by Ernest Jones along with any other information the guarantee card required. And also a little information booklet with worldwide tissot addresses as they have a service centre in UK. But going to another jewellers they might charge you p+p as you would have to do yourself as well as fill out all your corresponding derails for them if you choose to send it yourself. I hope this helps.

“Poor ladies watch repair advice”

written by Wrenvq55 on 04/12/2015

This relates to the Bath store only. I bought a Tissot ladies watch in that store about 3 or 4 years ago. My watch had started getting slow so I figured it probably needed a new battery(as I hadn't replaced it before). I took the watch in last Friday and was told by the lady assistant that if it was the battery it would just stop! She then tested the battery and said that because the machine beeped the battery was ok. She then said it needed a clean and service. If it was still under the 2 year guarantee she said it would be free otherwise it would cost about £120. I said I'd check my guarantee and leave it for now. The guarantee hadn't been dated(I know I should be checking their competency when they're doing their job)but I knew it was older than 2years. Earlier this week I took the same watch to my local jewellers and asked them the same question, to put a new battery in my watch. It cost me £5.50 and the watch is now keeping perfect time! Shame on you Ernest Jones, I hope no one else gets bad and potentially costly advice!

“My 20 years old Rado was damage in there workshop !!!”

written by MarkoBorojevic on 10/11/2015

I can't believe that they took mine watch for change battery with out having licenses to do so. In 2013 October I visit Ernest and Jones Oxford shop to replace my battery on Rado assuming will be send to Rado registered workshop however they did it in there workshop in Birmingham with out having license to do so. Unfortunately mine Rado was damaged due to moisture entering in it assuming not beean pressure tested . I'm gathered no wards keep away from Ernest and Jones I will never put mine foot in again!!!