Compare Beaverbrooks Reviews

2.6
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Beaverbrooks - Ask a question now

“Beaverbrooks great customer service”

written by Davidnewton1960 on 19/05/2022

Sorry to hear others have not had a good experience but my own experience has been nothing but positive. My wife and I visited Metrocentre branch looking for a watch for myself as a birthday present from my wife. Despite not looking to spend a fortune we were offered a drink and made to feel like we were valued customers who were spending thousands. As a young man I was trained in customer service in Edinburgh by a veteran of the art and was taught that every customer should be treat the same no matter what they look like or how much they are spending, they are all valued. The staff at Metrocentre branch certainly have these values and my wife and myself experienced a first class service. Thanks to all and thanks for a great product too, we will definitely be visiting again!

“Worst jewellers ever”

written by Maxz140 on 13/03/2019

The customer service for this company is the worst I have ever experienced, we were sold a faulty watch and a year later we are still trying to get it fixed. We have been made to feel like we are the ones at fault and they are doing us a favour, in spite of it being myself that has spent £300 on a watch that is not fit for purpose. My advice is don't purchase anything from them as the quality is bad and service even worse if that's at all possible

“Online Purchase in September 2017”

written by moby79 on 11/09/2017

I purchased a Michael Kors Smart Watch on sale via there online store. The price and product experience was good as the delivery was made within 2 days which was impressive and free returns also if not satisfied with the goods. They do offer online support and by email this was also good and detailed to what I actually asked. The only thing that makes me give a low rating at present is the warranty as they will cover the mechanics of the smart watch and send of for repair, but if anything was to break for example the rubber strap or the rubber clasp piece this would be deemed as wear and which I disagree with, and as some reviews state the colour of the watch can come off with some usage which it should not as many watches last for years without it coming off, but assuming it was to come off within first few months , then it is not covered also , so bare in mind warranty is limited and this will not be pointed out at point of sale unless you ask. More consumer cover is essential to satisfy that the product is of quality in which case you will take the risk of a more expensive item.

“Meadowhall Sheffield”

written by Julieanne04 on 05/08/2017

After purchasing a new watch I enquired about having a watch repaired a Raymon Weil repaired they said to bring it in and they would sent it off. I took the watch in and they took the details of the watch and said they would call Raymond Weil it had a broken clasp. The watch was working. They received a quote for £165 from Raymond Weil for a replacement clasp so I took the watch in. A few days later I got a call to say that Raymond Weil had come back with a quote of £465 ?? When I said why they said because they recommended a new movement as it was an old watch. I said I never asked for that as the movement was ok . They said if I didn't go ahead either the clasp repair then I would have to pay £45 insurance wasn't told any of this when I took it in. I said just go ahead with the clasp then and after speaking to another member of staff it wasn't for insurance it was because Raymond Weil had worked on the watch what for a clasp ? Which they had quoted on already?? What work did they do take it out of the packet. When I went to pick the watch up the clasp was done but the watch wasn't working so the they said they would send it back to Raymond Weil so they did. Then I got a call to say 'we have received your quote and will be £165 for a new movement ?? Does no one communicate? This time for £165 half the price for the first quote of a movement which was quoted the first time so why the big difference. I explained the watch was working when I left it with them and they said it can stop anytime in transit ??? And they would refund the £135 for the clasp as they said when it was originally sent off for the clasp the watch wasn't working and they hadn't noticed because it was in small print at the bottom of the page. So now I have a non working watch with a new clasp which was a working watch with a broken clasp. Had enough so just picked my watch up . Disgusted with the customer service no one knew what they were doing . Bought several watches from Beaverbrooks but won't be buying again . Just deciding what my next step will be .

“Horrendous experience.”

written by GillTraynor on 25/04/2017

Anyone can provide a good service when making a sale but it is the after sales care of how a problem or complaint is dealt with, that is more important and this company doesn't provide it. We bought my daughter an £850 Raymond Weil watch for her 21st birthday and just a year there was condensation inside the watch face, 4 months later it stops working and recently a dial has fallen off. Each time it goes away it takes about a month to be returned. They haven't got the part this time,it will take a month for this, so this time she will have been with out a watch for 2 months. Customer services is a joke, it's on permanent answerphone and they don't return the calls until you make a negative post on Facebook. Avoid this company, buy elsewhere.

“Don't buy from Beaverbrooks”

written by Luzm325 on 18/12/2016

Having purchased a bracelet for £150 from the Derby branch back in August for my 21st birthday, I was initially very pleased however within the space of an hour of wearing said bracelet, the links broke. I took the bracelet back in the following day, after some huffing and puffing and rolling of the eyes from the sales assistant I was told they would order me a new one. New one came, looked fine, took it home and it has sat comfortably in my jewelery box till this day where I decided to wear it out for a meal to which it broke again, exactly the same problem, exactly the same place. I went back into store and was greeted by a very rude and obnoxious lady who called herself the manager, she went into detail about how I must of caught the bracelet on my sleeve and therefore broken it so there was absolutely no way ever on this planet she would refund me or do anything at all except send it for repair, not at all taking into consideration that this was the 2nd time I had been into store with said broken bracelet. For a £150 this bracelet was of very poor quality, even if the cause had been simply a tug of my sleeve this bracelet should never have broken, it was never fit for purpose. Anyway after 20 mins of being rudely accused I was simply handed a credit note and a measly Merry Christmas, I can honestly say I have never received such terrible service.

“Merry Hill store”

written by Jackiep15769 on 14/11/2016

Such great friendly staff here. Accommodating and helpful. Easy to talk to and nothing is too much trouble.

“Stolen / Missing Tag from service”

written by matty_uk1_y2k on 25/08/2016

My wife sent my 'Limited Edition' Tag for servicing via Beaver Brooks in Bromley. They phoned to inform her that it has been stolen via Royal Mail. Beaver Brooks gave two alternative choices to chose from and neither of which were suitable.I gave one example which would have been a most reluctant replacement which cost £350 more than the watch they had offered. Beaver Brooks refused to budge regarding the difference in RRP despite the fact my limited edition had been accruing in value over the years I had owned it. Beaver Brooks were of no help discussing any? on-going police investigation. Meaning I have had no choice but to request a cash replacement and then have to report myself the whole story to the police. Anybody considering having a high value watch serviced via Beaver Brooks... Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere!!!

“Beaverbrooks Basingstoke”

written by JBroderick on 15/07/2015

I have just purchased a new watch from the Basingstoke branch of Beaverbrooks. Excellent service from the very helpful and friendly staff... drinks offered on both visits... comfortable seating while choosing/buying. Will be my first port of call for future jewellery purchases. Highly recommended!

“Delightful shopping experience!”

written by widdowjo on 16/05/2015

My mother and I were treated like royalty at the Merry Hill store. We only wanted a simple silver chain for a pendant we already own but nothing was too much trouble. We were invited to sit down, offered a drink, asked polite and intelligent questions about our requirements and then a selection of suitable chains were brought to us to examine. We were served by a young gentleman and he really went the extra mile to make the experience delightful. This included running after us down the shopping mall with a bag of Holland & Barrett shopping we had inadvertently left behind. 10/10 Beaverbrooks, and 11/10 for the young gentelman

“poor service and staff lying”

written by EmiliaBriggs308 on 13/02/2015

I ordered an engagement ring for my future fiance for Valentine's day in time for the ring to be delivered to my work on time today. I then had an email sent to my work email address stating they had cancelled my order and returning my funds in 3/5 working days due to a bank descreppancy and I.D ossue!! I questioned why I've been emailed at work and also on the Friday rather than prior as tomorrow's valentines day ?? I was informed it was a descepenvy they could not do anything about so to contact my bank.. low and behold I contact my bank and there was no issues with my card derails and they took full payment as requested for the ring on monday!! ...so am now running around for an engagement ring lastminute.com.. am a couple of thousand down am waiting to be refunded in 3/5 working days... THANK YOU BEAVERBROOK for completely wrecking my plans and not even having the courtesy to call or send an email to the correct address..!!!utter useless company and appalling customer service,as a company owner My self dealing in customer service maybe your company needs to understand what communication means.

Jameslincoln's Comment

Written on: 01/04/2015

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Beaver Brooks, but your not alone. I recently ordered a wedding ring for my fiancee, when it arrived it was not as we had been expecting and did not sit against my fiancees engagement ring as the one she tried in the shop. We have been blankly refused any kind of refund or help to get the ring we want. Only being told it is nonrefundable - (this was actually not explained but only pointed out on the receipt after I paid). We are also experiencing the lying staff and getting no genuine support. At least they didn't get your money.

“Beaverbooks Hanley, Stoke on Trent”

written by Belle16 on 13/01/2015

My partner purchased an engagement ring from here for me in Oct 2012. Unfortunately it was too small so I had to take it in to be resized, after doing this it was still too small so again I had it resized. All of this was no issue at all for the staff and I found them to be very knowledgable and friendly. Since that time I have taken my ring in frequently to be cleaned, which is complimentary due to purchasing from them. We have also been there to look for wedding rings for our upcoming wedding. The staff are really friendly and helpful, the service we receive is always exellent. Would highly recommend this store over other local jewellery stores due to the excellent service they give.

“Broke my jewelry but won't take responsibility”

written by GermanJorgensen on 08/01/2015

We have spend thousands at Beaverbrooks in the past. We will not use them again. I asked for an existing ring to be made bigger. The third party they use cracked the setting but will not take responsibility for the crack. Beaverbrooks are not fighting my corner in any way. The third party want between £150 and £800 to mend something they broke. Do not use this company for changes to existing jewelry. By the way we just bought an engagement ring for £5k from Samara James (who sell online). Half the price of Beaverbrooks and much better quality goods and service. SO glad we didn't buy from Beaverbrooks!

“Money back”

written by Emmak0751 on 18/12/2014

I have been paying for a hugo boos watch for my partner £325 and have paid £260 off but i have found the watch at a differant shop for cheaper so was wondering if any one knows if i could get all my money back and shop at the cheaper one??

“3 purchases, £4,000 spent and appalling service!!”

written by 123lindsayt on 15/11/2014

I purchased a Tag watch for my husbands birthday last year, then a michael kors watch for my daughters christmas and earings for myself. After 3 months the rubber winder on the watch fell off, when we returned to the store we were td the warranty didn't cover the rubber winder! £3,400 watch!!!! I had been encouraged to buy the beaverbrooks insurance for my daughters watch as it was encrusted with rose gold crystals and the insurance would cover repair or replacement if damaged - no it doesn't! When 3 crystals fell out i was abruptly told that the policy dowsn't cover 'wear and tear'! And now having received a £20 discount voucher on spend over £100 at christmas as a. 'Loyal' customer i am told at the till that its only for 'beaverbrooks not branded items'?!!! Totalinsurance rip off and definitely wont be going back!!

“Excellent service and jewellery”

written by Manninggr71 on 23/10/2014

I've bought several pieces of jewellery from Beaverbrooks at the White Rose Mall in Leeds this year. As soon as I walk in, they immediately offer me a place to sit and a coffee or tea. Even when they are busy, I am not kept waiting long. So far, I am really happy with the service and the jewellery that I have bought too. My only complaint, and I understand their reasoning. They want me to pay a deposit to get in a particular item of jewellery for my inspection. I feel they need to trust that their customers will return to inspect such items.

“Pathetic service”

written by thor88 on 12/08/2014

The company are only interested in sales and staff are pretentious. Over the years I have bought a couple of watches from their Edinburgh Kinnaird Park store. however I have found their after sales service useless. I took a Raymond Viel watch back to get a simple battery change. the young male assistant took one look at it and claimed that they could not do it and they only had minimal tools to do the job. He did however suggest that they could send it away to get a new battery which would take about 2 weeks and cost £70. Needless to say I left. I then took it to a High St watch repairer who opened it in front of me with nothing more than a penknife and put a new battery in it for £4.50. I think that a company that sells watches worth hundreds to thousand of pounds should invest in a decent after sales and repair service.

Davesense's Response to thor88's Review

Written on: 09/09/2014

Could you clarify pretentious from your experience? Also; you took a watch (which is spelt Weil by the way, only pronounced "Veil") worth hundreds of pounds to a guy who could swap it out using a pen knife charging £4.50?! You get what you pay for I suppose along with all the contaminants and lack of any guaranteed water resistance. Obviously your opinion of after sales service is quick & cheap as opposed to thorough and guaranteed. Also I suppose the age and gender of the assistant is totally relevant enough to pass comment on it. Would you preffer old & female?

Thor88's reply to Davesense's Comment

Written on: 11/09/2014

Thank you for pointing out my spelling error (That was a bit pretentious by the way). The watch concerned is still working perfectly well despite the reasonable cost. A simple watch battery change does not require super car service conditions despite what you may think but hey if you are prepared to pay through the nose for a watch battery go for it. I also have no preference to age or gender. I just hoped the individual might identify himself. Perhaps you are him of course which may explain your issue with my comments.

“awful staff members! manchester beaverbrooks”

written by Pierre95 on 15/07/2014

I went to the beaverbrooks in the Manchester arndale whilst looking for a gift doe my sister. Apparently, I was bot the type of person the male staff member thought worthy of shopping in that store because I barely had time to make my enquiry before he was pushing me out the door, recommending more "suitable" stores such as argos (something his coworkers found amusing) He was incredibly rude and pretentious despite the fact that I would have been a paying customer. Rest assured, horrid man, I am never going to buy anything from your store in the future and will tell anyone who will listen about your rude, unprofessional behaviour.

“Unnecessary and expensive TAG watch service”

written by MikeDavis1950 on 30/06/2014

For my wife's 60th birthday just over three years ago, I had the misfortune to buy an expensive TAG watch from Beaverbrooks in Exeter. The staff were friendly enough at the time but I guess because I was spending over £3,000, so they should have been. Just recently, the second hand started to jump in 4 or 5 second steps. On reading the manual, this is an indication that the battrey life as coming to an end. We returned the watch to Beaverbrooks in Exeter and asked that they replace the battery. We were quoted something in the region of £75.00 for a battery which must have a cost value of just a few pounds at most. We were also advised that this procedure would take around 8 weeks. Reluctantly, we accepted, handed over the watch and waited. After around 6 weeks, my wife received a phone call from Beaverbrooks to explain that the previous battery had leaked and that the watch now needed a service at approximately £160.00 PLUS the original £75 for the battery. When my wife expressed surprise as she had only worn the watch for "high days and holidays" some 10 or so times in total and to all intents and purposes could have been sat in a jewellers shelf for a similar period of time. Beaverbrooks said that they would double check with TAG and report back in due course. When the call came, not surprisingly, the issue now wasn't the battery, it was now that some foreign matter had ingressed and was causing the movement to run slow. This is a fully pressure sealed watch suitable for use at 300mts depth?? TAG of course were in possession of the watch and so had the upper hand. We expected Beaverbrooks to fight our corner for us against the might of a hugely powerful company but we were misguided in that expectation and massively disappointed with their support for us over this. My wife collected the watch, requested to speak to the manager to express dissatisfaction and outrage at being robbed of nearly £230.00, plus the hassle factor, but the response was mooted at best - the assistant disappeared and claimed to have spoken to the manager but we are sceptical that a serious conversation had transpired. We subsequently discover that a local high street retailer with a watch and clock repair in store would have replaced the battery, pressure sealed the watch, provided a guarantee at a cost of £40.00. If you value support, fair treatment, good service and reasonable prices - don't go to Beaverbrooks and don't buy TAG.

Davesense's Response to MikeDavis1950's Review

Written on: 09/09/2014

After reading your jnstruction manual, or even the care section of the Tag Heuer website you would notice that the recommended service interval for a ladies quartz watch is 3-6 years. A service costs £230 strangely enough. Also, how frequently your wife wears the watch is irrelevant, its constantly functioning regardless of where it is and adjusting the time/date can expose the sensitive movement to the elements of where you choose to do it, ie a humid room. It amazes me how people will pay such large amounts of money for an item and then hide behind that fact as justification of ignorance that service charges are more hefty than expected. Funny how a Mercedes service costs hundreds where a Ford far, far less. The next time you invest in such a high end product I would recommend doing thorough research and asking the right questions at the point of sale as the sales person is obliged to sell a product, offer basic after care advice and answer any questions the customer may have.

Mikedavis1950's reply to Davesense's Comment

Written on: 10/09/2014

Clearly you missed the point - if we were told that a service was necessary and expensive - not an issue - it was the manner in which it was relayed and handled. To use your analogy, if we took our Mercedes to the garage and were told that the tyre is flat therefore you need a service, that would not have been right either!
However, I expect that you are employed by one or the other!

“Worst store service ever! Metro centre store”

written by ABK83 on 05/06/2014

I have been a loyal beaverbrooks customer ever since my dad bought me first designer watch in my teens. Have bought 7 or so watches for myself and various jewellery as gifts. This experience goes back to late May when I bought an Armani watch from the Gateshead store. I only bought as everyday wear, but did not wear it. Sunday(01/06/14) when I bring it out to wear it I notice the date is on 32 rather then 01 as it should have just clicked over. So decide not to wear it and return it. When at the store to return it I get told that the clasp has scratches (very minor can't see it unless under light and looked at it at an angle) on it so can't accept the refund. So the manager says under the date issue is common and with the scratches can't refund. I explained the only way the scratches exist is if I was sold it with it on or they caused it when sizing the bracelet but would not accept this. So left the store very disappointed without refund or exchange. I also phoned the customer services who were clueless as normal. But the worst thing is salesperson tells customer services that I was told about the date issue in the store (if that was the case I would have bought another watch). Customer service person also admitted that it was hard explain the date issue without showing it (again not shown in store). Hope my experience is one off cause I can't see how I will be recommending this company to any friends or family. Beaverbrooks you have let a loyal customer down big time!